Rumours about Chip Kelly to UF

Chip Kelly won at Oregon, but so did Belotti. Chip did take them to a new level. I honestly have no idea how he'd do at Florida. I was curious to see how he did against SEC and, really teams outside of the Pac 10, because I don't think his offense would have success against our team speed.

In 2009 Oregon beat 5-7 Purdue 38-36, and lost to 11-2 Ohio State 26-17 and 14-0 Boise 19-8 i the game where Lagarrete Blount clocked a dude. In 2010 they beat 6-7 Tennessee 48-13, and lost to Auburn 22-19 in the national title game. In 2011 they lost to 13-1 LSU 40-27, and beat 11-3 Wisconsin 45-38. In 2012 they beat 11-2 Kansas State 35-17.

Advertisement
Chip doesnt like to recruit, his offenses is soft, and his teams doesnt play defense. Hope he gets the job.

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn (physical SEC school) RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC. I remember allt he talk leading up to that game was how Auburn was gonna overpower them, and nothing of the sort happened.

Advertisement
Does’nt matter now. This is history repeating it itself. Just like we made the option extinct, we will do so with the spread or w/e he calls the Off that he runs. Speed kills. We now have, well always had athletes with speed that can tackle in space. And a defensive scheme that is built on chaos, which your front four needs to cause. The combination of those two things totally disrupts the timing on those kind of off’s. Main two reasons why our Def will be dominant for years to come. 1. A one dimensional team will not be able to beat us be it passing or running. 2. We now have to the personal versatile enough to match any off they try to run out there on us, spread, power etc.

“ Let them Come! “

Advertisement
He'd be better off waiting for the UCLA job. Their fans are already flying banners before games so Mora could be out soon (USC beatdown this week could do it).

Kelly was great at Oregon but the PAC 12 wasn't all that good. USC was dealing with probation so it was basically just Oregon and Stanford with the rest mediocre to very bad.

I think Kelly may not have the desire any more. He seems happy doing TV. Frost is a better hire IMO.

He is basically Steve Spurrier and Bobby Petrino. Just wants to call plays. He'll get his players without really having to recruit given the Gators brand (hate to say that) and he'll hire a competent DC, but the fanbase and administration will drive him INSANE. He'll be burned out by Year 4.

this right here, if there's anything we know for certain is that literally everyone hates UF fans

Truthfully, if not for a fluke run by the Auburn (physical SEC school) RB in the 4th Quarter, he should've won a NC. I remember allt he talk leading up to that game was how Auburn was gonna overpower them, and nothing of the sort happened.

They scored 40+ points ten times that year. Against Auburn they scored 19. And that Auburn team wasn't known for its defense.

If he gets his guy at QB, he can get rolling there while the SEC is generally weak. He'd be a big upgrade over the last two jokers, but the pitfall is they are basically going all-in on an offensive coach because that's where their current trouble has been. That is overlooking the forest for the trees, because to win in the SEC you have always needed defense. If you're an offensive HC, having a great defense is a lot more than just hiring a coordinator. You need someone who can evaluate defensive talent and get after it recruiting. I personally think his flame outs in the NFL are not to be looked over. He'll need a lot more awareness this go around than he showed in the past.

Advertisement

LOL. You do realize the game was tied when Dyer made that run right?

They scored 40+ points ten times that year. Against Auburn they scored 19. And that Auburn team wasn't known for its defense.

And after Cam Newton left, all that was left was Gene Chizick, which didn't last too long.

UF will be a top 10 team with him but always lose the big one . Kelly is a by far the best hire they could get not named Frost IMO.

Advertisement
He will need 22 starters on both sides of the ball to run that offense in Florida BC of the weather.

If he gets that, and gets a good DC, then he should succeed there.

We’re still kicking their asses 2019

Last edited:
Dan Mullen. I’m 95% sure.

Only if Mullen turns them down will he not be their next HC.

Looking at the entirety of the situation, Florida’s history, current personalities involved, and the fact that they are on the highest level of risk aversion mode having a relatively new AD with all kinds of eyes on him, including Foley who’s still hanging around, that’s my prediction. I’m feeling pretty confident about it.

Remember they’re currently very risk-averse.

If not for a fluke penalty, Larry Coker would have won TWO National Championships.

Doesn't make him a great coach.

Advertisement
Back