Ruiz vs Corben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tad, my boy, what you've done here is anti-semetic. What you are doing is trying to weaponize Corben's Judaism against him deliberately.

Let me put it this way, if we were talking about a guy who changed his name from Smith to Jones, would you have even mentioned it? You are deliberately framing "Cohen" in a negative light, calling out the fact that Corben is actually ****** as a way to disparage him, as if being ****** is a bad thing. It's textbook anti-semetism.

Please just consider that and how it makes you look, not too mention how it could be offensive and inappropriate. I loathe Corben, but we're better than that.
I'll cease with it because I don't want it to be perceived that way and a college football messageboard isn't the best forum for nuance. I also don't want to give ammunition to his defenders either.

I'll just say this though- I only used it as an insult to the guy in that I believe it exemplifies how fake he is. I'd also posit that it could be viewed as an insult to that community that he did change it.

At the end of the day the juice of the insult isn't worth the potential problematic nature of the squeeze so point taken.

Also I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting the Ruiz's to be careful about what they say publicly regarding NIL & Recruits, right now the NCAA can't touch us. Don't give them the ammo to do so.

But this is the problem. Everyone thinks they are a lawyer now. NIL is LEGAL. We are not giving them any "ammo" because its LEGAL LEGAL LEGAL and for christ sakes, the guy who is doing it happens to also be a high powered LAWYER. What is wrong with our fan base? You can't write this stuff.

Texas publicly announced their NIL deals for their OL at $50k a pop. SABAN even mentioned his QB getting $1M. And that's the SCHOOL, not an outside entity. But twitters and msg board posters want to advise and warn him and the U on their exposure lol.

Ruiz can, and SHOULD be shilling the fact that he is throwing big NIL money at recruits and players, cause its a GOD **** TOOL TO LURE AND RECRUIT WITH. That's the whole point. The PR and reach of it.

The stupidity of calling out the golden goose we've been begging for all these years is mind-boggling. Everyone here should be writing thank you letters to the Ruiz'.

Also I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting the Ruiz's to be careful about what they say publicly regarding NIL & Recruits, right now the NCAA can't touch us. Don't give them the ammo to do so.
But by a local Miami show calling him out publicly also doesn’t help UM..who else is seeing and taking notice…if they really cared call him privately (he seems like a reasonable guy)…what has he done so far that’s raising concern besides us being paranoid of the past repeating itself

Advertisement
I'll cease with it because I don't want it to be perceived that way and a college football messageboard isn't the best forum for nuance. I also don't want to give ammunition to his defenders either.

I'll just say this though- I only used it as an insult to the guy in that I believe it exemplifies how fake he is. I'd also posit that it could be viewed as an insult to that community that he did change it.

At the end of the day the juice of the insult isn't worth the potential problematic nature of the squeeze so point taken.

Much appreciated, brother. I know your heart (by that I mean the cold, darkest parts of it that were thankfully trying to destroy that fool Corben) is in the right place. ✌️

What is wrong with having very little friends? One of my neighbors and his wife are midgets and they are good people and great friends.
Wait What Reaction GIF

But this is the problem. Everyone thinks they are a lawyer now. NIL is LEGAL. We are not giving them any "ammo" because its LEGAL LEGAL LEGAL and for christ sakes, the guy who is doing it happens to also be a high powered LAWYER. What is wrong with our fan base? You can't write this stuff.

Texas publicly announced their NIL deals for their OL at $50k a pop. SABAN even mentioned his QB getting $1M. And that's the SCHOOL, not an outside entity. But twitters and msg board posters want to advise and warn him and the U on their exposure lol.

Ruiz can, and SHOULD be shilling the fact that he is throwing big NIL money at recruits and players, cause its a GOD **** TOOL TO LURE AND RECRUIT WITH. That's the whole point. The PR and reach of it.

The stupidity of calling out the golden goose we've been begging for all these years is mind-boggling. Everyone here should be writing thank you letters to the Ruiz'.

IMHO, you are mixing two points......its great to excite recruits, but picking online fights is not the way to do it.

Advertisement
Tad, my boy, what you've done here is anti-semetic. What you are doing is trying to weaponize Corben's Judaism against him deliberately.

Let me put it this way, if we were talking about a guy who changed his name from Smith to Jones, would you have even mentioned it? You are deliberately framing "Cohen" in a negative light, calling out the fact that Corben is actually ****** as a way to disparage him, as if being ****** is a bad thing. It's textbook anti-semetism.

Please just consider that and how it makes you look, not too mention how it could be offensive and inappropriate. I loathe Corben, but we're better than that.
Ty for saying that... When I see that stuff it makes me understand why someone presents themselves in the manner they do... Some just don't realize it or just don't care...

But by a local Miami show calling him out publicly also doesn’t help UM..who else is seeing and taking notice…if they really cared call him privately (he seems like a reasonable guy)…what has he done so far that’s raising concern besides us being paranoid of the past repeating itself
Not to mention Havernick posting screenshots of the tweet that Ruiz deleted about Shemar Stewart too.

These guys want to claim that Ruiz is bad news for the school but THEY'LL actively expose the school for their own interests or pile on it like Corben did post Yahoo and Shapiro.

Advertisement
Ok. I have been trying to follow Ruiz Family and their deal coming up. What if it doesn’t happen? Then they wouldn’t have money for this stadium deal, right??

Not to mention Havernick posting screenshots of the tweet that Ruiz deleted about Shemar Stewart too.

These guys want to claim that Ruiz is bad news for the school but THEY'LL actively expose the school for their own interests or pile on it like Corben did post Yahoo and Shapiro.
Great point…smh

I hope Ruiz is legit. However in my experience the old saying “if something seems too good to be true, it probably is” is correct 99.9% of the time.

Also, unpopular opinion…I like Billy Corben. We need people like him calling out the corruption and incompetence of South Florida elected officials.

Advertisement

The other problem is people conflate Nevin the ponzi schemer with Nevin the booster. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

The booster activities would be perfectly legal now if structured right. Ruiz has retained the guy who helped write Florida’s bill to assist with that.

This guy is loud, but so is Elon Musk or Mark Cuban. Not every loud wealthy person runs a Ponzi scheme.

I agree. I also think he’s directly inviting the NCAA to the ring with him to try to burn them to the ground in a large law suit with potentially multiple private companies/individuals across the country.

Attacking the NIL now involves companies and not just the old NCAA against the school with the athletes as hostages.

I hope Ruiz is legit. However in my experience the old saying “if something seems too good to be true, it probably is” is correct 99.9% of the time.

Also, unpopular opinion…I like Billy Corben. We need people like him calling out the corruption and incompetence of South Florida elected officials.
Except his "calling out" of the local officials (which I absolutely agree is beyond needed but by credible sources) only consists of him saying everything is a real estate hustle, incessantly predicting that Miami will be underwater in 5 years and doing what one could* deem as racist impersonations of Suarez and Carollo- a dumbass and a scumbag but not exactly actually sounding like a how an actual racist would mimic their voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back