Rush Propst Fired...Again.

Advertisement
Probably the greatest high school football coach in the country. A list of coaches that coached under Propst is Jeremy Pruitt, Chip Lindsey, and John Grass. Propst once turned down a job to coach at Auburn because it would be a pay cut. Propst turned Colquitt County in a national power in football after winning 2 state titles and a national title.

Many of the accusations against Propst are years old, which suggest this firing was probably motivated by something else. It will be interesting to see who Colquitt goes after next. They have money (Propst made $141k) and facilities. (120-yard IPF). The only negative is Colquitt County is in the middle of nowhere which makes transferring there difficult.

I would fully support a Diaz hire of Propst!

Probably the greatest high school football coach in the country. A list of coaches that coached under Propst is Jeremy Pruitt, Chip Lindsey, and John Grass. Propst once turned down a job to coach at Auburn because it would be a pay cut. Propst turned Colquitt County in a national power in football after winning 2 state titles and a national title.

Many of the accusations against Propst are years old, which suggest this firing was probably motivated by something else. It will be interesting to see who Colquitt goes after next. They have money (Propst made $141k) and facilities. (120-yard IPF). The only negative is Colquitt County is in the middle of nowhere which makes transferring there difficult.

He's definitely a great coach & absolutely built Hoover & Colquitt into powerhouse schools, no doubt he's one of the best HS coaches in recent memory with 7 state titles to his name.

But I don't think he would he fit in down in Miami, he's a psycho control freak with an insanely large ego & his act really only works on the HS level.

He's never coached College in his entire 30 year coaching career, he's special made to be a HS coach that can motivate the youngins & get the most out of'em with his fiery style.

Advertisement
He's definitely a great coach & absolutely built Hoover & Colquitt into powerhouse schools, no doubt he's one of the best HS coaches in recent memory with 7 state titles to his name.

But I don't think he would he fit in down in Miami, he's a psycho control freak with an insanely large ego & his act really only works on the HS level.

He's never coached College in his entire 30 year coaching career, he's special made to be a HS coach that can motivate the youngins & get the most out of'em with his fiery style.

I would PAY to have Propst infiltrate the Dade County high school football scene though. I'd say it might create another SEC pipeline but the drama and theatrics before he was shot dead collecting a bribe or paying off some kid's family in the parking lot of a Snappers would be all worth it.

I can see Propst eventually replacing Hugh Freeze at Liberty University.

Draw your own political and religious commentary/conclusions but it would also be ALMOST as funny/ironic as him infiltrating South Florida high school football.

I would PAY to have Propst infiltrate the Dade County high school football scene though. I'd say it might create another SEC pipeline but the drama and theatrics before he was shot dead collecting a bribe or paying off some kid's family in the parking lot of a Snappers would be all worth it.

Imagine how many families he could have in Miami? He was rocking two in these small hick towns.

Advertisement
That would be a reality show all by itself, seein Rush have to deal with the street agents of South Fla lol!

But he's a down south country boy if he keeps coaching he'll probably get another job at a HS in Georgia or Alabama.

Don’t think he’d make it through spring practice without getting pooped by one of the players when he jumped up in one of their faces with his maniacal ego...
If JT got into it with Dugans he’d be in a daily brawl with Propst

Advertisement
That would be a reality show all by itself, seein Rush have to deal with the street agents of South Fla lol!

But he's a down south country boy if he keeps coaching he'll probably get another job at a HS in Georgia or Alabama.

Rush would have no problem with street agents. He could turn Coral Park in a national power, he is that good.

Rush would have no problem with street agents. He could turn Coral Park in a national power, he is that good.

Andrew with the way these S Fla divas need/want/have to be coddled at times I doubt that being an outsider , no matter his record ,he’d be able to get away with treating players and asst. coaches the way it seems he does.

I may be wrong but I just don’t think his “ in your face” type ego would work in S Fla.

I may be wrong and maybe at one of the private schools it’d work but not in most situations...jmo

Advertisement
Andrew with the way these S Fla divas need/want/have to be coddled at times I doubt that being an outsider , no matter his record ,he’d be able to get away with treating players and asst. coaches the way it seems he does.

I may be wrong but I just don’t think his “ in your face” type ego would work in S Fla.

I may be wrong and maybe at one of the private schools it’d work but not in most situations...jmo

If I understand South Florida football the kids and coaches like to win. Winning is why they transfer and why coaches coach for peanuts. Rush Propst is a proven winner and he would attract kids and coaches that want to win. Propst would get every ounce of talent out of kids he coaches.

Rumor has it pills are involved. We shall see. Regarding Colquitt County's location, there's enough talent in south ga for them to thrive without having to have kids transfer in from far away.

Rumor has it pills are involved. We shall see. Regarding Colquitt County's location, there's enough talent in south ga for them to thrive without having to have kids transfer in from far away.

They were over the counter pills (Aleve). The reasons have been released, it was pills, back taxes, and a bunch of other bs reasons.

Love how the community reacted to the board.

If I understand South Florida football the kids and coaches like to win. Winning is why they transfer and why coaches coach for peanuts. Rush Propst is a proven winner and he would attract kids and coaches that want to win. Propst would get every ounce of talent out of kids he coaches.

No doubt he’s a winner but with as many choices as you have in S Fla to win I’m not sure kids would stay with him when they could go up the street and still win w/o be coached in that way.

But saying that my stepdad coached similar to that as a HS baseball coach and football coach ( not the pill stuff or the financial stuff,just the tough love type coaching) and he was coach of the year in both Fla. And Texas in baseball and his players loved him albeit in Key West and Dumas Texas 2 places where kids couldn’t just pick up and transfer to another school.

Kids came from hundreds of miles away when he passed away.We always talked about if he’d have been able to coach in these times when you can get arrested for looking cross eyed at a kid( being sarcastic if you didn’t know).He wasn’t so sure he’d of been as successful.

Advertisement
Back