Rousseau commits!

@DMoney, your feedback (downvote) says you don't agree. What are you seeing differently?

Meant to upvote.

I went back and found some film from Rousseau's prior school where he played standup rusher. Not much but more than we've seen. I could definitely see him growing into a hybrid but I just want to see some power. He's a little light in the ***.

[HUDL]video/3/6059454/5721c9a6e984d413d410549e[/HUDL]

Advertisement
@DMoney, your feedback (downvote) says you don't agree. What are you seeing differently?

Meant to upvote.

I went back and found some film from Rousseau's prior school where he played standup rusher. Not much but more than we've seen. I could definitely see him growing into a hybrid but I just want to see some power. He's a little light in the ***.

[HUDL]video/3/6059454/5721c9a6e984d413d410549e[/HUDL]

I know I am tainted by the previous staff when I cringe to the word "hybrid" on Defense. I feel that's a word Doritos used all the time.

I think that on an 85-man roster, we have enough room to take a kid for specialty packages. If he works out, we have a potentially devastating alternative set of schemes to use. If he doesn't work out, we still have 84 other guys left. If 84 guys aren't enough, our problems are a lot bigger than just Gregory Rousseau.

Last edited:
I think that on an 85-man roster, we have enough room to take a kid for specialty packages. If he works out, we have a potentially devastating alternative set of schemes to use. If he doesn't work out, we still have 84 other guys left. If 84 guys aren't enough, our problems are a lot bigger than just Gregory Rousseau.

If ALL he ever did was play WR at the goal line and caught the passes we saw on his tape, he'd be worth taking. His upside is incredible.

Advertisement
LOVE LOVE this get. 6'6 210lbs now. Even if he gains just 1 pound a month from now till 2018 August (very conservative), he'd enroll at 225lbs. One year in a bigtime college S and N program could get him up to 250lbs right quick and just in time for 2019, when we'll need him to backup DJ and Garvin.

Joe Jackson plays Weakside DE. Viper aint a spot that we saw on this team last season. All Joe Jackson did was play defensive end, this kid was worked out at 3 different levels by our coaches at camp. Safe to say...he aint playing JUST the same position as Joe Jackson.

We definitely saw some of what is being described as Viper last season--particularly from Trent Harris
What were the ways you saw him used as a hybrid? I remember guys (Harris) standing up, but not the consistent zone drops you'd expect from a hybrid OLB/DE position. Maybe missed it.

All I saw us use Joe Jackson n Trent Harris at was as a weak side DE (or viper as they listed it). Didn't see them drop in zone much..I think I saw one game where Joe Jackson dropped back in a zone blitz to the flats. But so it is mm maybe it's a position moving forward

Advertisement
[TWEET]856220350601973760[/TWEET]
In this clip that pete cut up early you can SEE what the staff are high on. In this clip that chase ability is elite right there. That closing speed is ridiculous

I like his potential. I'll say it again, not gonna question Kool. He's been around long enough and the track record long enough that I'll trust what he sees.

6'6" 205-210 right now running 4.8, this is a kid you get in a college weight training program and could explode after a year or two.

Sometimes for coaches it's not always the product they see now but what they project 2-3 years down the line. Under the old regime, I would be concerned. With Kool? Not the case.

Saw him in person on Saturday, every bit of that size right now. The coaches and especially Kool & Manny were very excited to see him.

Last edited:
I like his potential. I'll say it again, not gonna question Kool. He's been around long enough and the track record long enough that I'll trust what he sees.

6'6" 205-210 right now running 4.8, this is a kid you get in a college weight training program and could explode after a year or two.

Sometimes for coaches it's not always the product they see now but what they project 2-3 years down the line. Under the old regime, I would be concerned. With Kool? Not the case.

Saw him in person on Saturday, every bit of that size right now. The coaches and especially Kool & Manny were very excited to see him.

Thought someone was saying he had gained more weight recently and was like 220-230lbs right now
...or am i trippin?

Thought someone was saying he had gained more weight recently and was like 220-230lbs right now
...or am i trippin?

Not sure if anyone's made the comparison yet, but his potential reminds of me Leonard Floyd, ex-Georiga OLB / DE

[video=youtube;DZlXZ_P2xq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZlXZ_P2xq8[/video]

Advertisement

...or am i trippin?

Not sure if anyone's made the comparison yet, but his potential reminds of me Leonard Floyd, ex-Georiga OLB / DE

I think that is a great comparison

...or am i trippin?

this kid doesn't have CLOSE to the suddenness or pass rush ability AT THIS POINT of FLoyd.. I remember Floyd's first game at UGA that i watched and he stuck out like a sore thumb. Though with Kul AND MANNY working with this kid...I see him playing a similar role as to Floyd here...which is being moved all over the place...but mostly wide side of the field. To me...Rousseau is a wait and see guy for me to see how he performs this senior year and moving forward...That film he currently has doesn't do justice for what he will likely have to do here...and even in that film I don't see the POP...But he is a JUMBO ATHLETE. 6'5-6'6-205-210...can maybe be a scary 6'5-6'6 235-240 pd rs sophomore playing olb/de.

...or am i trippin?

Agreed look at his body when he was in high school . Leonard Floyd, Dodge County, Outside Linebacker he was like 65 211 which is just like greg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back