Rumor: Milton possibly out for season

Advertisement
738fcb12ddaba0915f1c8838316b8608.jpg

I had a horrific leg injury similar to Milton's but it was caused by a Chevy Sedan while I was serving in special forces.. Took me 3 years and two major surgeries to walk somewhat normally and that in turn shifted most of my body, back, legs and hips to compensate which makes every day a painful experience. Besides the injury itself I now have to deal with 4 herniated discs, severe arthritis and a myriad of other injuries all coming from compensating for the injury or the injury itself. Long story short when I saw his injury I was shocked to learn he would try to come back, with that much damage one hit could mean amputation or total knee replacement at a minimum. I admire his courage but to be honest I believe his decision is a lot closer to just flat out being foolish. I hope FSU does the right thing and shuts him down permanently for his own good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah he ain't but no competitor is. Very rarely do you Peyton Manning it & go out on top/your terms. Always seemed like a sharp guy. Hopefully he can count his blessings & find closure. (coaching seems to be a rewarding path for many)
The ultimate "unfinished business" for a pro athlete and in his case a college football player. I remember Rusty Medearis went through this too. You know your never sniffing a NFL camp or tryout but at least you can have one last ride in college and have those memories. Got snatched from him it looks like. At some point, have to start move on and look forward to his next phase in life.

Per FSU 247 board.

Apparrently the mods aren’t allowed to speak on injuries or Norvell threatened to cut their access. But a poster said that his foot just isn’t healing right from the leg injury, and they are basically considering making him a player/coach (I am summarizing).

He was in a walking boot yesterday. One of the threads on 247 was locked, so there is def some smoke (F them, although I do feel awful for Milton).

They have no depth at QB and Travis is injury prone. Could be a long season for the Noles, if true.
Prayers for Milton. I wish the worst on everyone else and I think we should host a playa hater’s ball in their honor and list the various ways we want them to Rest In ****

Advertisement
Snake Oil Salesman Willie T! That was our most favorite hire. And it has been paying dividends since. How is Cornrow Norville supposed to stabilize an already sunken ship. Can’t wait to see the recruiting class dissolve before our very eyes. I remember this experience all too well.

Taggart didn't exactly inherit a favorable situation.

Players that had no business leaving early, leaving early...entitlement issues from Jimbo's players...lowest APR in P5...starting QB had domestic violence issues...terrible O-Line...Jimbo left a dumpster fire behind.

Taggart should've remained at Oregon.

What the **** happened to FSU? It amazes me how hard that program has fallen.

Miami went from dynasty to mediocre, and we’ve been clawing our way back. FSU went from crab legs winning a natty to absolute, complete trash in a much shorter time.

I mean has any program ever fallen faster and harder than FSU? I think they might win 3 games this year and they won about as many last year.

What the **** causes a program to crash and burn that hard? Miami went from all-time great to above average. FSU went from great to absolute horrid trash in just a couple of years.

How is that even POSSIBLE? Look at their team, it looks like they recruit midgets. You’re telling me they can’t find some 3-stars at least in Florida and Georgia, as deep as the talent pool is, and at least field something resembling a D1 team??

Blows my **** mind, really. Oh well. Their loss our gain I guess.

And Norvell doesn't have a clue on how to build P5 program. FSU needs to hire an old head like Stoops to rebuild that program.

Whether he plays thru it or not, this kid is not healthy. This is like Alex Smith who gutted thru half a season and walked away. We act like modern medicine can make people 100% no matter how severe the injury but the reality is that the body is always worse after an injury and Milton's body is damaged. If I was his dad, or maybe even his coach, I would tell him to stop playing. It's not worth whatever permanent damage you may do when you are not playing professionally regardless.

Philips took some real risks coming back to play last year but at least he can make a lot of money in a few years.

Advertisement
I have to believe the leg injury led to overcompensation which in turn led to the foot issue. Honestly, I’m kind of glad for the kid because I just didn’t see things going well for him this year. I’d hate to see a kid who rehabbed so hard from an injury that almost took his leg go out and just get destroyed trying to play behind that FSU line.

That said, fvck the noles, fvck their coaches, fvck their fans. I hope they go 0-12.

Jacksonville State had 'em on the ropes last year. 2020 FSPoo is better than 2021 FSPoo. Gamecocks smell blood in the water...
yes they did, might have them there again.

i repeat this a-gain. FSU will quit half way through the Norte Dame game. They will quit and their season will be over by the end of the first game. they will simply "go through the motions" until Miami. and half way through that game, they will quit again.

Advertisement
I had a horrific leg injury similar to Milton's but it was caused by a Chevy Sedan when I was serving in special forces.. Took me 3 years and two major surgeries to walk somewhat normally and that in turn shifted most of my body, back, legs and hips to compensate which makes every day a painful experience. Besides the injury itself I now have to deal with 4 herniated discs, severe arthritis and a myriad of other injuries all coming from compensating for the injury or the injury itself. Long story short when I saw his injury I was shocked to learn he would try to come back, with that much damage one hit could mean amputation or total knee replacement at a minimum. I admire his courage but to be honest I believe his decision is a lot closer to just flat out being foolish. I hope FSU does the right thing and shuts him down permanently for his own good.
Thanks for your service to the country .

I doubt it’s an overcompensation issue, although it may be. I figured since he almost lost the leg it might be a nerve or blood flow issue.

If they never win another game it will be too soon.

FSU being horrible does Miami more bad than good. If FSU was a good team right now we would be much better off during this whole SEC consolidation.

And my best memories as a Miami fan are playing good FSU teams. Give me a Miami-FSU top 10 matchup any day over a 52-10 blowout.

FSU being horrible does Miami more bad than good. If FSU was a good team right now we would be much better off during this whole SEC consolidation.

And my best memories as a Miami fan are playing good FSU teams. Give me a Miami-FSU top 10 matchup any day over a 52-10 blowout.

You sound like Chad Wilson. FSU being horrible and doing Miami bad doesn’t belong in the same sentence. They could go 0-12 for 40 straight years, it’d be great for all things University of Miami.

Tf

Advertisement
Back