Rumor: Mark Richt Interviewed for FSU Job

Advertisement
Some Noles are actually confirming this. I don’t know if it was a formal sit down official on the record interview but I def believe FSU talked to him.

Thier fanboys legit want Odell for a couple of years to "Stabilize" the program and then hand the reigns off the kendall Briles.

I hope and pray they get their wish.

Advertisement
lol k. he was burned the **** out here. good luck, but for the sake of his own health, i hope he doesnt consider the job

He just had a heart attack and people really believe he’s thinking about coaching? Come on now ..

Thier fanboys legit want Odell for a couple of years to "Stabilize" the program and then hand the reigns off the kendall Briles.

I hope and pray they get their wish.
Odell has been a part of the problem. He has seen the lack of discipline firsthand, and I seriously doubt he can or will do a thing about it. They need a complete cleansing, but they are all too scared to do it.

Advertisement
Close friend of my sister's who has a friend whose brother is a patient in the cardiac care unit at Sandestin General said he heard from the night shift orderly that Mrs. Richt is vehemently opposed to Mark returning to the sidelines. Another orderly said a friend told him Ann Bowden is working back channels to get Terry Bowden an interview.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love what CMR did for us but at the end he was about as burnt out as a coach can be. And he had a heart attack a month ago... the last thing he should do is get back into coaching this year.

Who were the other candidates OP?

Ask your friend for me please.
Here's the best info I have

At least one person interviewed was a mere formality (not Richt). Three others are individuals who are coaching other teams not at FSU but are not HC. Odell was interviewed and is a serious candidate. Odell makes sense because he's cheap and no buy out. Bob Stoops has not been interviewed and is not a candidate nor is he expected to be one.

At least one person interviewed was a mere formality (not Richt). Three others are individuals who are coaching other teams not at FSU but are not HC. Odell was interviewed and is a serious candidate. Odell makes sense because he's cheap and no buy out. Bob Stoops has not been interviewed and is not a candidate nor is he expected to be one.
Thanks, I actually believe you.

I think one of the candidates is Jeff Scott the current OC for Clemson, his dad is Brad Scott who was a TE's Coach & OC for Bobby Bowden for 11 years back in the 80's & early 90's, he was there with Richt when Richt was QB coach too. He also coached at Clemson during the Tommy Bowden era, and Jeff was first hired by Tommy Bowden before Dabo took over.

Very close ties with the Bowden family & FSU connection. Not saying he's going to get hired, but I'm certain if the Boosters at FSU are asking for Bobby's input Jeff would be a name he would probably lobby for.

Sounds like a two week summary of what's been discussed on this site.

Advertisement
Back