Rumor on the social media streets

Advertisement
It's the reality though, if Deejay comes back it's a gurantee someone will transfer.

And with how we use our backs it's also a guarantee at least one of the 2 incoming Frosh will redshirt.

That's not negative, that's just the reality of the situation, everything doesn't have to be spun as flowers & rainbows if that's not what it is. Knowing what you know about this team do you really think we're about to have a backfield with 6 4-star backs & all of them will just sit pat & be okay with standing on the sideline all year?

which is my stance, we have seen what deejay looks like And he was pretty **** solid this year. With that being said but I’m not willing to jeopardize losing someone else with a Higher ceiling at the position , I hope He goes pro 🤷🏾‍♂️ and make that money. Kids want to play nowadays

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd love it, but as a father, I think he should go support his family. He has nothing more to gain returning to UM and everything to risk!

Manny has to look out for the best interest of the young man here. DJ isnt going to be a 1st round pick next year. Hes just not that type of RB. But he could be apart of a solid 1-2 punch for some organization.
His best interest is finishing school and getting his degree. He’s definitely doing the right thing staying for his senior year

Advertisement
Advertisement
His best interest is finishing school and getting his degree. He’s definitely doing the right thing staying for his senior year

LOL he has the rest of his life to finish his degree. RBs dont last long in the league. Even a 2 yr career can set him up financially for the rest of his life if invested properly. He could take his salary and buy into a franchise or start a business.

If being healthy is his issue, there is no guarantee that next year this time he's healthy either. But he's already shown NFL scouts all he can do. He can catch, block, and, most importantly, run. He's a complete player and can play special teams. Why put anymore wear on his tires for free? Remember, he has a kid!

Of course he is, he just dislocated his elbow, no way on earth he would get drafted with his lack of production in comparison to most other RB's that will declare.

Welp, start the clock on transfer portal, somebody's leaving (guessing Lingard or Burns).

And too bad for Chaney & Knighton, Redshirt city for at least one of'em.
People may disagree but I would shirt Chaney over Knighton. Knighton can play any skill position on O and will be a threat on Special teams. It's a no brainer IMO

Advertisement
LOL at selling 5 star talented RBs on redshirting in 2020. This ain’t 1987, dear friend.
Isn't that hard a sell. Take a year, get in the S&C program, bulk up so when you have to endure the wear & tear of being a feature back, your body is better prepared. Not many RBs anywhere getting on the field that first year outside of injury situations or being on teams that blow everyone out and get the young kids in late in games. Since we're not either, I don't imagine these kids to get a lot of burn next year and if they think otherwise, good for them, but yikes.

Advertisement
Back