Rozay on Gameday?

Ross is one of my favorites, but he doesn't rep The U at all. Horrible choice if true.

View attachment 53714

AT ALL though?

:monkey-serious:

We need to stop confusing people that wear throwback gear with being anywhere near actual fans.

you said REP Miami.. He wore it to the BET Hip-Hop awards.. could have decided to wear anything else but he and everyone else decided to REP Miami.. And for what its worth he mentions the U in lyrics and finds a way to promote and rep Miami every chance he gets

Advertisement
If its not the Rock or A Rod ESPN has failed.

It's not going to be the Rock, he's in the middle of filming his Die Hard ripoff in Vancouver. Doubt he flies all the way to Miami for a 5 minute spot on Gameday.

Gameday usually pays for the flights for the picker. They have a sponsor. I hear what your saying but I would venture a guess the Rock is a producer on said movie ripoff so he can tell everyone to STFU for a day and go do Gameday. I'll still hold out hope.

Not to mention a chance to promote the movie.

Plus it looks like the movie is supposed to wrap up filming this week. What better to do after spending months working in Vancouver than watch your team play the biggest game of the year in the warmth of Miami?

Last edited:

It's not going to be the Rock, he's in the middle of filming his Die Hard ripoff in Vancouver. Doubt he flies all the way to Miami for a 5 minute spot on Gameday.

Heard the same on Joe Rose this morning.

i follow the rock on twitter and he doesn't show us any love whatsoever. does anyone know if there was a falling out between him and the school over something? i know he gave a lot of money for the players lounge or locker room.

Ross is one of my favorites, but he doesn't rep The U at all. Horrible choice if true.

View attachment 53714

AT ALL though?

We need to stop confusing people that wear throwback gear with being anywhere near actual fans.

Exactly. How many black people are NASCAR fans? But folks were walking around wearing those M&M and DuPont jackets for a time.

LOL that's two different things because FOOTBALL is MIAMI so to compare a random Black person wearing a NASCAR jacket to Rick Ross wearing a UM jacket is a stupid analogy.. and also I would like to point out the fact that being a fan because you went to the school and being a fan because you are from Miami usually have two different meanings..

Advertisement

View attachment 53714

AT ALL though?

Exactly. How many black people are NASCAR fans? But folks were walking around wearing those M&M and DuPont jackets for a time.

LOL that's two different things because FOOTBALL is MIAMI so to compare a random Black person wearing a NASCAR jacket to Rick Ross wearing a UM jacket is a stupid analogy.. and also I would like to point out the fact that being a fan because you went to the school and being a fan because you are from Miami usually have two different meanings..

rick ross would be a horrible choice. he appeals to a small niche, isn't even a big UM guy and didn't attend the school. i would give it to 10 people before him.

rick ross would be a horrible choice. he appeals to a small niche, isn't even a big UM guy and didn't attend the school. i would give it to 10 people before him.

That niche happens to be the bloodline of the program.. as someone mentioned in a few post above, do you think Rick Ross being on Gameday wouldn't resonate with recruits? I mean who are we trying to appease more than them?

Gtfoh with this Ross crap. There are so many better options than a guy who has nothing to with UM.

Advertisement

That niche happens to be the bloodline of the program.. as someone mentioned in a few post above, do you think Rick Ross being on Gameday wouldn't resonate with recruits? I mean who are we trying to appease more than them?

its not like we get to pick the picker. espn picks them to make the show more interesting. most people have no idea who rick ross is and he has nothing to do with UM.

It'll be effective maybe marginally more than this kinda stuff does. Because fraud fans can't ever just be associated with one program. Would it surprise you to see Ol' CO Roberts....errrr....Rick Ross showing up at some SEC game in their gear before this even resonates with any recruits?

3835f6f3453bc5f72c6a457aba14e9e0--miami-hurricanes-the-s.jpg

Heard the same on Joe Rose this morning.

i follow the rock on twitter and he doesn't show us any love whatsoever. does anyone know if there was a falling out between him and the school over something? i know he gave a lot of money for the players lounge or locker room.

He's a global icon and ONE of the most successful active entertainers. He's also probably running for president one day. The guy can't be alienating most of the country by talking shi on twitter to our rivals.

FWIW he tweeted after last year's FSU game saying he still watches all our games and is impressed by CMR. He also gave the biggest football donation anyone's ever given us. Dude also created a whole series just to show off his UM helmet behind his character's desk. Come on bro.

Ross is a fake ****. He aint no Cane! Dude was a corrections officer, and tried to hide it and even faked his whole " gangsta life" to get street cred. I'd invite Vanilla Ice over Ross any day. At least fake *** Vanilla still reps The U on his house flipping show.

Advertisement
The only reason Rick Ross would be on there is so ESPN can do a segment on Chad Thomas's musical background; kid is ultra-talented and I think someone already mentioned this but he produced beats for Rick Ross. Still would prefer a true cane over him though

its not like we get to pick the picker. espn picks them to make the show more interesting. most people have no idea who rick ross is and he has nothing to do with UM.

Lol @ anyone who thinks the team players and recruits from SF (Miami) especially will not take notice and be excited if Rick Ross is repping the U as the Gameday celebrity guest..

Advertisement
Maybe he can wear this sweeeet chain? Close the thread. This nonsense is why some people still defend Puke too. Ohhhhh, he's a Cane at heart though! FOH.

552142.jpg

Nice try but did these times make him not a Canes Fan or does it give any legitimate concerns for him being our current coach... I think yal take this fandom thing a lil too serious sometimes lulz..

View attachment 53731
View attachment 53732

Hahaha. That's a real solid comparison, bro. Ya got me!

It's not about taking fandom too seriously. I just have a low tolerance for a lot of the leeches that attach themselves to our program only when it benefits them.

Advertisement
Back