Rush Propst to Valdosta

I seriously doubt extra-marital affairs are uncommon in coaching. It doesn't make what Rush did right, but is also doesn't make him different than many other countries. Rush's affair was not with a co-worker or minor and he lost his job at Hoover over it. The main paid his price and my outward appearance has been a good husband to his current wife.

Everyone knows Rush is behind on his taxes due to the smear campaign ran by Colquitt County schools. Rush has not been charged with any tax crime and all accounts is cooperating with the IRS.

The allegations is that he provided over-the-counter pain meds to his players. These are the same meds that exist in every companies break room first aide kit. I know many of the humors were that he was providing oxy or roids but those were just rumors.

Yeah, Rush shouldn't have headbutted a player wearing a helmet, but this isn't something that players don't do to each other. Meanwhile in "Year of the Bull" you have a coach wrestling players and another coach slapping players helmets in the shower.

The fact is that Rush has worked for 40 years to get the best out of his players. He is given hundreds of kids the opportunity to get a free education and has taught my more of the hard sacrifices required to be a winner. When we send our kids off to school we want them to be around a teacher that teaches them and cares for them. You can say the same football, and there may not be a better coach than Rush Propst.
Wow, we have Propst's public relations person here to defend him, what a treat.

Advertisement
I seriously doubt extra-marital affairs are uncommon in coaching. It doesn't make what Rush did right, but is also doesn't make him different than many other countries. Rush's affair was not with a co-worker or minor and he lost his job at Hoover over it. The main paid his price and my outward appearance has been a good husband to his current wife.

Everyone knows Rush is behind on his taxes due to the smear campaign ran by Colquitt County schools. Rush has not been charged with any tax crime and all accounts is cooperating with the IRS.

The allegations is that he provided over-the-counter pain meds to his players. These are the same meds that exist in every companies break room first aide kit. I know many of the humors were that he was providing oxy or roids but those were just rumors.

Yeah, Rush shouldn't have headbutted a player wearing a helmet, but this isn't something that players don't do to each other. Meanwhile in "Year of the Bull" you have a coach wrestling players and another coach slapping players helmets in the shower.

The fact is that Rush has worked for 40 years to get the best out of his players. He is given hundreds of kids the opportunity to get a free education and has taught my more of the hard sacrifices required to be a winner. When we send our kids off to school we want them to be around a teacher that teaches them and cares for them. You can say the same football, and there may not be a better coach than Rush Propst.

So after reading this, I googled "Rush Propst Fan Club" and was surprised not to get any hits.
Weird.

Canedog has know issue with Propst head butting players with helmets on. Erk Russel was well known four that at Georgia. He was a great coach and a great mane. Canedog does knot approve of other aspects of things Propst has done. That said he will win at Valdosta butt that is knot the only goal of playing sports.

He's a scumbag who is a great coach. He lost his Georgia teaching certificate and lost his job at Colquitt County because of it. He's allegedly had issues at Hoover and CC as far as how he acts in the school, forget the outside stuff.

Somebody in this thread that Valdosta hiring Propst is a indication that they're tired of losing, which makes no sense. They won a state title in 2016 and had one losing season between then and now. They may not be nationally what they once were, but they also have to deal with Lowndes across town who is also elite in Georgia.

Propst is HS Urban Meyer, for better or worse, and possibly much worse. I guarantee he will leave Valdosta, whenever that is, under shady circustances.
Say what you want about urban, but he can evaluate QBs like no other, and stacks talent better than anyone save jimmy and nick in my lifetime.

Say what you want about urban, but he can evaluate QBs like no other, and stacks talent better than anyone save jimmy and nick in my lifetime.
Just like I said about Propst, I'll say about Meyer: he's a scumbag who's a great coach.

Advertisement
Big move for Valdosta, that region has 4-star talent all over, Rush is successful program builder, so he'll definitely have them winning state titles on a regular basis.

Valdosta already is one of the best schools in Georgia, but with Rush that should put them back on the same level as schools like Marietta, Lowndes, Colquitt, Lee County, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Buford, Harrison & McEachern as the very best.

I know Saban was close to hiring him at Bama before the Hoover scandal, but I've always wondered what SEC coaches feel about Rush, do they like/respect him or do they simply not care?
Isn't Lowndes in Valdosta? Lowndes wiped Northwestern and Champagnat last season. 1 loss came to Marietta in the finals/semis.

except he didn’t do that.
UNDS
“Based on the evidence provided during the investigation, statements provided show Coach Propst on more than one occasion gave pills to students out of his pocket, in the office area, at halftime and at his truck.” - Colquitt County Schools Superintendent Doug Howell

Advertisement
Lets start from the beginning.

Here is your quote. Notice how you claim Rush was giving out oxy?

Aside from getting these kids on oxy?

My response claims that "he didn't do that", which refers to you saying "Aside from getting these kids on oxy"

Now you end with a quote about him giving out pills, yet it doesn't mention oxy...

UNDS
“Based on the evidence provided during the investigation, statements provided show Coach Propst on more than one occasion gave pills to students out of his pocket, in the office area, at halftime and at his truck.” - Colquitt County Schools Superintendent Doug Howell

If Rush gave oxy he would be in jail and would not have a teaching certificate. From what I read when all this went down is that the only pills he gave out were over the counter and the same type of pills that are found in a typical breakroom medical cabinet.

Advertisement
*can't prove he didn't do that. That whole county soured on him fast after a few questionable incidents. Alot of the most hardcore packer fans even got to the point where his actions were too much. The best way it was ever put to me was theres a reason he liked small southern towns, can't do alot of the thinhs he does where the area doesn't have a vested interest in protecting the program. Hes an amazing coach but even a school as dedicated as Valdosta to winning has alot of bigger donors on edge with this hire

Also still dumbfounds me how you make 6 figures in colquitt county and behind in taxes. I lived comfortable as **** on military paycheck

I’m a fan of great coaching and don’t get jealous when those coaches don’t coach my team.

Rush Propst is a great coach and in a fan of that. I’m also a fan of Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and David Sweeney.

I'm a fan of great human beings and people of character. Especially when they are entrusted with the well-being and development of 14-18 year olds.

Advertisement
Lets start from the beginning.

Here is your quote. Notice how you claim Rush was giving out oxy?

My response claims that "he didn't do that", which refers to you saying "Aside from getting these kids on oxy"

Now you end with a quote about him giving out pills, yet it doesn't mention oxy...

If Rush gave oxy he would be in jail and would not have a teaching certificate. From what I read when all this went down is that the only pills he gave out were over the counter and the same type of pills that are found in a typical breakroom medical cabinet.
Like ibuprofen and Aleve?

Yea, they were loaded. I was a little kid back then. U are a little before my time, tho. I'm actually from Macon. The NS/WR rivalry is king in that area. Didn't realize that there was another Mid. Ga Cane on this board. I used to work/live in WR

Cool. Good to know. Warner Robins is a good town to grow up in. Lots of great sports and lots of great athletes from there and Macon, GA. Glad to live in SFL now tho. I go to all the Hurricanes home games, some away games and always go every other year to the GT game in the ATL. Lived in Atlanta for about 12 years before I moved to SFL, so I have a lot of Cane family still in the ATL.

the only pills he gave out were over the counter and the same type of pills that are found in a typical breakroom medical cabinet.

Which is still wrong because ONLY medical personnel are allowed to administer medication...funny you left that part out.

Which is still wrong because ONLY medical personnel are allowed to administer medication...funny you left that part out.

No, I mentioned that in another post and I was responding to the accusation that he was handing out oxy.

Advertisement
Back