Rousseau Opts out - F****

So if a player opts out (doesn't sign with a agent), don't participate in football activities and get covid. Is it on the team to get him medical attention or is he on his own?

Advertisement
Not that there's going to be a season anyway, but Rousseau quitting and turning pro after 6 games of tape is the most (post-2001) Miami Hurricanes football move ever.

I hope the university doesn’t allow him to use their facilities to train. Honor the scholarship but take away his access to the things that are prepping players for the season he said was too much of a risk to play in. Can’t have it both ways. Seeing him utilizing the facilities will undoubtably create animosity from those players who are “risking” what he is to chicken**** to do.

I hope they have enough film on him to get him into the first round. I think with Roche on the other side, he would have had a huge year, but maybe last year was enough for NFL scouts.
6’6 with that length, able to play inside and out, and put up 15.5 sacks w/o starting for a quarter of the season?? Trust me; in this passing league we’re now in, he’s going top 64. He’s a freak of nature that sacks QBs w/ little wear & tear on his body. And he’s young.

Drew knew what he was doing signing this kid, fa sho. Although, he could’ve solidified a top 10 spot had he came back and had another 10+ sack season. If there’s a season, he may regret opting out.

Last edited:
6’6 with that length, able to play inside and out, and put up 15.5 sacks w/o starting for a quarter of the season?? Trust me; in this passing league we’re now in, he’s going top 64. He’s a freak of nature that sacks QBs w/ little wear & tear on his body. And he’s young.

Drew knew what he was doing signing this kid, fa sho. Although, he could’ve solidified a top 10 spot had he came back and had another 10+ sack season. If there’s a season, he may regret opting out.
To Drew, the risk was that Rousseau would sign with someone else, not Covid or injury.

Advertisement
At some point sports whether professional or college will have to get used to playing with Covid around. This isn’t going away completely so cancelled seasons isn’t the answer. If kids want to opt out then so be it but they should leave it up to the individual kid. If they cancel 2-3 years of college football then that would be the end of college football.

I love that GR15 is a sure fire top 15 pick based on half a season. No one on this board has ever overrated any of our players.

It's hard to get better when you're not playing. He will lose 1 full year of development. Training on your own is very different than practicing with your team and playing in games.
084B2FE8-E224-48AA-AB0E-A585839D1FD7.png

Advertisement
Not that there's going to be a season anyway, but Rousseau quitting and turning pro after 6 games of tape is the most (post-2001) Miami Hurricanes football move ever.
Not only that but quitting through text while having an agent already lined up. Couldn't be man enough to give Manny a call. Spineless. I'm glad Phillips took #15. Shows what his teammates think of him. Next man up.

He's by far the weakest prospect (at the moment) of all the early opt outs. Bateman is the best WR prospect in years, flawless player, Parsons is a generational off-ball LB prospect, Farley is a stud, Moore could have shown better hands and perimeter skills but he's been a known commodity since he was a Fr. Rousseau OTOH...

Poor run defense, lack of power or explosion as a pass rusher, lack of film and experience. There are major question marks about his game. Overinflated sack total combined with his traits should be enough to go 1st round but he had the chance to solidify a top 5 spot even in just a few games before wrapping it up. The hype he's getting now might not sustain when coaches start evaluating film and raising concerns.

It's a bad look that he raced to sign with an agent and shut things down despite where things are trending. I wanna see the day when we get a high-rated player like Derrick Brown who turns down the NFL knowing he can improve his game, show more and earn more in the long run.

Advertisement
So your significant other violated HIPAA laws? Interesting.
Here it is again for being a clown and trying to give mis and inaugurate information...... Actually that’s a bit trollish of you...

Attachments

• C9A533BE-E87D-44E9-8633-8FBD0206C03E.jpeg
    C9A533BE-E87D-44E9-8633-8FBD0206C03E.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Advertisement
He's by far the weakest prospect (at the moment) of all the early opt outs. Bateman is the best WR prospect in years, flawless player, Parsons is a generational off-ball LB prospect, Farley is a stud, Moore could have shown better hands and perimeter skills but he's been a known commodity since he was a Fr. Rousseau OTOH...

Poor run defense, lack of power or explosion as a pass rusher, lack of film and experience. There are major question marks about his game. Overinflated sack total combined with his traits should be enough to go 1st round but he had the chance to solidify a top 5 spot even in just a few games before wrapping it up. The hype he's getting now might not sustain when coaches start evaluating film and raising concerns.

It's a bad look that he raced to sign with an agent and shut things down despite where things are trending. I wanna see the day when we get a high-rated player like Derrick Brown who turns down the NFL knowing he can improve his game, show more and earn more in the long run.

The lighting quick signing with Rosenhaus was very odd.

Texting Manny at the press conference saying he was gonna opt out was odd.

Something fishy happened behind the scenes. I wouldn’t put it past Rosenhaus.

He could of opted out and waited to see what happened, but he signed like an hour after telling Manny.

This kid is not getting drafted in the 1st round with only one year of playing football under his belt. People are gonna think he's soft and not committed.

Whatever. If the kid wants to "opt out," he's probably a locker room cancer anyway. Next man up.

What are the chances Roche is able to improve his draft stock so much so that he leapfrogs Rousseau?

Advertisement
Back