Rumor on the social media streets

Of course he is, he just dislocated his elbow, no way on earth he would get drafted with his lack of production in comparison to most other RB's that will declare.

Welp, start the clock on transfer portal, somebody's leaving (guessing Lingard or Burns).

And too bad for Chaney & Knighton, Redshirt city for at least one of'em.
I’m in the minority but I feel like Don will be too special to keep off the field the moment he get to campus

Advertisement
I’m in the minority but I feel like Don will be too special to keep off the field the moment he get to campus
He's an Elite back with potential Superstar upside, by far the highest rated RB we've landed since Duke.

I wouldn't keep him off the field at all, he'd get plenty of snaps if I were the OC lol...

But if Enox is still at the helm & Deejay comes back I don't put it past this staff to figure out a way to have an Elite back like Chaney standing on the sideline.

Some posters are going to be mad about it
This is a dumb post. I don’t think anyone would be. He answered a lot of questions this year, improved where he needed more than anyone and changed a lot of people’s perceptions including me. He is a baller.
With that said I doubt he would be back. He could find a role in the league.

Advertisement
Of course he is, he just dislocated his elbow, no way on earth he would get drafted with his lack of production in comparison to most other RB's that will declare.

Welp, start the clock on transfer portal, somebody's leaving (guessing Lingard or Burns).

And too bad for Chaney & Knighton, Redshirt city for at least one of'em.
I disagree. His elbow disclocation apparently isn't going to require surgery. I'd take that to mean while he's out for the remainder of the season, it wouldn't stop him from participating in the NFL Combine. And pretty much any Rb that actually has a good shot at being drafted should probably enter, especially if he returns and will get less touches, which given the talent we have at the position is possible - assuming we get a new oc.

I think he should still declare. I mean obviously if his elbow injury is more serious than it appears imo, he should return. But I doubt this takes longer than 2 months to recover

Advertisement
I disagree. His elbow disclocation apparently isn't going to require surgery. I'd take that to mean while he's out for the remainder of the season, it wouldn't stop him from participating in the NFL Combine. And pretty much any Rb that actually has a good shot at being drafted should probably enter, especially if he returns and will get less touches, which given the talent we have at the position is possible - assuming we get a new oc.

I think he should still declare. I mean obviously if his elbow injury is more serious than it appears imo, he should return. But I doubt this takes longer than 2 months to recover
I also think Deejay should declare. He's the only Junior that should turn pro. He's a great Cane and our offense would have really struggled without him this year but Lorenzo, Chaney & Knighton are more talented (and would likely take serious snaps away from Deejay). It's better for Deejay to turn pro.

Burns can move to FB like Najeh did. Of course we do not use the FB and when we do it is the walk on so there goes that idea.

This is a dumb post. I don’t think anyone would be. He answered a lot of questions this year, improved where he needed more than anyone and changed a lot of people’s perceptions including me. He is a baller.
With that said I doubt he would be back. He could find a role in the league.
How about you take a look at the Knighton threads and you will find a bunch of posters yearning for carries to Harris, Burns and Lingard and a backfield without DJ.

Advertisement
The Lingard stans? **** em.

I'm confused about why he would return but if he did it would be fantastic for Miami. Knighton and Chaney are athletic and talented but Chaney has to adjust to a new scheme and both have to improve their vision/decisionmaking behind the LOS.
With you 100%,
I hoped he would go pro for his own sake, I think he has a roster spot and a role in the league. Now, if he wants to come back I'm thrilled, I will always want the best guy on the field, fvck everything else, he's our best RB.

He's an Elite back with potential Superstar upside, by far the highest rated RB we've landed since Duke.

I wouldn't keep him off the field at all, he'd get plenty of snaps if I were the OC lol...

But if Enox is still at the helm & Deejay comes back I don't put it past this staff to figure out a way to have an Elite back like Chaney standing on the sideline.
He’s better than Lingard coming off a ACL..what was dons injury this year? I know he missed time

Advertisement
Chaney is an elite talent with NFL upside, he's the #5 ranked RB in the nation & the #35 ranked player nationally overall. He's literally the highest ranked player in our class, Reshirting him would be about the most retarded thing anyone could do.

Chaney wouldn't Reshirt at ANY other program, not Clemson, LSU, Oh St, Bama, or UGA, seriously not ONE school in the country would Redshirt him unless he was injured.
He isn't getting carries next year if DJ comes back. Period.

Last edited:
I would say, its too deep lol. WE barely run the ball, and thats a problem with our RB room.

We should be running 50-50 and then 4 backs will get consistent work. Not 1.5.

Advertisement
Back