Rousseau commits!

There is a misconception here. He isn't a Kool recruit.

Manny Diaz wants him as a LB and recruited him as such.

Advertisement
Welcome to the :neonu:!!!

giphy.gif

2CVemHy.gif

5339316.gif

PsJexUN.gif
Oh my the top one looks tasty

There is a misconception here. He isn't a Kool recruit.

Manny Diaz wants him as a LB and recruited him as such.

Wrong.

He's mentioned in pretty much every interview they want him at VIPER, which is the WDE position. I guess he could end up at OLB, but that's not what they see him as.

Pretty sure I trust Kool with DL and Manny enough with the LBs not to bicker about which wanted him more.

Advertisement
Holy ****... That's the kind of athlete any coach would want. I simply can not imagine him on the D-line. I mean I can, but what a motor. He looked like a video game character out there.

It's hard to put into words what Richt is building at UM. This is some crazy stuff.

Great pickup! Not too worried about weight, kid has a year plus to add whatever adequate weight at whatever position

Advertisement
He's a superior physical specimen with great bend, range in coverage, and Butch-type athleticism that can be special with good coaching. Best of all he's a Miami guy that I expect to stick and represent his hometown the way only Miami boys can.

Check out his bend at 6'6". @4:10 he separates a guy form the ball, and 4:15 he gets low for a nice open-field tackle.

[HUDL]video/3/6059454/57b9476beae10c5cc4a40aab[/HUDL][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I just watched his WR/safety highlights...he's going to be a DE for us?

He mentioned on TOS that they recruited him as a VIPER in this defense. Manny Diaz sees him as a LB who can play close to the line if need be.

Isn't that McCloud's spot?

I don't see him as a de here at all. He may have Sam Lb ability...which is technically what Mccloud plays.

Advertisement
One of the most interesting prospects in the class.

I know we're recruiting Rousseau as a pass rusher but I like him in McCloud's role as LB on the field side. That will enable him to use his length and movement skills playing in space.

Like @Mahoney-Pearson said, he has great bend and can tackle in the open field. Maybe he's a natural pass rusher, but the highlights don't show it and he has a ways to go from a strength perspective. Either way, he will be pretty unique.

205 is a little light but he still has a full year to put on some more weight. kool had shane ray and charles harris at both 6-4 220 coming out of high school, i don't think rousseau will be far off of that when he finally gets on campus. a little thinner but also a little taller.

205 is a little light but he still has a full year to put on some more weight. kool had shane ray and charles harris at both 6-4 220 coming out of high school, i don't think rousseau will be far off of that when he finally gets on campus. a little thinner but also a little taller.
Ivins says he's in the 215-220 range now and that was a few weeks ago

Advertisement
Ivins says he's in the 215-220 range now and that was a few weeks ago

Yeah , I don't get the 205 talk. He's closer to 220 than 205. Imo, he'll be a hybrid type. But passing rushing will be his speciality.

"Go to corner, turn around and I'll throw it high"

Proven winner in that playbook according to that film

Advertisement
Back