Ruiz vs Corben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They had a whole podcast with another miami
Booster Izzy the other day throwing shade at Ruiz. Trying to bring to light what Ruiz is doing is illegal. So dumb.
Izzy Havenick? As in the other side of the Hecht family? If his ego can’t take another family stepping up to support the program, they should step back up. That building was paid for, built, and named a long time ago.

I ain't reading it, but will just say that while Corben has done some fine documentary work over the years, he comes off as extremely grating in the interviews that I've seen, as well as on social media.
It's a strange one isn't it?

There isn't a better marketing tool than those ESPN 30 for 30: The U / The U part 2 documentaries.

Corben himself though seems to be a tool.

Advertisement
Yea. He was on the Lebatard show with Corben, and they were all talking about Ruiz.
Here it is. Such a joke. Notice Havernick never alludes to anything he or his family are doing NOW in relation to donations while trashing Ruiz AND demanding eternal credit AND claiming that his grandmother "saved" Miami football from my namesake planing to drop the entire program. Sure.

A dog track owner and a professional leech in Cohen are the arbiters of "truth" here.

I don't mind real fans around here having doubts about Ruiz's bluster but this "old guard" around the program are the same morons that are willing to do anything to grasp to power that they no longer deserve- see David Epstein.

My God, Cohen is so insufferable and such a transparent hack and leech with this stuff too. God bless Mike Ryan but he's also part of a platform giving constant oxygen to this crap.

Here it is. Such a joke. Notice Havernick never alludes to anything he or his family are doing NOW in relation to donations while trashing Ruiz AND demanding eternal credit AND claiming that his grandmother "saved" Miami football from my namesake planing to drop the entire program. Sure.

A dog track owner and a professional leech in Cohen are the arbiters of "truth" here.

I don't mind real fans around here having doubts about Ruiz's bluster but this "old guard" around the program are the same morons that are willing to do anything to grasp to power that they no longer deserve- see David Epstein.

My God, Cohen is so insufferable and such a transparent hack and leech with this stuff too. God bless Mike Ryan but he's also part of a platform giving constant oxygen to this crap.

Not sure why Mike would have them on the show, it seems like Mike knows what’s going on and is behind Ruiz a little bit. But the fact that they did and bringing this **** more to light is infuriating and so Miami.

Only at UM would you have Miami boosters, exposing other Miami boosters. Trying to shoot down the football team achieving greatness before it even gets there again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure why Mike would have them on the show, it seems like Mike knows what’s going on and is behind Ruiz a little bit. But the fact that they did and bringing this **** more to light is infuriating and so Miami.

Only at UM would you have Miami boosters, exposing other Miami boosters. Trying to shoot down the football team achieving greatness before it even gets there again.
I don't know Mike personally so my defense of him and his motivations has to be limited to some extent but I'd probably just say it isn't his show and Lebatard loves Cohen and Cohen probably facilitated having Havernick on.

Advertisement
🙄...Ruiz, or any booster for that matter is irrelevant for a fan to discuss. If you donate cool, if you don't cool. Money to the school I'll never see or touch as long as I'm a fan. Yes I'm aware this is apart of the game in college football. However, it's getting aggravating to hear fans jumping on another grown man's *******, like he's Caesar. I could care less about promises that are made over social media, because they get you nowhere. Half of the fans won't spend money to attend a game, but want a stranger to donate millions. Continue to waste your energy and get caught up in the side show if you want, but you're wasting your energy.

He should be thanking the Ruiz Family for picking up the slack of the last thirty years and bringing the facilities bearing his family’s name into the modern era.

🙄...Ruiz, or any booster for that matter is irrelevant for a fan to discuss. If you donate cool, if you don't cool. Money to the school I'll never see or touch as long as I'm a fan. Yes I'm aware this is apart of the game in college football. However, it's getting aggravating to hear fans jumping on another grown man's *******, like he's Caesar. I could care less about promises that are made over social media, because they get you nowhere. Half of the fans won't spend money to attend a game, but want a stranger to donate millions. Continue to waste your energy and get caught up in the side show if you want, but you're wasting your energy.
I'd agree to a certain extent but I'd also say the amount of people jumping on his ******* is largely just a strawman created by those that want to attack him. I just see no real reason (yet) or why the energy is being spent on the later- aside from the people with ulterior motives like Cohen and apparently Havernick here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back