Rumor: Mark Richt Interviewed for FSU Job

Tommy was the "formality" interview. I think Scott is one of the candidates though I have no confirmation of that.

I was hoping this was Tommy as in Tommy Tuberville. Would be hilarious to have him be running against Jefferson Beauregard Sessions in Alabamy AND interviewing for the FSU job.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 15EB3CCD-9F16-4C62-8333-BB025CA69B18.jpeg
    15EB3CCD-9F16-4C62-8333-BB025CA69B18.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
That's exactly the job he should've transitioned to with us. Ala Barry Alvarez.

He would have actually died from that heart attack had he transitioned to AD.

Nah, we got 2 good years while he was running on fumes. He’s ready to be retired. Would not have worked. Guys like that sometimes come back to more full time work, but only after a few years.

Advertisement
Rick Barry is a more likely former Cane to get that job than Mark Rick.

Dude almost dropped dead last month and spends his time tweeting about the health and diet changes he's making in an attempt to stay alive. He ain't taking THAT job. And God certainly didn't speak to him as he was walking toward the light and said "Go back and save FSU football my son."

Rick Barry - thee of the underhanded foul shot. 😉

I remember when UM hoops was resurrected (Kevin Presto - great shooter, Dennis Burns - great jumper, and Tim Dawson [sic - could have his name wrong but I suspect someone willl Google it]) and Barry was mentioned as a potential coach. Supposedly he was too arrogant and just not a personality fit for what the school wanted at that time.

According to the Noles 247 board, Brian Kelly and James Franklin are their top 2 candidates. No idea if the interest is reciprocated but supposedly both parties have been in touch (reps for each coach and FSU)

Advertisement
Rick Barry - thee of the underhanded foul shot. 😉

I remember when UM hoops was resurrected (Kevin Presto - great shooter, Dennis Burns - great jumper, and Tim Dawson [sic - could have his name wrong but I suspect someone willl Google it]) and Barry was mentioned as a potential coach. Supposedly he was too arrogant and just not a personality fit for what the school wanted at that time.

I was at a basketball about 3-4 years ago, I think we were playing Charleston Southern, and he was there because his son was playing for CS.

He was in the crowd, and even though everyone knew his son was playing for the opposing team, when they flashed him on the screen, he got a nice ovation from the crowd.

His son had one graduate transfer year of eligibility left but ended up with the turds. No surprise to me.

Rick Barry pretty much hates the U. I’m not saying that’s why his son chose to go with the turds, but it didn’t help our chances any

A friend of mine is an influential and big-money booster at FSU. Said that FSU had a handful of face to face interviews with prospective coaches last week or so. One of them was our very own Mark Richt.

Wow.
On the off chance you had some credibility, I'll just mention that it's gone now. If you start a thread tomorrow about how water is wet, I won't believe you.

Advertisement
On the off chance you had some credibility, I'll just mention that it's gone now. If you start a thread tomorrow about how water is wet, I won't believe you.
You don't know me. And your opinion about me is worth as much to me as the *** wipe I just used. I could,care less what you believe or say. I know what I said has credibility based upon who said it to me. That's all that counts cowgirl.

Advertisement
Back