RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

I don’t think Enos would have done as well with King as Lashlee.
Why doesn’t anyone give Jose more credit
Jose is responsible for a minimum of 3 more wins than last year
With Jose we beat uf and unc and start undefeated and the year is completely different
Enos was severely handicapped by the worst kicking game I have ever seen

lashlee knew just cross the opponent 40 and it’s 3 points guaranteed
This completely changes how u can call plays
Bc enos knew it was basically either td or nothing
With our kickers last year

Advertisement
Why doesn’t anyone give Jose more credit
Jose is responsible for a minimum of 3 more wins than last year
Enos was severely handicapped by the worst kicking game I have ever seen

lashlee knew just cross the opponent 40 and it’s 3 points guaranteed
This completely changes how u can call plays
Bc enos knew it was basically either td or nothing
With our kickers last year
You’re points bout kicking are legit. As it relates to Enos and Lashlee though, I haven’t looked but I think if you look at the rankings in categories on offense, there’s a big difference.

Does anyone know the length of Lashlee’s contract? If three years no need extend now.

And he’s not getting a Co-HC title. Best might would be OC and Asst HC.

You’re points bout kicking are legit. As it relates to Enos and Lashlee though, I haven’t looked but I think if you look at the rankings in categories on offense, there’s a big difference.
Yea but overall the defense regressed to make up for the improvement in offense
That’s why to me the kicking game is the main reason we won 8 games this year vs 6 or 5

we lose to vt, nc state and likely Pitt without Jose
That puts us at 5-5 or 6-4 at best

and we wouldn’t be crowning lashlee the way we are now

Advertisement
That’s why to me the kicking game is the main reason we won 8 games this year vs 6 or 5

If we win 6 with Lashlee then we win 3 with Enos. Our defense was worse this year. Our kicking was huge.

And the Lakers wouldn't have won the title without Lebron.

What's your point?

We had a need, we went out and addressed it. Hopefully his brother is as good as advertised.

And the Lakers wouldn't have won the title without Lebron.

What's your point?

We had a need, we went out and addressed it. Hopefully his brother is as good as advertised.
your argument would be that the Lakers would not have won without rondo or Denny green, who is a player that played a huge roll in the team success but does not get enough credit

My point is the biggest reason we won 8 games this year and showed a big improvement in w/l is out kicking game

I just feel this part of football which is 1/3 of the game is not getting the credit it deserves

Advertisement
your argument would be that the Lakers would not have won without rondo or Denny green, who is a player that played a huge roll in the team success but does not get enough credit

My point is the biggest reason we won 8 games this year and showed a big improvement in w/l is out kicking game

I just feel this part of football which is 1/3 of the game is not getting the credit it deserves
You’re right about the kicking game. As for Enos though, and it’s already been mentioned that he’d never land King, but if he had him, you know that dude would’ve had King in drop back bro style play action and squandered King miserably.

Does anyone know the length of Lashlee’s contract? If three years no need extend now.

length of contract is irrelevant. If someone else wants to hire him, they’ll pay his buyout no issues. If we need to extend him bc he has active/legit offers out there and we probably should match and incentivize him to stay.

You’re right about the kicking game. As for Enos though, and it’s already been mentioned that he’d never land King, but if he had him, you know that dude would’ve had King in drop back bro style play action and squandered King miserably.
Yea man
Lashlee has been a def upgrade and I think this coming year with teams having a full year of film of him and king , I wanna see how he adds the next wrinkles to get this team to where it needs to be

I think we took our kicking game for granted this year

i have too much special teams ptsd starting with feagles and then baxa hahahaha

First rule with LeBron he wins because of lebron , it’s only when he loses is it the teammates lol.

Advertisement

Oh absolutely. Special teams are critical, especially in college football. If we had good special teams last year, we probably win 3 or 4 more games.

If we had last year's special teams this year, we probably lose a couple more games.

But that doesn't take away from the improvement our offense showed.

Lashlee did his job year 1, he took one of the worst offenses in the country and made it respectable (98th in PPG to 28th). That's a pretty big jump.

That's with an average to below average OL, a WR group that is pretty flawed, and the best offensive player missing some games. Also, that whole Covid dominated offseason.

The hard part for him is to go from 28th in PPG to top 15. Some of you need to slow down and appreciate what's been accomplished on that side of the ball in less than a year considering what we've seen lately from a Canes offense. Lashlee is a dude and one of the top OCs out there.
100% correct.

Far easier to go from top 100 to top 25.

Very difficult to go from top 25 to top 10 let alone top 5.

Expect CIS to go full pollo loco for 2021 if de facto HC Lashlee and O don't produce top 10 results.

Would argue without a top 3 OL in ACC, essentially impossible.

That’s all I’ve heard for now. Following up to see if any news on the defensive staff.

Edit #1: hearing this could also be a “promotion” to co-HC as well.
If it is a Miami move of old, wait to hear that Baker was pre-judged too harshly and that he will stick around to justify the extra $$$ to Lashlee.

In a perfect world, we have a coach already searching for his DC, just not announcing **** until after the bowl game. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Advertisement
Watch the 2019 offense. Now watch the 2018 offense.

Now tell me Lashlee isn’t a miracle worker.

Look at the players we trot out on offense every week. Besides tight end, there isn’t a draftable player, period. He got 35 points a game from that.
Exactly. If Lashlee got even a few of Bama type players at o line and WR he would look like the second coming

Exactly. If Lashlee got even a few of Bama type players at o line and WR he would look like the second coming

I think it’s similar to the Diaz transition from Coach No D. Our defense looked way better in 2016 and improved in all categories from 2015. Now, as we can see, our defense has some major schematic flaws.

it’s one thing to improve when there’s nowhere to go but up. The challenge now is, can Lashlee improve even more and maintain that consistency for multiple seasons?

Who gets a co-HC title anyway? That doesn’t happen. At least not with an existing HC, and I can’t think of a single one in college anyway.

Advertisement
Back