Ruiz vs Corben

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father once told me 'if a guy walks into the bar and wants to bet you money he can do something that looks impossible, don't bet him because he already knows he can do it.' Ruiz walked into the bar and said he's gonna do something that everyone thinks is impossible. I'm conflicted but wish I could take the bet because I'd like to see him do it.

Your father came from a time when men were men. Not attention seeking whores.

Biggest problem with Ruiz is that he’s not a billionaire (at least yet)… and he could do what he is doing privately and without a PR campaign.

I don’t think his publicity stunts are helping Cristobal recruit in any meaningful way. NIL deals alone do the job there.

The school also has to be careful because the CURRENT law requires fair market value NIL deals and prohibits school involvement.

Advertisement
Your father came from a time when men were men. Not attention seeking whores.

Biggest problem with Ruiz is that he’s not a billionaire (at least yet)… and he could do what he is doing privately and without a PR campaign.

I don’t think his publicity stunts are helping Cristobal recruit in any meaningful way. NIL deals alone do the job there.

The school also has to be careful because the CURRENT law requires fair market value NIL deals and prohibits school involvement.
I know you're right but I'm glad he's changing the national narrative that Miami doesn't have money or wont spend it and facilities and all that blah blah blah. It's a double edged sword I guess. They need a PR firm or something to help them stay focused.

Advertisement
I told the story on here before, he rarely shows up to the games as far as I can tell.

One time I noticed him, it was an FSU night game, sold out, and Corben and his (out of his league) date, that towered about a foot over him, kept getting up every five minutes to go to the bathroom. Really annoying.
lol what a junkie

Except his "calling out" of the local officials (which I absolutely agree is beyond needed but by credible sources) only consists of him saying everything is a real estate hustle, incessantly predicting that Miami will be underwater in 5 years and doing what one could* deem as racist impersonations of Suarez and Carollo- a dumbass and a scumbag but not exactly actually sounding like a how an actual racist would mimic their voices.
He is racist. Specifically towards Cubans and other Hispanics. I’ve had arguments with him about it before. He’s also a shill for Democratic Party. He can’t be taken seriously. Corruption is corruption no matter what party you are from. It should be called out on BOTH sides not just whenever it fits your political beliefs. This city and school would be best off if he just moved his *** to San Francisco.

Advertisement
I think he's a complete asshat
I liked his early documentaries but like all uber progressives he's gone off the deep end. He brings nothing to the table but snark, criticism, and complaints.

Miami's alumni base has some real ride or die graduates however there isn't another school that has more alumni that have absolutely sh1tted on their school than Miami. Clark, lebatard, Corben, that female lawyer that was wrking with the NCAA.

Advertisement
He’s right about the real estate. There are parts of miami that flood like crazy during a simple rain storm - edgwster area

Dude there are parts of Miami that flood on bright, sunny, rainless days when the tide is high.

Last edited:
You can’t use the nil to recruit players to your school I’m terms of what is in th deal. Also each states nil laws are different

I know, which is why it's great that this is being structured by a lawyer to be compliant. Just like Texas did with their $50k for each OL that netted them the two Oregon OL commits we were after.

Advertisement
Ok. I have been trying to follow Ruiz Family and their deal coming up. What if it doesn’t happen? Then they wouldn’t have money for this stadium deal, right??
Dont speak too loud you will get attacked for being negative.

has he actually said this? all i've seen him say is that the stadium where the team plays is important and that that is something they will look at in the future,.
Rad isn’t stupid. He isn’t going to offend the Dolphins publicly but if you read between the lines, he certainly is going to keep an open mind about any possible opportunity to a free, state of the art, stadium down the street from campus.

If there is one thing Miami has shown us the last several months is that a lot of things get in motion behind the scenes with this new era. Way too much smoke here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back