Rumours about Chip Kelly to UF

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn (physical SEC school) RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC. I remember allt he talk leading up to that game was how Auburn was gonna overpower them, and nothing of the sort happened.

They scored 40+ points ten times that year. Against Auburn they scored 19. And that Auburn team wasn't known for its defense.

Yup, Auburn's defense was pretty bad. 25 ppg and 28 in SEC play.

Advertisement
What he did at Oregon was special but College football has caught up to what he did there. His offense isn't at rare as it was in 2009. I believe he was also in early on how big S/C and nutrition was. He doesn't get along with Admin/Management very well and he doesn't like to recruit.

I can't imagine a high profile coach wanting that job when they let Spurrier hang around the building and have Jeremy Foley still basically running the entire AD even though he's just the AD emeritus.

Toxic environment from the top down. I can't see a guy like Chip Kelly who always wanted total autonomy to agree to live in that world.

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC.

True, but I think he had a much better team than Auburn that year

Auburn wasnt that good. They won a championship with 2 dominate players.

Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.

The more you know...

Didnt even take notice. Just went with what the phone put out there. Everybody knows what i was saying.

Advertisement
I think this is a "controlled leak" to reduce the cost of hiring Frost. UF is not going to hire a West Coast guy who is rumored to well, err, allegedly, not like dating women.

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn (physical SEC school) RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC. I remember allt he talk leading up to that game was how Auburn was gonna overpower them, and nothing of the sort happened.

They scored 40+ points ten times that year. Against Auburn they scored 19. And that Auburn team wasn't known for its defense.

Solid point. But I'm still not sure it was a result of them being overpowered or out manned. It was just a sloppy game overall. Cam wasn't particularly good either. Thomas lit Aub up for almost 400, tho (think he threw 2 picks tho).

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC.

The more you know...

Didnt even take notice. Just went with what the phone put out there. Everybody knows what i was saying.

The phone didn't do that. Just be honest.

Why hire Chip Kelly, when you can get the same offense from a younger guy who's more willing to recruit in Scott Frost?

Advertisement
Dan Mullen. I’m 95% sure.

Only if Mullen turns them down will he not be their next HC.

Looking at the entirety of the situation, Florida’s history, current personalities involved, and the fact that they are on the highest level of risk aversion mode having a relatively new AD with all kinds of eyes on him, including Foley who’s still hanging around, that’s my prediction. I’m feeling pretty confident about it.

Remember they’re currently very risk-averse.

i stay up here in gaysville his wife doesnt want him to leave, says she really hates gator fans!

Chip Kelly was 46-7 in his first 4 years.

Larry Coker was 44-6 in his first 4 years.

The more you know...

The phone didn't do that. Just be honest.

I know how to spell. The word came up before i finished typing and i didnt pay attention to it and just left it. Get off my nutz.

What he did at Oregon was special but College football has caught up to what he did there. His offense isn't at rare as it was in 2009. I believe he was also in early on how big S/C and nutrition was. He doesn't get along with Admin/Management very well and he doesn't like to recruit.

UCF leads the nation in scoring running that offense. Granted the AAC isn't a power 5 conference but the Oregon spread is hardly the wishbone. Kelly struggled against the powerhouse SEC schools for one reason. They were out talented on the lines. Oregon just didn't have the horses in the trenches.

Advertisement

If not for a BS penalty, Larry Coker would have won TWO National Championships.

Doesn't make him a great coach.

FIFY

UCF leads the nation in scoring running that offense. Granted the AAC isn't a power 5 conference but the Oregon spread is hardly the wishbone. Kelly struggled against the powerhouse SEC schools for one reason. They were out talented on the lines. Oregon just didn't have the horses in the trenches.

There's a reason why that stuff works in the Pac 12 and AAC and Big 12 but not many other places.

Just to add to my previous point (PAC 12 weakness), this was Oregon's competition the year they played Auburn for the title:

Arizona State (5-7)
USC (8-5)
UCLA (4-8)
Stanford (12-1)
Washington State (2-10)
Oregon State (4-8)
Arizona (7-6)
California (5-7)
Washington (7-6)

Some of these programs were at their worst and the coaching was terrible: Neuheisel (UCLA), Kiffen (USC), Sarkisian (Washington/USC), Stoops (Arizona), etc

Advertisement

There's a reason why that stuff works in the Pac 12 and AAC and Big 12 but not many other places.

The Jimmys and Joes make a big difference too.

Advertisement
Back