Ruiz vs Corben

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is, to this day, he bitterly resents that the University would not let him use the trademark for The U docs, so he’s been throwing a tantrum about it going on over 10 years.
He also resents the fact that the University wouldn't allow him access to currently employed staff. What University would allow a filmmaker access to people, especially knowing that the documentary made a mockery of the administration, and furthered toxic narratives that make it tougher for the administration to do their jobs? We still have idiots on this board that still believe things like "The University steals money from the football program and uses it for other things", or my favorite "The school exists because of the football program". A lot of those narratives got their first mainstream exposure from Billy and his documentary.

Advertisement
As I've said on multiple occasions, I hope Ruiz gets his money and is able to donate. Miami needs all the booster cash they can get their hands on. I also hope the University doesn't allow this guy to be THE guy, because I get strong Sherwood Blount vibes from him. He's the kind of guy that once he gets in will start trying to tell people how to do their jobs. The good news is that right now, Miami has a coach in Cristobal that will deck a booster that dares tell him anything of the sort. What happens if Mario wins, leaves for the NFL(Or whatever) and Miami hires a Bobby Collins type? Exactly.

Theoretically, there is no booster that should be “the guy“, as in the only guy, if you’re doing it right, and I believe we will be. Rad, Cristobal, nor Frenk are idiots, and we have a fairly active compliance department.

I would prefer that Ruiz operated using more traditional forms of communication and behavior, but I’m not going to complain as long as everything is on the level. And right now there’s no indication that it isn’t. Also, as you know, we have other contributors who are much less in the limelight for example, the Mas brothers, etc.

It’s probably more on Rad and his people to manage this than it is anyone else.

I think part of the thing that’s happening now, is that there’s a bit of a leadership and communication vacuum as our departments are going through changes, turnover, and consolidation, so certain things tend to fill that vacuum.

I think this will get more tightened up over the next few weeks and months. We don’t have fools in charge.

I can personally guarantee you that he is exactly what he is.
A loudmouth that despite being wildly successful doesn't know when to shut up?

It reminds me of a politician, that despite being a BILLIONAIRE, married to a attractive model, and in one of the most powerful positions on the planet would be up on Twitter at 3AM having arguments with random people. I just can't wrap my mind around the why. Then again, insecurity is a tough issue to overcome. I hope Ruiz gets his money, I hope he is able to donate to the University and help my alma mater, but I also have doubts that he is able to be the kind of donor we need. We need a Don, someone that speaks softly and handles business. I don't think Ruiz can be that guy. I've brought this up before, dude gives me strong Sherwood Blount vibes, and that's not good.

Theoretically, there is no booster that should be “the guy“, as in the only guy, if you’re doing it right, and I believe we will be. Rad, Cristobal, nor Frenk are idiots, and we have a fairly active compliance department.

I would prefer that Ruiz operated using more traditional forms of communication and behavior, but I’m not going to complain as long as everything is on the level. And right now there’s no indication that it isn’t. Also, as you know, we have other contributors who are much less in the limelight for example, the Mas brothers, etc.

It’s probably more on Rad and his people to manage this than it is anyone else.

I think part of the thing that’s happening now, is that there’s a bit of a leadership and communication vacuum as our departments are going through changes, turnover, and consolidation, so certain things tend to fill that vacuum.

I think this will get more tightened up over the next few weeks and months. We don’t have fools in charge.
That's the one thing that gives me hope. Rad and Mario know what they are doing(Frenk most likely won't be here in 2-3 years, he's **** near done and no amount of football success changes that), and they will do what's right when the time comes. Hopefully, people like the Soffers and that group will continue to up their contributions as well.

Advertisement
A loudmouth that despite being wildly successful doesn't know when to shut up?

It reminds me of a politician, that despite being a BILLIONAIRE, married to a attractive model, and in one of the most powerful positions on the planet would be up on Twitter at 3AM having arguments with random people. I just can't wrap my mind around the why. Then again, insecurity is a tough issue to overcome. I hope Ruiz gets his money, I hope he is able to donate to the University and help my alma mater, but I also have doubts that he is able to be the kind of donor we need. We need a Don, someone that speaks softly and handles business. I don't think Ruiz can be that guy. I've brought this up before, dude gives me strong Sherwood Blount vibes, and that's not good.
As long as the pledges get fulfilled I’m good

That's the one thing that gives me hope. Rad and Mario know what they are doing(Frenk most likely won't be here in 2-3 years, he's **** near done and no amount of football success changes that), and they will do what's right when the time comes. Hopefully, people like the Soffers and that group will continue to up their contributions as well.

Post #142 says STFU. :)

As far as I know Soffer is still quite involved.

Darren Heitner's not a shady attorney. And I'm saying that about a ******* Gator.
I know he isn’t. He wrote the state’s NIL. I said shady attorney in response to the post that said Ruiz is an attorney and as an attorney knows the rules better than most.

Heitners’ retainer and fees right now for this are probably astronomical and he wouldn’t jeopardize his reputation working with people not interested in listening to him and the law. Ruiz wouldn’t be paying for him and he wouldn’t be putting his reputation at risk for future business if he didn’t want to follow the law as it was written.

The whole thing with people *****ing is nutty, but my favorite part is Canedud *****ing about Ruiz being a loudmouth when he is literally the single most condescending blowhard on the board.

Advertisement
As long as the pledges get fulfilled I’m good
Hey, I'm not turning down a dime if dude has it. I just don't want to be my mother, who spent most of my childhood telling me how her alma mater SMU "USED" to be good. That's probably why I see these parallels, because I lived through the ugly aftermath of what happens when an arrogant, power hungry booster lays waste to what was a good program. Luckily, Miami doesn't have yes men at AD and HC.

I know he isn’t. He wrote the state’s NIL. I said shady attorney in response to the post that said Ruiz is an attorney and as an attorney knows the rules better than most.

Heitners’ retainer and fees right now for this are probably astronomical and he wouldn’t jeopardize his reputation working with people not interested in listening to him and the law. Ruiz wouldn’t be paying for him and he wouldn’t be putting his reputation at risk for future business if he didn’t want to follow the law as it was written.

The whole thing with people *****ing is nutty, but my favorite part is Canedud *****ing about Ruiz being a loudmouth when he is literally the single most condescending blowhard on the board.
Is Ruiz using him Bc last I saw heitner posted this about that complaint

this doesn’t sound like someone representing another.

it appears that Ruiz is doing the legsl work bc I doubt heitner would take this on and he seems to agree haha

Hey, I'm not turning down a dime if dude has it. I just don't want to be my mother, who spent most of my childhood telling me how her alma mater SMU "USED" to be good. That's probably why I see these parallels, because I lived through the ugly aftermath of what happens when an arrogant, power hungry booster lays waste to what was a good program. Luckily, Miami doesn't have yes men at AD and HC.

Except NIL is legal and this guy is a prominent attorney doing this according to the law.

But yeah, otherwise it's the exact same thing as Eric ****ersons Trans Am. /eyeroll

Advertisement
Is Ruiz using him Bc last I saw heitner posted this about that complaint

this doesn’t sound like someone representing another.

Indont know if he used him for that complaint but he spoke about how he was involved in one of his earlier tweets or press conferences. Maybe he set up the structure for the new NIL company?

You seem pretty invested in being anti-Ruiz

Advertisement
Indont know if he used him for that complaint but he spoke about how he was involved in one of his earlier tweets or press conferences. Maybe he set up the structure for the new NIL company?
domt Think so esp w how heitner goes at Ruizs work here and would he even worse if Ruiz was his client.
I think Ruiz may have mentioned him though.
eithrr way the whole suit seems like a way to stay in the spotlight. They do like their publicity as it appears. As long as Gil’s deal is done properly

You seem pretty invested in being anti-Ruiz
This is the problem, people like yourself think anyone asking legitimate questions about this guy are "Anti Ruiz", when in reality, we want to have a **** program. If you think Ruiz hasn't raised some red flags, you have some serious blinders on. Dude is wealthy, but it's obvious that he talks despite not having a clue of what he speaks, he makes promises that anyone with an IQ above 70 knows are unlikely AT BEST. That's not a good thing, especially knowing that the NCAA(run by the SEC) is desperate for anything that can limit us on the national scene.

Except NIL is legal and this guy is a prominent attorney doing this according to the law.

But yeah, otherwise it's the exact same thing as Eric ****ersons Trans Am. /eyeroll
Problem is that Heitner didn't do that work. That brief reads like trash, that's the kind of brief that gets drawn up by a 2L for mock, and it's made fun of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back