Rush Propst Fired...Again.

Nick Saban will find an analyst position for him and his back taxes will be wiped away by a Bama booster....

Advertisement
Wouldn’t last a week in the south Florida high school scene before he got a serious dose of hands...or worse.

That super southern fried, spittling in your face, grab ‘em by the facemask and jerk ‘em around, delivered with a southern hick accent and demeanor, doesn’t fly in south Florida.
That was my high school coach years ago, the late Eddie Feely.

Probably the greatest high school football coach in the country. A list of coaches that coached under Propst is Jeremy Pruitt, Chip Lindsey, and John Grass. Propst once turned down a job to coach at Auburn because it would be a pay cut. Propst turned Colquitt County in a national power in football after winning 2 state titles and a national title.

Many of the accusations against Propst are years old, which suggest this firing was probably motivated by something else. It will be interesting to see who Colquitt goes after next. They have money (Propst made $141k) and facilities. (120-yard IPF). The only negative is Colquitt County is in the middle of nowhere which makes transferring there difficult.

I would fully support a Diaz hire of Propst!

**** I’m in the wrong profession.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For those who don’t know, there are county high schools in a South Georgia. Moultrie is literally closed on Fridays when Colquitt County plays, no pro teams, no colleges, no night life. Brand new school renovation. Artificial turf. Crazy weight room I believe at a middle school. Money supplied to that program via booster club and whomever else has to be crazy.

Advertisement
For those who don’t know, there are county high schools in a South Georgia. Moultrie is literally closed on Fridays when Colquitt County plays, no pro teams, no colleges, no night life. Brand new school renovation. Artificial turf. Crazy weight room I believe at a middle school. Money supplied to that program via booster club and whomever else has to be crazy.
We do have night life here! It’s not Atlanta night life but it get’s wild out here haha

Wouldn’t last a week in the south Florida high school scene before he got a serious dose of hands...or worse.

That super southern fried, spittling in your face, grab ‘em by the facemask and jerk ‘em around, delivered with a southern hick accent and demeanor, doesn’t fly in south Florida.

LOL...Him & that bozo from Apopka that some on here say "would kill it in SoFlaaaaaa!!!!"

Advertisement
Should be interesting. Colquitt should get ole boy from Lee County or perhaps Jeff Herron from TL Hanna. Frank Stevens would have been a good choice, but he just went to McEachern. I don't think Sean Calhoun or John Reid would leave their schools, both are high paid and either has or will have IPF's soon. Maybe steal a coach out of Alabama again.
I’ve heard nothing official, but I live about 20 minutes from Moultrie and everyone that I’ve heard speak of replacements has mentioned the Lee County coach. Again, nothing official, just who I’m hearing the locals chatter about (when they’re not busy *****ing about Propst firing).

Advertisement
He's definitely a great coach & absolutely built Hoover & Colquitt into powerhouse schools, no doubt he's one of the best HS coaches in recent memory with 7 state titles to his name.

But I don't think he would he fit in down in Miami, he's a psycho control freak with an insanely large ego & his act really only works on the HS level,
He's never coached College in his entire 30 year coaching career, he's special made to be a HS coach that can motivate the youngins & get the most out of'em with his fiery style.

Nothing impressive to me about a coach building a so called "powerhouse" program when they got one of the biggest budgets in the country, here's an example of what happens to them:

Just keep this in mind, the headcoach at Southlake Highschool was raking in around $400,000 in 2007!

If your referring to Rick Darlington, Dude regularly kicked off in Dade teams azzes..

And SoFla has coaches that "regularly kick off in GA teams azzes", doesn't mean they'll "kill it in Jawjaaaaa!!!".

Besides, we already have SoFla coaches killin' it in SoFla...for pennies on the dollar and no IPFs at that.

I get it, there kids, and he shouldn't be giving out pills. That being said these kids could have got the same medicine from a breakroom medicine cabinet at the local Taco Bell. Again no charges against him for committing any crime. He made mistakes but it is obvious someone wanted him out. It is a shame for their football program. I know they will hire a good coach but there is only one Rush Propst and Colquitt was able to hire him due to his situation at Hoover.
Drew....there are these little things we call ethical guidelines. But hey who cares about those right? As long as he does not brake the law.

I can develop a number of speculations from your posts on this but I wont bother to digress.

Drew....there are these little things we call ethical guidelines. But hey who cares about those right? As long as he does not brake the law.

I can develop a number of speculations from your posts on this but I wont bother to digress.

The difference between Propst and Saban is Saban has a better accountant. Propst is the GA version of Billy Role in the 'Year of the Bull'.

Propst has not been accused of any crimes that I am aware of. He has molded dozens of players into college athletes who otherwise would not have had the talent. There is a lot that can be said about Propst but he is one **** of a football coach and is not a criminal.

Since opening CIS in 2011 I have heard about how brutal SFLA football is. I have heard about handlers and bribes from college coaches. If you think Rush Propst has worst ethics then these SFLA coaches and handlers then I can't help you,

Advertisement
Back