Rush Propst Fired...Again.

Nothing impressive to me about a coach building a so called "powerhouse" program when they got one of the biggest budgets in the country, here's an example of what happens to them:

Just keep this in mind, the headcoach at Southlake Highschool was raking in around $400,000 in 2007!

MNW won by 8 points despite being vastly more talent then SLC. I get it, winning is all that matters but the point of a coach is to get more out of your players.

Advertisement
Nothing impressive to me about a coach building a so called "powerhouse" program when they got one of the biggest budgets in the country, here's an example of what happens to them:

Just keep this in mind, the headcoach at Southlake Highschool was raking in around $400,000 in 2007!

I'm a MNW alumni, I actually went to school with most of the players on that squad, you don't have to convince me of anything. I never said he was better than any team from South Fla or he would beat us, I just said for what he's done on his resume he's been a good HS coach down in Georgia & Bama.

They were over the counter pills (Aleve). The reasons have been released, it was pills, back taxes, and a bunch of other bs reasons.

Love how the community reacted to the board.

Those stupid *** country mfr’s. They won’t win **** without him. They weren’t **** before he got there. It’s some personal **** more than some bs pills. I’m not a Probst fan but he was better than what they ever had. Just listen to this backwoods *** video of these country *** folks. They are hiding something bigger than pills.

Advertisement
Those stupid *** country mfr’s. They won’t win ** without him. They weren’t ** before he got there. It’s some personal **** more than some bs pills. I’m not a Probst fan but he was better than what they ever had. Just listen to this backwoods *** video of these country *** folks. They are hiding something bigger than pills.

Don't take this the wrong way, but is that not how all Georgia people outside of Atl talk?

Propst is the GA version of Billy Role in the 'Year of the Bull'.

That was Roland Smith in YOTB, not Billy Rolle.

Rolle replaced Smith after Smith got fired for allegedly covering up a statutory rape involving Antwain Easterling.

Smith didn't break the law either, but what He did was still unethical...and like Rolle successfully replacing Smith, Propst will find out that He's easily replaceable, especially when they're paying that type of money.

And SoFla has coaches that "regularly kick off in GA teams azzes", doesn't mean they'll "kill it in Jawjaaaaa!!!".

Besides, we already have SoFla coaches killin' it in SoFla...for pennies on the dollar and no IPFs at that.
Darlington isnt from Georgia...He was at Apopka....

Don't take this the wrong way, but is that not how all Georgia people outside of Atl talk?

My friend you do not have a “clue” how all people in Ga talk. LOL coming from a New Yawker.

Thought the article was interesting though that 45 coaches in state clearing over a hundred grand, probably more than are high school principals.

Advertisement
One thing important to note is Rush has not been charged with a crime. Giving Aleve to a kid is not a crime, just not allowed in school. Rosh didn't play doctor, his team employed doctors, they were known to give gets IV's before and during games.
The article didn’t say it was only Alleve. It specifically mentioned Alleve as a pill he “might have given” to a player.

It mentioned several incidents of him giving out pills and specifically stated that the investigation didn’t reveal exactly what pills he handed out. Further, the report stated that one player appeared dazed and out of it after getting a pill from Pillpst.

Darlington isnt from Georgia...He was at Apopka....

Darlington made the smart move and left Florida a few months ago. OCPS maxes out at $5,300 with 15 years experience and a coaching endorsement. What a joke.

He got a nice pay raise by going to Enterprise Alabama which is about 2 hours NW of Tally. He is going to make $115,000 a year to start. Coaches also make another $20,000 to $30,000 to be involved with the Citys youth recreation league.

The article didn’t say it was only Alleve. It specifically mentioned Alleve as a pill he “might have given” to a player.

It mentioned several incidents of him giving out pills and specifically stated that the investigation didn’t reveal exactly what pills he handed out. Further, the report stated that one player appeared dazed and out of it after getting a pill from Pillpst.

That incident took place 6 years ago. Why is it now a fireable offense? They have no proof he was handing out anything else. It’s March, so the latest incident would have been the after the game anger that happened in early December. It’s obvious that some assistant was angry and went after Propst. CC won’t win without Propst.

Darlington made the smart move and left Florida a few months ago. OCPS maxes out at $5,300 with 15 years experience and a coaching endorsement. What a joke.

He got a nice pay raise by going to Enterprise Alabama which is about 2 hours NW of Tally. He is going to make $115,000 a year to start. Coaches also make another $20,000 to $30,000 to be involved with the Citys youth recreation league.

Those salaries you see don’t include booster club bonuses either. Propst was easily making 200k.

Advertisement
My friend you do not have a “clue” how all people in Ga talk. LOL coming from a New Yawker.

Thought the article was interesting though that 45 coaches in state clearing over a hundred grand, probably more than are high school principals.

Actually usually the principle makes more. That’s why you never hear them complain. Some school systems have a rule stating that the principle is the highest paid employee in the school.

Actually usually the principle makes more. That’s why you never hear them complain. Some school systems have a rule stating that the principle is the highest paid employee in the school.

Can't speak for principles, but not all principals in Georgia earn more than the high school football coach. The average principal salary in Georgia is about $75,000. If not mistaken, 30-plus Georgia football coaches earn more than 100K. Not factored into what coaches earn are additional stipends and booster club bonuses - cash and in some cases a truck or another nice perk. Also fairly common for a head coach not to teach in the classroom.
So it's becoming more like the college model where coaches earn considerably more than presidents and chancellors.

As for Coach Probst, no doubt a great program builder, but the guy is a low-life. He's a power-grabber who eventually wears out his welcome, ****es people off and enjoys an inflated opinion of himself. Not necessarily the kind of person you want around kids: double-life/two families, affairs with school staffers, head butting kids, allegations of grade altering, ethics violations, $400,000-plus owed in back taxes - yeah, penalties accrue, but Coach must have gotten some nice booster bonuses.

Will take former Canes' DL coach Jesse Simpson (Buford) over Probst every day of the week as the guy did a helluva job working with high school kids. Same for Mickey Conn, who left Grayson for Clemson. Or guys like Jeff Herron, Adam Carter, Rocky Hidalgo.

That incident took place 6 years ago. Why is it now a fireable offense? They have no proof he was handing out anything else. It’s March, so the latest incident would have been the after the game anger that happened in early December. It’s obvious that some assistant was angry and went after Propst. CC won’t win without Propst.
I don’t care. I was merely correcting your erroneous characterization of the investigative findings. Pillpst can die or be President of Georgia for all I care.

You can’t be a scumbag and **** too many people off because eventually your number will get called no matter how successful you are. Success usually buys people time. So Pillpst must have done a lot of dirty ****.

Advertisement
I don’t care. I was merely correcting your erroneous characterization of the investigative findings. Pillpst can die or be President of Georgia for all I care.

You can’t be a scumbag and **** too many people off because eventually your number will get called no matter how successful you are. Success usually buys people time. So Pillpst must have done a lot of dirty ****.

There is nothing erroneous about not trying to draw conclusions on speculation.

Here are the reasons cited by the CC BOE in an open records request obtained by the local newspaper. I've inserted comments in RED

• Providing pills “on more than one occasion” to students. None of the documents identifies the type of medication, except for one witness who said the pills he saw “might have been Aleve,” which is an over-the-counter pain killer.
Sure against the rules but no proof it was anything over the counter. Meanwhile, the local Taco Bell manager who has half the education as Propst is perfectly fine with handing out Aleve. (would be in any medicine cabinet)

• Owing $301,317 in federal income taxes and $143,000 in delinquent state taxes.
A non-issue, he is paying through garnishments and has not been charged with any crime.

• Interfering in the hiring of Jamie Dixon as the Colquitt County High School principal.
He set up a meeting with Dixon at Starbucks. The report does not indicate what Propst tried to accomplish from the meeting. Perhaps he was excited about the hire and had an idea he wanted to share or perhaps he wanted to let him know who really ran the school. Either way it was bad judgment but hardly fireable.

• Insubordination.
They cite Rush yelling at an administrator. Do they fire all employees that get upset? What did he refuse to do? Why not fire him on the spot? Just another BS excuse.

• Attempting to charge $143.66 for a personal hotel stay to the school system.
That is a pretty cheap Marriott in Atlanta. Perhaps Rush was there to meet about some players and thought he could expense the room. I use to work in the office supplies sector and you would be surprised about how much money is wasted by school systems. $143 over 10 years isn't some scheme to steal money, it is a mistake.

• Interfering with another sport.
He told some changes that he didn't want football players playing whatever sport they coached. There needs to be more context to this. I have never heard of a football coach that did not want his players running track. Propst wasn't some backwoods triple option guy, he was a student of the game.

• Problems associated with the 2018 football team and especially conduct at the end of the championship game loss to Milton.
The team just lost their second state championship in a row, they were upset. Every year a losing team starts some type of incident. The year before WR started a fight after their loss to Rome.

None of these incidents were firable at the time. If anything the BOE decided to fire him over the combination of them all and they have that right. The next coach that takes over for Propst isn't going to get 140 college scholarships over 10 years. The fact is they don't have that type of talent in CC. The skill was built by Propst and his staff. It is very obvious that he ****ed of the wrong person and that is why he was fired.

There is nothing erroneous about not trying to draw conclusions on speculation.

Here are the reasons cited by the CC BOE in an open records request obtained by the local newspaper. I've inserted comments in RED

• Providing pills “on more than one occasion” to students. None of the documents identifies the type of medication, except for one witness who said the pills he saw “might have been Aleve,” which is an over-the-counter pain killer.
Sure against the rules but no proof it was anything over the counter. Meanwhile, the local Taco Bell manager who has half the education as Propst is perfectly fine with handing out Aleve. (would be in any medicine cabinet)

• Owing $301,317 in federal income taxes and $143,000 in delinquent state taxes.
A non-issue, he is paying through garnishments and has not been charged with any crime.

• Interfering in the hiring of Jamie Dixon as the Colquitt County High School principal.
He set up a meeting with Dixon at Starbucks. The report does not indicate what Propst tried to accomplish from the meeting. Perhaps he was excited about the hire and had an idea he wanted to share or perhaps he wanted to let him know who really ran the school. Either way it was bad judgment but hardly fireable.

• Insubordination.
They cite Rush yelling at an administrator. Do they fire all employees that get upset? What did he refuse to do? Why not fire him on the spot? Just another BS excuse.

• Attempting to charge $143.66 for a personal hotel stay to the school system.
That is a pretty cheap Marriott in Atlanta. Perhaps Rush was there to meet about some players and thought he could expense the room. I use to work in the office supplies sector and you would be surprised about how much money is wasted by school systems. $143 over 10 years isn't some scheme to steal money, it is a mistake.

• Interfering with another sport.
He told some changes that he didn't want football players playing whatever sport they coached. There needs to be more context to this. I have never heard of a football coach that did not want his players running track. Propst wasn't some backwoods triple option guy, he was a student of the game.

• Problems associated with the 2018 football team and especially conduct at the end of the championship game loss to Milton.
The team just lost their second state championship in a row, they were upset. Every year a losing team starts some type of incident. The year before WR started a fight after their loss to Rome.

None of these incidents were firable at the time. If anything the BOE decided to fire him over the combination of them all and they have that right. The next coach that takes over for Propst isn't going to get 140 college scholarships over 10 years. The fact is they don't have that type of talent in CC. The skill was built by Propst and his staff. It is very obvious that he ****ed of the wrong person and that is why he was fired.

Intrigued by your on-going, spirited defense of Coach Propst. ****, you make him sound like the second coming of Knute Rockne. He's nothing more than a good football coach with an over-inflated opinion of himself. And not sure what makes you qualified to judge went on in Moultrie and Hoover before that. Or to determine what is or isn't a fireable offense.

TIFWIW, but word on the street up here in Jawja, was that some of those pills he was dishing out was some strong prescription pain meds. Which would explain why one of the kids in the report was acting lethargic in a game after he had a halftime visit with Propst. There are also rumors that some of those “probably aleve” pills, were actually PED’s. Some people around Moultrie, are saying that he was giving them to players as “vitamins” or nutritional supplements. It had to be something more serious than aleve for all of the school board members to vote against him, while support for him from the community still remain strong. It just don’t add up. It’s something that they’re not telling. They must have something on him that they are not telling. Maybe he was dipping his pen in company ink, so to speak. IDK. But Yes, he is a good football coach, and a piece of **** for a human being.

Intrigued by your on-going, spirited defense of Coach Propst. ****, you make him sound like the second coming of Knute Rockne. He's nothing more than a good football coach with an over-inflated opinion of himself. And not sure what makes you qualified to judge went on in Moultrie and Hoover before that. Or to determine what is or isn't a fireable offense.

He is a nationally known coach, with seven state championships and a national championship across two states. There are clear drawbacks to hiring a guy with the personality of Propst. In fact, there is no way he ends up at CC if his personality matched someone like Simpson. He would probably be a head coach in college. Saban tried to hire him years ago but then Saban heard about the second family.

As far as qualifications to judge what went on in Moultrie, I think you have to look at the report. Look at each accusation on its own and determine how bad it really is. There are two sides to every story and we haven't heard Propst's.

Advertisement
Back