Ruiz stadium update

Advertisement
???? It is a Dade County PARK with baseball fields, tennis courts, jogging trails, equestrian arena with stalls. It is a green space in the middle of a high density residential and commercial area that is used by thousands of people every day, with many events on the calendar for the community and different organizations. It is not a chunk of vacant land sitting off somewhere neglected. The land is not for sale and any change of use for a large portion of that land is going to have to be VOTED on and approved by residents.
Does it have a Golf Course?
No?
Useless?..

Does it have a Golf Course?
No?
Useless?..
This is used by families and social groups. Soccer leagues, youth soccer leagues, baseball leagues, softball leagues, tennis, racketball, basketball. Not an idle property by any means.

Residents opposed to upgrading tropical park need their head examined. The place is a dump.

Better yet, Ruiz buys the Marlins, flips the team to an owner in another state, and uses the profit to renovate the baseball stadium back to a football stadium.
I don't sense a strong desire from Ruiz to have []__[] in Little Havana, and question the idea that a baseball family would flip the Marlins?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yall just gotta let rich folks do what they do. No need to concern yourselves with the how.

Dudes always crying about how this and how that. Lol

It's a somewhat rundown poorly maintained public park with budget issues that is used every week by thousands of people and has a small football stadium already anyway and would become a fully renovated and massively improved public park with tons of various world-class athletic facilities and even medical services for the community that would become the shining star of public facilities in the county, maybe the country, while a small percentage of the amount of land that is allotted to football is increased, that would be used by even more people, as well as high schools, colleges, and the community.

I'm sure that's what you meant to write. Right?
its not really run down as far as miami dade county parks go (the ones solely operated by dade county and not by individual cities (Aventura, miami lakes, Kendall, etc.). the proposal so far would be an upgrade but there are a lot of factors that a lot of those voters dont give a **** bout

you also forgot to include that it takes years away from public use that residents still use daily and there would be opposition to that as a lot of dont care for anther stadium or even about football that much even in that area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have no interest in reading through 1000+ posts so I'll ask it here: Has there been any info on stadium seating capacity? If so, what are they aiming for?

I have no interest in reading through 1000+ posts so I'll ask it here: Has there been any info on stadium seating capacity? If so, what are they aiming for?
You mean the stadium with 10% probability of ever being built? Yeah .... latest comments from Ruiz were "65,000 seat capacity, 16,000 parking spaces including some underneath the stadium, and a retractable roof". Sounds like something with a $1 Billion + price tag.

Advertisement
You mean the stadium with 10% probability of ever being built? Yeah .... latest comments from Ruiz were "65,000 seat capacity, 16,000 parking spaces including some underneath the stadium, and a retractable roof". Sounds like something with a $1 Billion + price tag.

Well over 1 billion. Might even be closer to 2 billion if every feature that’s been quoted is actually implemented.

Post #1000
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

if this land were easy to gain, we would have bought it up years ago to build a stadium. Ruiz didn't have some novel idea about tropical park
Agreed that it's certainly not a novel idea but I'm highly skeptical that it was ever actually pursued with any real motivation.

Foote certainly didn't do it and Shalala only really offers excuses on every front when questioned about this issue and they're usually just based on what her opinions were at the time. That's actually fine if you're in that position of power to make judgment calls but they need to be deemed as that and not as having exhausted every possibility (like Tropical Park) with the full weight and political power of UM and friends.

Advertisement
Back