Rush Propst to Valdosta

He's a scumbag who is a great coach. He lost his Georgia teaching certificate and lost his job at Colquitt County because of it. He's allegedly had issues at Hoover and CC as far as how he acts in the school, forget the outside stuff.

Somebody in this thread that Valdosta hiring Propst is a indication that they're tired of losing, which makes no sense. They won a state title in 2016 and had one losing season between then and now. They may not be nationally what they once were, but they also have to deal with Lowndes across town who is also elite in Georgia.

Propst is HS Urban Meyer, for better or worse, and possibly much worse. I guarantee he will leave Valdosta, whenever that is, under shady circustances.

Nothing can be worse than that coverup of that black kid that was rolled up in that mat. That town was on pins and needles. Nothing over there is surprising

Advertisement
I’m just a fan of East St Louis who is also a national power. I hope Miami could target that area more. There are some good teams in the St Louis area.
Don't know that we've had the best luck with East St. Louis. Our first big recruit from there was Jeff Howard in the mid-80's. He lasted less than a year. I think many would consider Jeff Thomas something of a disappointment.

Lived in Valdosta for 6 years and just moved. Theres some mixed emotions because of the way he left colquitt but one thing is for sure, he'll win. They also have more talent coming in compared to lowndes for the next few seasons. Lowndes just hired a new coach as well. Winnersville is going to be crazy this year. Sad I'll miss it

Advertisement
Valdosta is getting ready to go on a ridiculous run. As a kid that was in high school during the late 80's and early 90's, Valdosta was the top dog in Georgia. The fact that Dubose just went to Lowndes makes this situation even more amped up. It's about to be crazy down there!!

Lived in Valdosta for 6 years and just moved. Theres some mixed emotions because of the way he left colquitt but one thing is for sure, he'll win. They also have more talent coming in compared to lowndes for the next few seasons. Lowndes just hired a new coach as well. Winnersville is going to be crazy this year. Sad I'll miss it
Valdosta has a really good group of rising freshman coming up as well.

Advertisement

Going to be interesting to see how Dubose does. He's no slouch either as a coach.

He's a scumbag who is a great coach. He lost his Georgia teaching certificate and lost his job at Colquitt County because of it. He's allegedly had issues at Hoover and CC as far as how he acts in the school, forget the outside stuff.

Somebody in this thread that Valdosta hiring Propst is a indication that they're tired of losing, which makes no sense. They won a state title in 2016 and had one losing season between then and now. They may not be nationally what they once were, but they also have to deal with Lowndes across town who is also elite in Georgia.

Propst is HS Urban Meyer, for better or worse, and possibly much worse. I guarantee he will leave Valdosta, whenever that is, under shady circustances.

2016?! That's not "good enough" for Valdosta. They have 2 big problems. Number 1, is that they think it's their birthright to be playing for the ship, in the highest classification, every year! They think that Alabama is the Valdosta High School of NCAA football :ROFLMAO: . Since they're not playing in the highest classification (student population) anymore, they feel like they should dominate that "JV" league. Which is why they fire coaches, like its goin outta style. I went to school there in the early 90's. They will do about anything to get back to the highest classification and win a ring. Welcome Coach Propst. The other issue they have, is losing to Lowndes. In their minds, that shouldn't happen. Everything else in your post, is spot on.

Advertisement

Lol @ that announcer... "collided"? Very "diplomatic" word choice, to say the least.
Also, what kind of deranged hothead headbutts a teenager right across the top of the face mask? Did Coach think his visor would protect him on that one?

Advertisement
Random, but since we're talking about Valdosta and HS football... The stadium Lowndes played in was the first one I ever saw that made my jaw drop. You just don't see that in FL, not a stadium that just one school uses for itself.

But then, I moved to Texas to cover sports and... yeah that's the norm there lol.

Random, but since we're talking about Valdosta and HS football... The stadium Lowndes played in was the first one I ever saw that made my jaw drop. You just don't see that in FL, not a stadium that just one school uses for itself.

But then, I moved to Texas to cover sports and... yeah that's the norm there lol.

That's majority a Dade-County thing. Plenty of schools in FL have their own stadium

That's majority a Dade-County thing. Plenty of schools in FL have their own stadium
You're right, but what I mean is stadiums that make you say wow. I graduated from a HS in Broward and played at quite a few of the stadiums, most of them are just okay - STA may have the best one I saw up there. I'm talking about stadiums like the one I put in this post

Attachments

• 882.jpg
    882.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 55
Advertisement
Back