Rumor: Mark Richt Interviewed for FSU Job

I called Miss Cleo, and she said this was fake news. I then asked who their next coach would be, and she wanted to charge me more, so I told her I would do a Go Fund Me and call her back tomorrow.

Advertisement
I for one am all in favor of Mark returning to FSU to coach. Would be very good for his heart. I don't think he should be the HC though, may be a bit to stressful. OC though, would be perfect. They should try and pull Manny Diaz back to his Alma Mater has HC. Manny at HC with Richt at OC sounds like an NC winning program to me. Richt should bring Jorn along, and Manny should bring along the bartender, Patke, and the rest of the gang.

Advertisement
Rick Barry - thee of the underhanded foul shot. 😉

I remember when UM hoops was resurrected (Kevin Presto - great shooter, Dennis Burns - great jumper, and Tim Dawson [sic - could have his name wrong but I suspect someone willl Google it]) and Barry was mentioned as a potential coach. Supposedly he was too arrogant and just not a personality fit for what the school wanted at that time.

You forgot Eric Brown. Dude was money.

Advertisement
CMR would be news to me but I don't believe he interviewed for the job. He may have consulted with him. I did hear their top choice is Jack Del Rio at the moment. Coach O is opening up all kinds of doors for guys that would never be considered before this season.

Well, their search has gone on more than 24-48 hours...I'll give them that.

Advertisement
Well, their search has gone on more than 24-48 hours...I'll give them that.
I suppose one could argue if you're going to make a ****** hire, at least do it quickly so people can't say, "You took three months and decided to hire him?"

I suppose one could argue if you're going to make a ****** hire, at least do it quickly so people can't say, "You took three months and decided to hire him?"

Well, if the Armchair AD says so I guess....

Personally, I think if you state to your alumni and fan base that an exhaustive search is upcoming, "leaving no stone unturned", you might consider conducting something similar to an exhaustive search, whatever the outcome.

Well, if the Armchair AD says so I guess....

Personally, I think if you state to your alumni and fan base that an exhaustive search is upcoming, "leaving no stone unturned", you might consider conducting something similar to an exhaustive search, whatever the outcome.
So you're saying its a problem with properly managing expectations.

Advertisement
they are just going to hire Odell haggins and kick the can down the road for 2 years until a president and AD are hired

Odell Haggins might seem like a Miami type hire. But given Miami’s luck, watch that hire work out really well.

Haggins honestly has a better resume than Dabo did when he was hired. Both were position coaches, but Haggins has served at FSU for a lot longer than Dabo did at Clemson. Plus Haggins has served under Bowden (before he got old) and Fisher, while Dabo only served under a coRch in Tommy Bowden.

I for one am all in favor of Mark returning to FSU to coach. Would be very good for his heart. I don't think he should be the HC though, may be a bit to stressful. OC though, would be perfect. They should try and pull Manny Diaz back to his Alma Mater has HC. Manny at HC with Richt at OC sounds like an NC winning program to me. Richt should bring Jorn along, and Manny should bring along the bartender, Patke, and the rest of the gang.
I like the way you think. Manny was my first pick too. I think Mark should enjoy life.

Odell Haggins might seem like a Miami type hire. But given Miami’s luck, watch that hire work out really well.

Haggins honestly has a better resume than Dabo did when he was hired. Both were position coaches, but Haggins has served at FSU for a lot longer than Dabo did at Clemson. Plus Haggins has served under Bowden (before he got old) and Fisher, while Dabo only served under a coRch in Tommy Bowden.
Former Dline coaches never make good NCs .... wait maybe a couple did okay.

Advertisement
Back