Rousseau commits!

One of the most interesting prospects in the class.

I know we're recruiting Rousseau as a pass rusher but I like him in McCloud's role as LB on the field side. That will enable him to use his length and movement skills playing in space.

Like @Mahoney-Pearson said, he has great bend and can tackle in the open field. Maybe he's a natural pass rusher, but the highlights don't show it and he has a ways to go from a strength perspective. Either way, he will be pretty unique.

that's the issue I have with guys saying /...oh hes like "Randy Gregory..hes like Barkevious Mingo". I would eat a 205-220 pd de for breakfast and most college tackles would. His RANGE is what makes him unique....coming off the edge..matched up against ....rb's. He doesn't have much tape doing it..but I see him at the SLB. Brian Burns is light..but the kid is pretty strong and played in the trenches his whole hs career. This kid has more athletic ability in the open space...with some pass rush ability.Line him up on the wide side and disguise what he will be doing.

Advertisement
Him enrolling early would be the best move he could make.

You don't see guys his size, hawk down ballcarriers.

Very excited about the future of the D-Line

I know we're recruiting Rousseau as a pass rusher but I like him in McCloud's role as LB on the field side. That will enable him to use his length and movement skills playing in space.

Like @Mahoney-Pearson said, he has great bend and can tackle in the open field. Maybe he's a natural pass rusher, but the highlights don't show it and he has a ways to go from a strength perspective. Either way, he will be pretty unique.

that's the issue I have with guys saying /...oh hes like "Randy Gregory..hes like Barkevious Mingo". I would eat a 205-220 pd de for breakfast and most college tackles would. His RANGE is what makes him unique....coming off the edge..matched up against ....rb's. He doesn't have much tape doing it..but I see him at the SLB. Brian Burns is light..but the kid is pretty strong and played in the trenches his whole hs career. This kid has more athletic ability in the open space...with some pass rush ability.Line him up on the wide side and disguise what he will be doing.

I love this guy!!!

He was originally rated a top 250 by Rivals as a WR! Such a great athlete and football player that can project at multiple positions.

Just turned 17 on April 5!

Has a big frame at 6'6" 210 that will fill out, remember Jo Jackson came in at 6'5" 235 but he was already 19. Rousseau could easily pack on 20-30 pounds over the next 2 years especially if he is able to enroll early and start working with Gus and the crew. Could potentially come in at 220-225 (skinny for 6'6"), after one redshirt year and he should be up to 235-245. No one has talked about him on offense but he could be a great redzone target at WR or TE.
C8vt48bXgAIpA9a.jpg

Advertisement
Any film of him playing defense the position we are recruiting him at?
Good question, I haven't seen any.

Kul is gonna mold this freak into a world beater.
I've only seen his safety highlights

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Derrick Brooks was a safety coming out of high school and there was no film of him playing linebacker yet he became a Hall of Fame linebacker. You can figure the rest out from there

So was Ray. Not to mention Sapp was super star TE coming out but came in to play grow and play DT. Miami use to be the master of putting kids in the best position for them and the team. In a 4-3 the DE's do not have to be fat boys like Al's 3-4. Lean, quick and fast is Miami model for the position. The Stork played DE at The U but OLB in NFL. With Kool coaching him, maybe he can be another Ted -- okay, anything close to the Stork would be just fine.

There is a misconception here. He isn't a Kool recruit.

Manny Diaz wants him as a LB and recruited him as such.

Yet somehow I bet he's going be the lone DE in this class.
Agreed. This kid has a long long way to go before he is enrolled here. Being 215 or whatever right now doesn't matter much, especially if he commits to defense completely.

Advertisement
No one likes Chatfield more than Rousseau?
I do

I do too. Chatman is a known quantity and doesn't flirt with a hybrid tag. But they aren't really playing the same position.

You're right, looks like the plan is to have Rousseau in space but I don't think it's unrealistic to think he might line up with his hands in the dirt. Anyways Chatfield has an insane first step and for someone who's a Junior in HS, is elite with his hands. Shame we're not going hard after him.

Advertisement
I do

I do too. Chatman is a known quantity and doesn't flirt with a hybrid tag. But they aren't really playing the same position.

You're right, looks like the plan is to have Rousseau in space but I don't think it's unrealistic to think he might line up with his hands in the dirt. Anyways Chatfield has an insane first step and for someone who's a Junior in HS, is elite with his hands. Shame we're not going hard after him.

I just don't think he fits what kool is looking for. Chatfield is in a Trent Harris mold better player comin out tho. Kool wants those JJ, Garvin, Chad body types

Rousseau said he's being recruited to play the Viper position same spot as Joe Jackson so I guess the coaches see what you dont

I do

Dude I totally thought you meant Chatman. My bad haha.

Advertisement

I don't see the OLB skills required from the Mccloud role in his highlight video. Have you gotten to see him live? His highlight video is almost 50% WR jumpballs and him boxing kids out. About 20% chasing plays down from deep. Another 20% coming straight downhill in space. Then about 10% assorted playmaking. He's a really intriguing athlete for sure, but not sure how to pull a position projection, much less OLB, from the clips. At least for DE he flashes length, chase and some of the minimal lateral ability needed to play WDE. Still tough to pull a specific projection from the existing video.

Still tough to pull a specific projection from the existing video.

The video doesn't show much of anything besides his physical tools. But if we're talking LB v. DE (we can rule out safety), at least we can see his ability to play in space. That plays well in McCloud's spot, and his length/ball skills make him unique in coverage.

ILB isn't a fit, and it's hard for me to project him to DE when he never rushes the passer or even engages an OL in his video. And when he makes contact with the ballcarrier, I don't see a ton of natural power or strength.

However, the coaches worked him all over at a camp, so they probably have a better sense of his skillset than we do watching a HUDL clip.

Advertisement
Back