Rush Propst to Valdosta

1586977056097.png

That's where I used to get down on Friday nights under the lights. Pretty nice stadium but 2 high schools use it in the town I grew up in. Too bad they're showing the visiting side stands in this picture. The home side is much more impressive.

Advertisement
Big move for Valdosta, that region has 4-star talent all over, Rush is successful program builder, so he'll definitely have them winning state titles on a regular basis.

Valdosta already is one of the best schools in Georgia, but with Rush that should put them back on the same level as schools like Marietta, Lowndes, Colquitt, Lee County, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Buford, Harrison & McEachern as the very best.

I know Saban was close to hiring him at Bama before the Hoover scandal, but I've always wondered what SEC coaches feel about Rush, do they like/respect him or do they simply not care?

urban Meyer of high school football...not made as was stated wish we get us a guy that wins like him!!

On one hand, this is big news. Rush wins. Valdosta used to win, and they want to win again.

On the other hand, Rush is one of the biggest pieces of **** alive. The article mentions him wanting to be in the lives of his athletes and coach the total person. Coach them on what? How to **** over your wife and children? How to cheat? How to be an awful person.

I'd still hire him.

Advertisement
If you follow high school football then you probably know Rush Propst and you probably know Valdosta.

In case you don't.

Rush Propst
  • 5 State Titles at Hoover, AL
  • 2 State Titles at Colquitt County, GA
  • 1 National Title at Colquitt County, GA
Valdosta
  • 25 Georgia State Titles
  • 6 National Titles
  • Over 900 total wins - most in the country
This is what teams do when they want to win.

Do you have any thoughts on him running a out of control problem at Colquitt County HS. It seems he hasn't changed since his days at Hoover.

Go Canes

Giving pills to kids, head butting kids, changing grades, proven liar, owes IRS 450,000...multiple affairs that yielded at least on kid..
Sounds about right.
Role model

Advertisement
Advertisement
Demon or Eagle? Grad year?
I'm old AF. Eagle. 1982. The same year the Demons were crowned High School National Champs by USA Today. They went 15-0 and beat us 21-14 that year. They called that team the National Champions of 1981 because that's the year we played in, but it was the graduating class of 1982. If I'd of went to WRHS I'd have a big *** rock of a National Championship ring on my finger. The Demons were LOADED that year.

what has Rush done to negatively impact his players?

Having the sort of value system where extra-marital affairs, tax delinquency, and verbal abuse are the norm may negatively impact players who see him as a role model.
Bringing loads personal baggage and bad press/attention to a program probably negatively impacts its players.
Allegedly providing pain pills and "medication" to players could have a negative impact on them.
And a headbutt on the sidelines during a playoff game most likely counts as a negative impact on a player. Literally and figuratively.

Advertisement
The fact that he’s allowed to even be around high school kids is absurd to me, he’s been run out of two different schools in different states because he can’t stay out of trouble

Having the sort of value system where extra-marital affairs, tax delinquency, and verbal abuse are the norm may negatively impact players who see him as a role model.
Bringing loads personal baggage and bad press/attention to a program probably negatively impacts its players.
Allegedly providing pain pills and "medication" to players could have a negative impact on them.
And a headbutt on the sidelines during a playoff game most likely counts as a negative impact on a player. Literally and figuratively.

I seriously doubt extra-marital affairs are uncommon in coaching. It doesn't make what Rush did right, but is also doesn't make him different than many other countries. Rush's affair was not with a co-worker or minor and he lost his job at Hoover over it. The main paid his price and my outward appearance has been a good husband to his current wife.

Everyone knows Rush is behind on his taxes due to the smear campaign ran by Colquitt County schools. Rush has not been charged with any tax crime and all accounts is cooperating with the IRS.

The allegations is that he provided over-the-counter pain meds to his players. These are the same meds that exist in every companies break room first aide kit. I know many of the humors were that he was providing oxy or roids but those were just rumors.

Yeah, Rush shouldn't have headbutted a player wearing a helmet, but this isn't something that players don't do to each other. Meanwhile in "Year of the Bull" you have a coach wrestling players and another coach slapping players helmets in the shower.

The fact is that Rush has worked for 40 years to get the best out of his players. He is given hundreds of kids the opportunity to get a free education and has taught my more of the hard sacrifices required to be a winner. When we send our kids off to school we want them to be around a teacher that teaches them and cares for them. You can say the same football, and there may not be a better coach than Rush Propst.

I'm old AF. Eagle. 1982. The same year the Demons were crowned High School National Champs by USA Today. They went 15-0 and beat us 21-14 that year. They called that team the National Champions of 1981 because that's the year we played in, but it was the graduating class of 1982. If I'd of went to WRHS I'd have a big *** rock of a National Championship ring on my finger. The Demons were LOADED that year.
Yea, they were loaded. I was a little kid back then. U are a little before my time, tho. I'm actually from Macon. The NS/WR rivalry is king in that area. Didn't realize that there was another Mid. Ga Cane on this board. I used to work/live in WR

Advertisement
Back