Rosier gets pulled during a close game or after a loss...

Advertisement
If he has a performance like UNC, he's going to the bench to see if one of the young guys can spark the team. I could also see him starting the L$U game and going to the bench for the second half if he can't move the ball.

Rosier has 376 yards and 3 TDs against UNC. Not exactly what you would call “not moving the ball.”
Lol. Boy.....you must be ***king this n1&&@ or something. I don’t care WHAT stats say, Rosier is a very, very poor qb. He’s horrible. And it concerns me that you don’t see it.....

Lol. Boy.....you must be ***king this n1&&@ or something. I don’t care WHAT stats say, Rosier is a very, very poor qb. He’s horrible. And it concerns me that you don’t see it.....
As I don't know you, it really concerns me that anything about me concerns you. This has nothing to do with Rosier being good or not. It has to do with fanboys once again obsessing over the shiny new toy in the QB room that they have deluded themselves into thinking the starting QB is going to be benched when this is the national headline for that game:

"Malik Rosier throws for career-high 356 yards with three touchdowns to help the Hurricanes hold off North Carolina 24-19 on Saturday."

You don't have to like Rosier to understand that without his 3 TD performance we would have lost that game handily. UNC was the 117th ranked rushing defense last season and we had 32 rushes for 59 yards AS A TEAM! 1.8 YPC as a team against one of the worst run defenses in D1 ball. And its even worse than the stat line when you realize that 32 of those yards came on two carries, a 16 yarder from Homer and an 18 yard QB run from Rosier. The rest of the day we ran the ball 30 times for 27 ******* yards. 0.9 yards per carry.

Don't talk to me about benching a QB who just posted his career high passing yards.

Advertisement
If he has a performance like UNC, he's going to the bench to see if one of the young guys can spark the team. I could also see him starting the L$U game and going to the bench for the second half if he can't move the ball.

UNC and their 3rd string QB put up over 400 yards of offense against us, shouldn’t we have other major concerns after that game?

Bowden didn't have a QB. He had two and one wasn't proven better than the other.

We're about in the same boat - Rosier is older of course - and now he's got some games under center - but I don't think that's exactly a stellar referral.

You want to get ****ed off again? Go back and watch our games from last year. You'll once again be wanting to throw something at the TV.

OL couldn't run block for squat, Rosier couldn't hit wide-open receivers unless it was like an accident- and then there were the no-call holding penalties by everyone we played. Overall, the pass protection was workable, but could be much better.

And by the way - a good number of those games could have gone either way.

I'm not wringing my hands or moaning gloom and doom. I'm saying if you have a known, and two or three unknowns, and you want to improve over the known - then you try one or more of the unknowns.

Besides, at the end of this year - Rosier is gone. And someone else better have some time behind center. Or we have another painful learning curve.

I'm tired of learning curves. Year after year.

Besides, at the end of this year - Rosier is gone. And someone else better have some time behind center. Or we have another painful learning curve.

That's not necessarily true. If it's Perry or Weldon, they'll be in their 3rd year on campus. The list of guys who have won titles with 3 or fewer years on campus and no prior experience is very, very long.

Advertisement
That's not necessarily true. If it's Perry or Weldon, they'll be in their 3rd year on campus. The list of guys who have won titles with 3 or fewer years on campus and no prior experience is very, very long.

Forgive me my doubts.

I've been told how good our QB's are for many years now - and I'm still waiting.

I want to see one on the field. (And it may be me, but I don't think it's going to be Rosier)

Hope I'm wrong!

Forgive me my doubts.

I've been told how good our QB's are for many years now - and I'm still waiting.

I want to see one on the field. (And it may be me, but I don't think it's going to be Rosier)

Hope I'm wrong!

I hear you, I have no idea how good the backups are either. Supposedly Perry was gonna be the next big thing according to Pete, et al, but we see how that's gone so far. I'm not in a rush to replace Rosier because I know how he performs when the lights are on and what his record his been thus far. I'll take ugly wins over pretty losses, and I want to play one season at a time.

UNC was the 117th ranked rushing defense last season and we had 32 rushes for 59 yards AS A TEAM! 1.8 YPC as a team against one of the worst run defenses in D1 ball. And its even worse than the stat line when you realize that 32 of those yards came on two carries, a 16 yarder from Homer and an 18 yard QB run from Rosier. The rest of the day we ran the ball 30 times for 27 ******* yards. 0.9 yards per carry.

"Buh buh buh, UNC stacked the box...doe."

Advertisement
UNC and their 3rd string QB put up over 400 yards of offense against us, shouldn’t we have other major concerns after that game?

Considering the fact that offense couldn't move the ball for **** consistently and left the defense on the field all day, no. That was a game we should've won by 30 pts or more and Rosier was putrid.

Considering the fact that offense couldn't move the ball for **** consistently and left the defense on the field all day, no. That was a game we should've won by 30 pts or more and Rosier was putrid.
Again, Rosier threw for a career high 356 yards along with 3 TDs. He also added 20 yards to the run game and had the longest run (18 yards) of the day. The rest of our backs combined for 39 yards.

It's the defense's job to get themselves off the field on third down. You can't do that very well when you allow 12.6 yards per completion and 3.8 yards per rush.

We out passed UNC 356 to 252, but they out rushed us 176 to 59. And 32 of our 59 yards came on two plays. The rest of the day we ran 30 times for 27 yards.

But in spite of that **** poor effort running the ball against the 117th ranked rush defense, time of possession was split almost evenly 33-27 minutes, so your idea that the defense gave uop yards because they were on the field all day is just false. They gave up a **** ton of yards to a team who had so far only managed to beat Old Dominion because they couldn't stop UNC from running the ball down their throats.

Again, Rosier threw for a career high 356 yards along with 3 TDs. He also added 20 yards to the run game and had the longest run (18 yards) of the day. The rest of our backs combined for 39 yards.

It's the defense's job to get themselves off the field on third down. You can't do that very well when you allow 12.6 yards per completion and 3.8 yards per rush.

We out passed UNC 356 to 252, but they out rushed us 176 to 59. And 32 of our 59 yards came on two plays. The rest of the day we ran 30 times for 27 yards.

But in spite of that **** poor effort running the ball against the 117th ranked rush defense, time of possession was split almost evenly 33-27 minutes, so your idea that the defense gave uop yards because they were on the field all day is just false. They gave up a **** ton of yards to a team who had so far only managed to beat Old Dominion because they couldn't stop UNC from running the ball down their throats.
16 for 38....
Nice yardage(356 yards) and td ratio(3:1)
That’s not good accuracy period...

Advertisement
16 for 38....
Nice yardage(356 yards) and td ratio(3:1)
That’s not good accuracy period...
Never said it was. But the fact remains that Malik Rosier is the only reason we moved the ball or scored at all that game, and our defense allowed a severely depleted UNC team and their 3rd string QB to average 3.8 yards per carry and 12.6 yards per completion.

Was Malik pretty awful? Yes. But without him that's an "L" instead of a "W"

Never said it was. But the fact remains that Malik Rosier is the only reason we moved the ball or scored at all that game, and our defense allowed a severely depleted UNC team and their 3rd string QB to average 3.8 yards per carry and 12.6 yards per completion.

Was Malik pretty awful? Yes. But without him that's an "L" instead of a "W"
Ok, this was easily one of the worst performances of the oline, I do Agree with that

Ok, this was easily one of the worst performances of the oline, I do Agree with that
They were inconsistent run blocking all season. Chunk plays form DeeJay and Homer, along with timely QB keepers on Zone Read plays inflated our ypc, but we never ran the ball with any consistency except for the Notre Dame game. Yeah, we had good days on the stat sheet against Toledo and ****** Tech, but against VT we had 119 yards on three carries. The rest of the day we struggled to move the ball. Against Toledo we had 164 on 4 carries. The rest of the day we struggled.

As much as I get where everyone is coming from saying that our edge weapons are too good to waste on a guy who can't hit them when they're open, you also need to understand that our backfield right now is a phenomenal waste of talent running behind an O-line that can't generate any push what-so-ever. Our running game success is due almost entirely to the ability of our backs to make something out of nothing, and Ron Dugan's emphasis on wide receiver blocking down field stretching good runs into great gains.

BUT! Fear not. I believe that we will improve this season in that department. Our O-line should be bigger and stronger and better seasoned, as well as being helped by the addition of a true lead blocking FB or two.

I don't really care if it's Rosier and his accuracy issues or one of the young bucks and their inexperience under center, if we have a running game that can take the pressure off, maybe allow them to only attempt 25 or 30 passes per game rather than 40-45...we're going to shock the world.

Bowden didn't have a QB. He had two and one wasn't proven better than the other.

We're about in the same boat - Rosier is older of course - and now he's got some games under center - but I don't think that's exactly a stellar referral.

You want to get ****ed off again? Go back and watch our games from last year. You'll once again be wanting to throw something at the TV.

OL couldn't run block for squat, Rosier couldn't hit wide-open receivers unless it was like an accident- and then there were the no-call holding penalties by everyone we played. Overall, the pass protection was workable, but could be much better.

And by the way - a good number of those games could have gone either way.

I'm not wringing my hands or moaning gloom and doom. I'm saying if you have a known, and two or three unknowns, and you want to improve over the known - then you try one or more of the unknowns.

You are right, Rosier is older, that's a common malady amongst human beings. Yet, as he has become older he has garnered live fire football experience at the highest college level, which is invaluable.

If you are not moaning gloom and doom then you are a spectacular impressionist, because to the untrained eye it certainly appears you are constantly moaning gloom and doom about Rosier.

There is no one who visits this message board whose opinion is worth a grain of salt as it relates to how Rosier will perform next year, because we haven't been attending every minute of every practice nor meetings, film study, strength and conditioning sessions, et al. Now, Mark Richt comes closest to being that person and as of now he believes Rosier is the best QB option for the upcoming season. Of course that may change between now and the first game or could change at some point during the season. WE SHALL SEE!

When the world is cold, remember this: “Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.” ~Sidney Freedman.

Advertisement
Back