Rumor: Butch Davis contacted

**** with butch if it doesn't workout n he feels the heat perhaps he'd step down n retire like Richt has saving us a buy out on the HC.

Advertisement
I was not big on bringing Butch back before we hired richt. But that was because he's been out of coaching. Him being at FIU is encouraging because he wasnt sitting on his *** . Babers is still my #1 but I'd wouldn't mind taking Butch back now that the rust is off. If he's good that perfect if He sucks he probably retires in another 3 years like richt did.

Advertisement
First, let me apologize for doubting you in that other thread about Richt retiring. We hear so much nonsense floated, I instinctively chalked up your info as rumormongering.

Second, if this is our top 3, I'd be fine with Mario or Butch, but Rex Ryan is a true head scratcher. Has he ever fielded a coherent offense? Does he even have a history of recruiting? I'd avoid him like the plague, he's too risky.
Haha thanks but i get it..this was just based off my opinion from what I've seen. Not on what I've been told

Bruh our situation and theirs isn’t even close to the same. Now had Savanna been 67 when he got to Bama then it’s valid.
Bruh they are the exact same age, so the "age" argument is Dunning-Kruger moronic, even if those making it can't be cognizant.
Being "67" is irrelevant...or possibly fantastic, since the 2 tip top coaches in college/pro are THAT AGE.

And the other thing being no coach that has returned to a previous job has had similar or greater success.
No real Cane fan gives AF about those places or coaches. It's yet another Red Herring Dunning-Kruger derived "argument".
The ONLY thing that matters is what can the man with the proven blueprint for the greatest college team ever do, in the exact same fking place

I’ll take Butch ...

... Just to see if the BBB crew stops posting or goes the excuses route when the hot tub time machine doesn’t work.

jump in and see

hot-tub-time-machine.jpeg

Advertisement
“Former players, meanwhile, have continued to push for Davis, who is coming off 8-5 and 9-4 seasons his first two years on the job at FIU. Davis, a source said, has already been contacted.

This is per a Manny Navarro article on The Athletic.

**** my life. We are really going to **** this up

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not keen on this, the man 67 years old. How much longer you expect for him to coach 2 more years?
I'm kind of with you on this one. Mario is a great recruiter too. Just glad Richt did the right thing, much respect. If I had my way it would be Leach with a great D coach, could get him cheaper more money to spend on better coaches. I know many here don't agree it won't happen anyway. Great offensive mind.

Advertisement
Back