Rumours about Chip Kelly to UF

Advertisement
Dan Mullen. I’m 95% sure.

Only if Mullen turns them down will he not be their next HC.

Looking at the entirety of the situation, Florida’s history, current personalities involved, and the fact that they are on the highest level of risk aversion mode having a relatively new AD with all kinds of eyes on him, including Foley who’s still hanging around, that’s my prediction. I’m feeling pretty confident about it.

Remember they’re currently very risk-averse.

i stay up here in gaysville his wife doesnt want him to leave, says she really hates gator fans!

May be true or not.

But I seriously doubt that’s going to stop him with the right kind of offer.

I’m still sticking to my prediction. Makes the most sense to me when I look at the entire picture.

Good, let Florida overpay for Chip Kelly. Hope it rivals Saban's per year and his buyout is huge.

I'd be surprised if that even happened. I can't see that guy going back to begging 17/18 year olds to come play for him. Rumor was that's one reason he left Oregon was he hated recruiting.

same with Mark H... takes a lot of pride swallowing to beg a 18 year old.

Advertisement
Kelly is good but the Gator stink will destroy him too, they are losers and always have been. As for them being our rivals, they would have to play us for that to be true.

What he did at Oregon was special but College football has caught up to what he did there. His offense isn't at rare as it was in 2009. I believe he was also in early on how big S/C and nutrition was. He doesn't get along with Admin/Management very well and he doesn't like to recruit.

UCF leads the nation in scoring running that offense. Granted the AAC isn't a power 5 conference but the Oregon spread is hardly the wishbone. Kelly struggled against the powerhouse SEC schools for one reason. They were out talented on the lines. Oregon just didn't have the horses in the trenches.

AAC is the best non-P5 conference, but it's still the AAC. I would have liked to see their offense against GT, but that game was cancelled. They scored against Maryland, but MD is trash, and they did put up their most points against FCS Austin Peay (73) FIU (61), 2-8 ECU (63) and 3-7 Cincy (51). Their offense is still good, but some perspective.

Please let this be true and if randy is the d-coordinator it would cement them as a bottom tier team for another 4 years. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results. If randy stays to save the recruiting class how does that change their defense?

Mcshark****er and chip kelly are virtually the same person except chip kelly has already committed ncaa infractions. A west coast boring old man who hates recruiting. Bring that gimmick **** down to play real defenses on a regular basis and they will lose multiple games every year. Once again this is a home run hire for Miami.

Let’s not throw out his lack of success in the nfl. His inability to dea with and control egos(most Florida kids). If you are an 18 year old do you want to want to play for Mr. Wilson from Dennis the mennis and radio or play for Richt the hurricane Jesus and the turnover chain. Pretty easy decaion whichnone resonates with south Florida kids better.

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn (physical SEC school) RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC. I remember allt he talk leading up to that game was how Auburn was gonna overpower them, and nothing of the sort happened.

They scored 40+ points ten times that year. Against Auburn they scored 19. And that Auburn team wasn't known for its defense.
That soft ball Chip defense also held auburn to 20 points.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny now Chip's offense is a gimmick now when he was behind Butch Davis as the guy everyone wanted on this site.

In a way I hope it is Chip means we get everyone in sfla, ni99a will battle FIU for recruits or USF and UCF..............guy can t recruit at all. Hes a great college play caller though think Louisville. I never wanted Chip because of the recruiting weakness.....u cant win big like that especially at UM.....u have to be able to recruit

Funny now Chip's offense is a gimmick now when he was behind Butch Davis as the guy everyone wanted on this site.

"Chip Kelly's offense with South Florida speed would be impossible to stop. Miami would win multiple national titles." - Miami Fans, November 2015.

"Chip Kelly's offense at Florida would get killed by SEC defenses." - Miami Fans, November 2017

What he did at Oregon was special but College football has caught up to what he did there. His offense isn't at rare as it was in 2009. I believe he was also in early on how big S/C and nutrition was. He doesn't get along with Admin/Management very well and he doesn't like to recruit.

UCF leads the nation in scoring running that offense. Granted the AAC isn't a power 5 conference but the Oregon spread is hardly the wishbone. Kelly struggled against the powerhouse SEC schools for one reason. They were out talented on the lines. Oregon just didn't have the horses in the trenches.

AAC is the best non-P5 conference, but it's still the AAC. I would have liked to see their offense against GT, but that game was cancelled. They scored against Maryland, but MD is trash, and they did put up their most points against FCS Austin Peay (73) FIU (61), 2-8 ECU (63) and 3-7 Cincy (51). Their offense is still good, but some perspective.

Also remember this is a UCF team that went 0-12 two years ago and only 6-7 last year. It's not like Frost has been building some juggernaut over a long period of time. Most of the contributors (besides Milton, the QB) were on the 0-12 team. The least they've scored in a game this year is 31. Still, I'd like to see them match up against a better p5 team. If they win out, they'll most likely get matched up against a top P5 team in a NY6 bowl game.

Advertisement

"Chip Kelly's offense with South Florida speed would be impossible to stop. Miami would win multiple national titles." - Miami Fans, November 2015.

"Chip Kelly's offense at Florida would get killed by SEC defenses." - Miami Fans, November 2017

We play in the ACC smartass

I expect him to do very well at UF. His access to talent is going to significantly improve over what he had at Oregon. Don't know why people suddenly think Chip is not very good.

Advertisement

Stop the fake myth-building.

Everyone did NOT want Chip Kelly. Yes, he was ONE of several popular names. But not everyone wanted him.

We were just coming out of the cloud. He had a show-cause.

Enough of the "everyone wanted Chip Kelly a few years ago" nonsense.

What did Chip add to Oregon's trophy case?

trophy-case-chalngr.jpg

We play in the ACC smartass

And you win national titles by only playing ACC teams?

:monkey-serious:

I'm pretty sure the only people who didn't want Chip Kelly to be the Miami coach in 2015 were the die-hard Butch Davis fans.

I'll give y'all credit ... Y'all were anti-Chip Kelly.

But everybody else, for the most part, was all aboard the "Oregon offense with South Florida speed" train.

Advertisement
Back