RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

I think if TVD is decent, yes, we would have won more than 3 games with Lashlee, especially with TVD getting reps. But that’s not even my main point. Lashlee is way better than Enos. Give them both King and Lashlee is 8-2 bro and Enos loses 2-3 more games.
TVD? Perhaps down the road.

King is the difference in our wins and loses this past season. Without him we lose vs Louisville, Pitt, UVA, NCST, VT and the Clemson/UNC game. Not a single QB on this roster at this point and time brings what he does. The guy led our team in rushing half the games this year and it wasn't like he was on Lamar Jackson level, but none of the other QB would've been that.

Advertisement
True but King was significantly the biggest reason for Lashlee’s success. We need to establish a better running game to capitalize having a QB like King here and not depend on him only. Offense needs to find alternatives to be successful when King is off.
Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Give credit when credit is due...

King would've saved his job.

Do you believe we would've won more than 3 games with Perry, Williams or Martell at QB this season. Without King we may have won UAB, FSU and Duke.
We would have been a 4 win team this year without King with Lashlee. King saved everyone's ***. Great job by the coaches to convince him to come here and to stay.

Like I said earlier, they need to find a way to hook him up huge when NIL kicks in. They should start some goofy cookie company for their wives, since they love to bake, and let King be the spokesman. Pay him a mill to promote those baked goods.

Sonny Dykes has just one 10 win season in his entire career, that was with Lashlee as his OC & playcaller.

This year SMU lost to ECU, Tulsa & Cincinnati, last year they beat both ECU & Tulsa.

Sonny Dykes is 63-59 for his career 1-3 in Bowl games, his best season ever just so happened with Lashlee calling plays.

I’m not sure what’s so bad about what I said, I don’t get all the heat Lashlee is taking but it’s pretty clear to me he’s good OC, Idk what else the problem would be, what exactly did he do that would warrant him being moved on from?It’s year 1 of his tenure what exactly was he supposed to do?

Everyone knows the OC should have perfectly installed the offense with kids that aren't his in a year with no real spring, summer, and a very abbreviated fall camp.

I've played NCAA '14 before.

Advertisement
When Lashlee was OC at UCONN he took them from being ranked 122nd, 124th and 126th in the previous three seasons to 49th nationally in total offense, averaging 415.2 yards per game in 2017.

UCONN also had 9 games with more than 400 yards of total offense under Lash, which eclipsed the total yards they had for the previous 4 seasons, combined.

And this was all with Bryant Shirreffs at QB, you know Evan’s older brother...

Look, you can not like Lashlee for whatever reason, but if yall are really sitting here trying to act like he’s not a good OC simply because of some run plays you disagree with, I mean are yall seriously that nitpicky?

Idk too many offenses that would average 34ppg with the OL & the WR’s we got. Look at Harley’s numbers this year vs last year, does anybody really think the offense had nothing to do with Harley’s success? We hardly ever used the Slot in Enox’s offense, of course King deserves a Lionshare of the credit, but be for real yall really in here acting like Lash has nothing to do with this season?

When Lashlee was OC at UCONN he took them from being ranked 122nd, 124th and 126th in the previous three seasons to 49th nationally in total offense, averaging 415.2 yards per game in 2017.

UCONN also had 9 games with more than 400 yards of total offense under Lash, which eclipsed the total yards they had for the previous 4 seasons, combined.

And this was all with Bryant Shirreffs at QB, you know Evan’s older brother...

Look, you can not like Lashlee for whatever reason, but if yall are really sitting here trying to act like he’s not a good OC simply because of some run plays you disagree with, I mean are yall seriously that nitpicky?

Idk too many offenses that would average 34ppg with the OL & the WR’s we got. Look at Harley’s numbers this year vs last year, does anybody really think the offense had nothing to do with Harley’s success? We hardly ever used the Slot in Enox’s offense, of course King deserves a Lionshare of the credit, but be for real yall really in here acting like Lash has nothing to do with this season?
I think he's a good OC, and I think we would have won 4 games without King. Based on what I saw this year, I don't think Lashlee's good enough to win games with his scheme and play calling with a guy like Nkosi at QB.

I think he did a good job overall this year, but King saved everyone's ***. King was the star. Congratulations to Lash for getting King here because that's important too.

I think he's a good OC, and I think we would have won 4 games without King. Based on what I saw this year, I don't think Lashlee's good enough to win games with his scheme and play calling with a guy like Nkosi at QB.

I think he did a good job overall this year, but King saved everyone's ***. King was the star. Congratulations to Lash for getting King here because that's important too.
I don’t disagree that King was the Star & the Savior of the season, but people are acting like Lashlee is just slightly better than Enox, when he’s a whole Solar System’s better IMO, I think the pairing of King with Lashlee is the real reason, because we’ve seen what King looks like with Holgorsen in 2019 & it was nothing like how he looked with Briles in 2018 & Lash in 2020.

All coordinators look much better with a great QB, see Clemson with Kelly Bryant vs Clemson with Lawrence, but it can’t be denied that at the stops where Lashlee was the OC he had success with multiple style QB’s, from Nick Marshall, to Shirreffs to Buechele & now King.

I’m just saying we have a staff with dudes like Baker & Patke etc, Lashlee is at the very bottom of the totem pole of the shît-list as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t disagree that King was the Star & the Savior of the season, but people are acting like Lashlee is just slightly better than Enox, when he’s a whole Solar System’s better IMO, I think the pairing of King with Lashlee is the real reason, because we’ve seen what King looks like with Holgorsen in 2019 & it was nothing like how he looked with Briles in 2018 & Lash in 2020.

All coordinators look much better with a great QB, see Clemson with Kelly Bryant vs Clemson with Lawrence, but it can’t be denied that at the stops where Lashlee was the OC he had success with multiple style QB’s, from Nick Marshall, to Shirreffs to Buechele & now King.

I’m just saying we have a staff with dudes like Baker & Patke etc, Lashlee is at the very bottom of the totem pole of the shît-list as far as I’m concerned.
You're right on all that. In comparison to the slugs on the defensive staff (Manure included), Lashlee is a 10.

Advertisement

I may have missed it somewhere that I or someone else stated in this thread they want him fired. As if that was going to happen in the 1st place.

I just don't think he's the messiah that you do. I don't think he is irreplaceable as you seem to think he is. I feel if you take King away and toss in Perry this team is lucky to win 3 games this year.

I don't buy the excuse mess when other teams across the country had to deal with some of the same stuff. I guess with Lashlee leaving SMU, Dykes had to hijack his playbook to squeeze out 7 wins. I could agree that it was all Lashlee had SMU just fell on it's face, but they didn't. Yeah they lost to some teams they beat the year before but don't they get a pass? It's not like there Bama or Clemson.

This is perhaps the 1st time since the steam rolling job UNC laid on us that anyone has really said much about the guy. Some people just feel he needs to wait to get a raise because we been down this road.

Even if true; why??? Don’t get me wrong; Lashlee was better than Enos, but even a dead gold fish is better than Enos. Our O was OK, but against good to great defenses, it was just OK.

Not sure what justifies or qualifies a major pay raise; why? B/c of some non substantiated rumors of him “leaving?”
Wait until he gets the full offseason and spring. You see what’s going on then.

Wait until he gets the full offseason and spring. You see what’s going on then.

This is all I want; let the guy have a full off season. Let’s see how our O go; and then increase the salary. I’m not saying or even hinting Lashlee doesn’t deserve a raise; I’m saying it’s premature to do it now w/ an inconsistent product. Let the product show a functional return; but giving a guy a raise b/c he was better than the last guy who happen to be our worst OC in history is not a good $ move, imo. It’s premature, and I’ve seen enough premature acts.

I understand that, my g. But why do this now? Why not wait til next season to see if there’s improvement, we take a step back, or are stagnant?

I feel Blake James is just like my Bears’ Ryan Pace; easily conned into making rash decisions w/o true proof or evaluation. It’s not so much the extension per say, vs. a ? on judgment.

Relax, my friend.

The "extension" for a position coach is usually not a big deal. This is nowhere near what LSU did. And giving a position coach a raise? No big deal.

We may not like it, we may not agree, but Lashlee was a legitimate candidate for HC jobs this off-season. All this does is buy us one more year before he moves on, and in the meantime, we give him a job title that makes him a more legit candidate next year.

Also, it tells all FUTURE assistant coaching candidates that Miami can and will reward good performance.

This is a win-win. No matter what this sounds like, it is NOTHING like extending a HC for 5 years with a multi-million dollar salary.

Advertisement
This thread is so weird. I mean who gives a **** if he gets a raise and a promotion?

He’s the best OC we’ve had in a decade and we aren’t going to fire him and go get someone else who is better. Don’t understand the nitpicking of a guy who had basically no spring and a limited fall.

I don’t care if we pay him more than Manny. As long as we make the necessary changes on defense I am not worried about the O.

Relax, my friend.

The "extension" for a position coach is usually not a big deal. This is nowhere near what LSU did. And giving a position coach a raise? No big deal.

We may not like it, we may not agree, but Lashlee was a legitimate candidate for HC jobs this off-season. All this does is buy us one more year before he moves on, and in the meantime, we give him a job title that makes him a more legit candidate next year.

Also, it tells all FUTURE assistant coaching candidates that Miami can and will reward good performance.

This is a win-win. No matter what this sounds like, it is NOTHING like extending a HC for 5 years with a multi-million dollar salary.

I’ll take ur word on it, O.G.

I always hear “Miami’s broke, Miami’s broke” & I know we need a legit DC, so I’m like why allocate premature funds to a product that was good, but not great, when we have a defensive product that went from good to oy vey. Lol

Advertisement
I’m all for paying; but spending wisely.

IPF-spending wisely

Extending Golden prematurely - not so wise

Paying a fired coach most money he’s ever made? - not so wise

Paying $7m to get a lispy coach? - not so wise.

Paying an extension on an OC w/ a checkered past and a checkered season? - ?able

Golden was given a 5-year contract to start. He was fired in Year 5.

The Golden extension, literally, did not prevent us from firing him.

Golden was given a 5-year contract to start. He was fired in Year 5.

The Golden extension, literally, did not prevent us from firing him.

Ummm; if I’m not mistaken, the pressure was put on Blake to fire Golden, correct? And if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t he fired b/c we had just signed that Adidas contract in which we used that new $ to fire him?

At least that’s what reported/rumored here

I’ll take ur word on it, O.G.

I always hear “Miami’s broke, Miami’s broke” & I know we need a legit DC, so I’m like why allocate premature funds to a product that was good, but not great, when we have a defensive product that went from good to oy vey. Lol

Miami isn't broke. I've posted this before. Butch was given an extension offer that would have made him Top 5 for college head coach pay, at the time. The sticking point was the buyout. Coker was in the Top 10 of head coach salaries when he was fired. Both Butch and Coker were paid a lot less at the beginning of their time at Miami than then end, because they were both first-time HCs. However, Miami offered to pay them both very well after their success.

Shannon and Golden never got to the "second contract" level of pay that Butch and Coker were offered.

No big deal.

I love my alma mater. It is just hard to see oversimplifying porsters continue to build the false myth of "Miami is broke". Miami is nowhere close to being broke.

Lashlee may not be the best OC we have ever had, but we had a nice turnaround this year, and that attracts suitors. We pay the man for a year, we let him become a HC in a year, and then the next OC candidate sees a welcoming environment for up-and-coming OCs at Miami.

All good.

Ummm; if I’m not mistaken, the pressure was put on Blake to fire Golden, correct? And if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t he fired b/c we had just signed that Adidas contract in which we used that new $ to fire him?

At least that’s what reported/rumored here

Yeah, as I mentioned in the post I just made, there are a lot of uniformed porsters on this site.

Yes, there was pressure to fire Golden. That is a separate issue from a contract or an extension. What I'm pointing out is that the extension was not prohibitive for firing Golden. Now, the F$U situation is different. Between the multiple pre-F$U buyouts for Taggart, plus the Taggart contract and firing, plus the Norvell deal, and combined with F$U's loss of revenue, they are in a bad spot.

Miami didn't even pay Golden the full amount (thus, why he sued us and lost). It cost Miami nothing when Richt left. Yes, getting Manny back cost us money we probably should not have spent. But if you add up the last 3 coaches (compared to F$U's last 3 coaches, or even the last 3 Gaytor coaches), we are not that bad off.

As long as Miami doesn't do any crazy LSU "assistant coach" contracts, we are fine. We got Lashlee relatively cheap last year, and if he does well again this year, he'll take a HC job.

But Miami isn't broke. And Miami pays for performance (which is why we should fire all the D-side coaches).

Advertisement
Back