Rumours about Chip Kelly to UF

Funny now Chip's offense is a gimmick now when he was behind Butch Davis as the guy everyone wanted on this site.

"Chip Kelly's offense with South Florida speed would be impossible to stop. Miami would win multiple national titles." - Miami Fans, November 2015.

"Chip Kelly's offense at Florida would get killed by SEC defenses." - Miami Fans, November 2017
I expect him to do very well at UF. His access to talent is going to significantly improve over what he had at Oregon. Don't know why people suddenly think Chip is not very good.

1. Chip runs a dirty college program
2. Chip failed in Philly
3. Chip failed in Frisco
4. **** deserve him

Advertisement
Funny now Chip's offense is a gimmick now when he was behind Butch Davis as the guy everyone wanted on this site.

"Chip Kelly's offense with South Florida speed would be impossible to stop. Miami would win multiple national titles." - Miami Fans, November 2015.

"Chip Kelly's offense at Florida would get killed by SEC defenses." - Miami Fans, November 2017
I expect him to do very well at UF. His access to talent is going to significantly improve over what he had at Oregon. Don't know why people suddenly think Chip is not very good.

1. Chip runs a dirty college program
2. Chip failed in Philly
3. Chip failed in Frisco
4. **** deserve him

Butch Davis was your choice to replace Golden, right?

Last time it was Chip, or Gruden, or Harbaugh, Saban.....and they ended up with McEltooth

Dont believe the hype.

What did Chip add to Oregon's trophy case?

View attachment 54073

3 conference championships in 4 years, won a Rose Bowl and a Fiesta Bowl and went to a National Title game.

Pretty much a better resume than any head coach in the NCAA not named Saban, Dabo or Meyer.

Look at Larry Coker's first 4 years at Miami.

Look at Dennis Erickson's first 4 years at Miami.

Stop it with this "Chip Kelly is God" idiocy.

He's a guy who had a very good and very lucky first 4 years before the NCAA closed him down.

That is all.

Advertisement
LOL at folks nut swinging off the Kelly/UF scenario.
Not even 48 hours after one of our biggest wins in 16 years.
It sure didn't take long.
Take that stuff to uf-ag board.

I'm pretty sure the only people who didn't want Chip Kelly to be the Miami coach in 2015 were the die-hard Butch Davis fans.

I'll give y'all credit ... Y'all were anti-Chip Kelly.

But everybody else, for the most part, was all aboard the "Oregon offense with South Florida speed" train.

Untrue.

First, you ignore the Richt supporters. They, also, did not want Chip Kelly.

Second, you ignore the Mike Leach supporters. They, also, did not want Chip Kelly.

I could do this a few more times, but with other names.

So, yeah, the Chip Kelly supporters wanted Chip Kelly. That's about it.

View attachment 54073
You all sound like such clowns. The guy is a legit coach and took Oregon to a NC game and the team he built went to another the year he left. I believe there are 4 active National Championship winning coaches.

And you can ask the same question about Richt at UGA. Stop being stupid.

Advertisement
It would be interesting to see if he could get away with the stuff he did at Oregon at Florida.
Remember Richt said that the SEC would not allow him to speed things up to the point where he could not implement his ideal Fast break offense at UGA. Maybe Kelly would have similar issues.

Yes please! He may grab a few recruits the first year or so, but after that when they aren’t winning cause his defense is beaten into the ground all the shine will be gone. He can’t run that tempo and then have his D being pounded by the running style of the $ec

Advertisement
It would be interesting to see if he could get away with the stuff he did at Oregon at Florida.
Remember Richt said that the SEC would not allow him to speed things up to the point where he could not implement his ideal Fast break offense at UGA. Maybe Kelly would have similar issues.

Good point. Nick Saban will just pull some strings with SEC and keep Chip from running his offense.

Chip Kelly is a good coach and would have access to better players in Florida. I'd see them being good almost every season with him. I'm not scared though because we're about to shut the door on this state.

However, this just takes us back to the era where the national championship went through the three teams in Florida. We'll be big brother as normal.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure the only people who didn't want Chip Kelly to be the Miami coach in 2015 were the die-hard Butch Davis fans.

But everybody else, for the most part, was all aboard the "Oregon offense with South Florida speed" train.

Untrue.

Second, you ignore the Mike Leach supporters. They, also, did not want Chip Kelly.

Your memory of the threads immediately after Golden was fired is inaccurate.

It was Butch Davis, Chip Kelly, and then everyone else FAR behind them. Leach was in the Cristobal group that most folks didn't want.

I was one of the very few EARLY Richt supporters on this board!

Nobody knew UGA was gonna fire Richt. And the only reason Richt was brought up was because Kelly was getting so much hype, and another poster threw Richt out as another long-shot.

A bunch of folks didn't like that idea because Richt "underachieved at UGA", "couldn't win the big one", and "lost too many times to Florida, their chief rival".

Trust me on this ... Or, don't and just search "Chip Kelly Threads" or, the Richt threads from 2015 ...

Untrue.

It was Butch Davis, Chip Kelly, and then everyone else FAR behind them. Leach was in the Cristobal group that most folks didn't want.

Nobody knew UGA was gonna fire Richt. And the only reason Richt was brought up was because Kelly was getting so much hype, and another poster threw Richt out as another long-shot.

A bunch of folks didn't like that idea because Richt "underachieved at UGA", "couldn't win the big one", and "lost too many times to Florida, their chief rival".

Trust me on this ... Or, don't and just search "Chip Kelly Threads" or, the Richt threads from 2015 ...

Again, Chip Kelly supporters wanted Chip Kelly. Even Chip Kelly didn't want to come back to college football. Not to mention the obvious issue that he wasn't even available. We hired Richt at the beginning of December and Kelly was fired at the end of December.

Oh, but sure, if you want to get credit for all of the INCREDIBLY plausible "let's get Chip Kelly" threads a month before he is even available and when he doesn't want to leave the NFL, knock yourself out.

****, I'm going to go start a "Nick Saban to UM thread", because I want to make it look like I am so smart about who we should pursue as our head coach.

Give me a break, the same dopes who are currently blowing Chip are the same dopes who have always blown Chip.

View attachment 54073

3 conference championships in 4 years, won a Rose Bowl and a Fiesta Bowl and went to a National Title game.

Pretty much a better resume than any head coach in the NCAA not named Saban, Dabo or Meyer.

Look at Larry Coker's first 4 years at Miami.

Look at Dennis Erickson's first 4 years at Miami.

Stop it with this "Chip Kelly is God" idiocy.

He's a guy who had a very good and very lucky first 4 years before the NCAA closed him down.

That is all.

Forgot Chip was left with championship teams. Great comparison

Untrue.

Again, Chip Kelly supporters wanted Chip Kelly. Even Chip Kelly didn't want to come back to college football. Not to mention the obvious issue that he wasn't even available. We hired Richt at the beginning of December and Kelly was fired at the end of December.

Oh, but sure, if you want to get credit for all of the INCREDIBLY plausible "let's get Chip Kelly" threads a month before he is even available and when he doesn't want to leave the NFL, knock yourself out.

****, I'm going to go start a "Nick Saban to UM thread", because I want to make it look like I am so smart about who we should pursue as our head coach.

Give me a break, the same dopes who are currently blowing Chip are the same dopes who have always blown Chip.

You're obviously holding on to your position that posters on this board weren't salivating at the idea of Chip Kelly implementing the Oregon offense at Miami, and aren't open to changing your mind.

We just remember it differently. All good.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back