Ruiz stadium update

Perfect spot for the stadium is right here. On campus, traffic can feed into US1, people can walk to the metro station down the street, and nobody will miss an elementary school being relocated somewhere else nearby. You only play 6-8 home games a year, if locals can tolerate a baseball schedule, they can tolerate a couple more days for football.
View attachment 199305
i give up GIF

Advertisement
His endorsement will mean diddly squat to the residents that I think ultimately will have the final say. It’s really between them and the commissioners.
That's why I said the first of many dominos that will need to fall. You'll still need at least some political backing even if the endpoint is a public referendum type deal.

lol at nobody will miss a school being relocated lol you need wayyyyy. more room than that for a football stadium

You're probably right, just seems like you've got to have atleast 100 yards there. We don't need 100k seat stadium. Give me 50k hardcore fans packed in on bleachers and a concession for booze and it'll be rockin'.

That's why I said the first of many dominos that will need to fall. You'll still need at least some political backing even if the endpoint is a public referendum type deal.

I don’t know how hard the first part will be, I know the second part will be extremely hard.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I can’t project what the actual public appetite will be for this. In chemical kinetics, this would be known as the rate limiting step. In a reaction, or in a political action, which this is, this would be the step at which the process either ends, or is significantly slowed, with a hoped-for eventual end point of approval.

So to me, this is the key issue.

assuming Souto is replaced by a newcomer, the newcomer will have significantly less clout/importance than Souto who has been on the commission since 1950. his importance or effect will not be critical.

Advertisement
Why would I “conveniently” leave out something that had zero to do w/ the lease agreement which was the question? USC chose to spend that money b/c they wanted to transform the Coliseum in to something more than just USC football. HENCE, they’ve had several events there such as a mega concert, weddings, NASCAR, Monster Trucks etc. in which USC pocketed the revenue & will continue to pocket the revenue.
Dude, weddings? Tell me you got a look to go? How many of us would have had or nuptials with The City of Miami Welcomes you to the Orange Bowl above the padre. Just to cover my bases, I know, a ton of you would have had it in the West End Zone. Weddings, that is a new one for me Rell.

agreed. once that stadium was built, it was done. I like the marlins so I dont want them to leave, but people also have to get that the county was never going to pay to upkeep the OB at the end. it was a BS deal they gave the school so they can tear it down and give the land to the marlins. the OB was trash att he end too and it would never work for the modern crowd in todays environment. you need real amenities otherwise people will stay home and watch games.
I know I am a minority here with this take but if the Marlins ever become serious about winning, that stadium is full. It’s actually a great environment and place to watch a game when there is a buzz. The WBC and All Star game were amazing experiences.

The biggest reason for a stadium ... UM's own stadium ... is the long term security of a high quality venue for UM. Like somebody pointed out earlier ... Ross is 80 years old and UM provides little financial impact on the overall Hardrock Stadium business. He has been good to UM. Will a new owner? Nobody knows. Having "their own" 60,000 - 65,000 stadium with a decent amount of parking, a stadium built FOR football, with high quality amenities, would be an outstanding plus for the PROGRAM and for UM. I drive 275 miles each way and generally get a hotel for the night of game day. So, I will just leave an hour earlier, and drive 300 miles, to ensure getting there early enough to get a parking space. Hope it happens ... love my Club Seats at Hard Rock ... hope they DO HAVE Club seats at UM Stadium. Chance of it actually happening? No idea .. 20%? Higher?
I have no dog in the fight since I drive from Alabama for home games. It's still going to be a 13 hour drive regardless of location. But I will say I hope the amenities in the club level are just as good as hard rocks if it does happen. When I go to other teams stadiums it makes me appreciate hard Rock even more.

Advertisement
Is any of it taxpayer funded? If not what’s the issue then the land? If the land is so valuable what is the government’s proposal for its future use.

I swear to God South Florida politicians are the most miserable and incompetent people on earth.

I have no dog in the fight since I drive from Alabama for home games. It's still going to be a 13 hour drive regardless of location. But I will say I hope the amenities in the club level are just as good as hard rocks if it does happen. When I go to other teams stadiums it makes me appreciate hard Rock even more.
Props to you sir for making that drive on the reg. True Cane.

Ruiz is gonna need some political muscle behind and I wonder how much clout our ex coach’s old man still has down there and if he will be a help or a hindrance after his kid got canned…

I know I am a minority here with this take but if the Marlins ever become serious about winning, that stadium is full. It’s actually a great environment and place to watch a game when there is a buzz. The WBC and All Star game were amazing experiences.
youre correct.

Advertisement
Ruiz is gonna need some political muscle behind and I wonder how much clout our ex coach’s old man still has down there and if he will be a help or a hindrance after his kid got canned…

That guy is not going have anything to do with it. When his son was still coaching here, I kept telling everyone that he doesn’t have the power and influence that people think he does. He certainly didn’t have any influence with BOT like people thought or Manny would still be here. He’s going to have even less influence with the powers that be regarding this project.

Dude, weddings? Tell me you got a look to go? How many of us would have had or nuptials with The City of Miami Welcomes you to the Orange Bowl above the padre. Just to cover my bases, I know, a ton of you would have had it in the West End Zone. Weddings, that is a new one for me Rell.

All $$ is good $$, even w/ a matrimony is involved. Lol.

Is any of it taxpayer funded? If not what’s the issue then the land? If the land is so valuable what is the government’s proposal for its future use.

I swear to God South Florida politicians are the most miserable and incompetent people on earth.

it is a public park and one that is used every week by thousands of people

Advertisement

???? It is a Dade County PARK with baseball fields, tennis courts, jogging trails, equestrian arena with stalls. It is a green space in the middle of a high density residential and commercial area that is used by thousands of people every day, with many events on the calendar for the community and different organizations. It is not a chunk of vacant land sitting off somewhere neglected. The land is not for sale and any change of use for a large portion of that land is going to have to be VOTED on and approved by residents.

???? It is a Dade County PARK with baseball fields, tennis courts, jogging trails, equestrian arena with stalls. It is a green space in the middle of a high density residential and commercial area that is used by thousands of people every day, with many events on the calendar for the community and different organizations. It is not a chunk of vacant land sitting off somewhere neglected. The land is not for sale and any change of use for a large portion of that land is going to have to be VOTED on and approved by residents.
if this land were easy to gain, we would have bought it up years ago to build a stadium. Ruiz didn't have some novel idea about tropical park

it is a public park and one that is used every week by thousands of people

It's a somewhat rundown poorly maintained public park with budget issues that is used every week by thousands of people and has a small football stadium already anyway and would become a fully renovated and massively improved public park with tons of various world-class athletic facilities and even medical services for the community that would become the shining star of public facilities in the county, maybe the country, while a small percentage of the amount of land that is allotted to football is increased, that would be used by even more people, as well as high schools, colleges, and the community.

I'm sure that's what you meant to write. Right?

It's a somewhat rundown poorly maintained public park with budget issues that is used every week by thousands of people and has a small football stadium already anyway and would become a fully renovated and massively improved public park with tons of various world-class athletic facilities and even medical services for the community that would become the shining star of public facilities in the county, maybe the country, while a small percentage of the amount of land that is allotted to football is increased, that would be used by even more people, as well as high schools, colleges, and the community.

I'm sure that's what you meant to write. Right?
^ how do you know this?

Advertisement
Back