Rosier gets pulled during a close game or after a loss...

16 for 38....
Nice yardage(356 yards) and td ratio(3:1)
That’s not good accuracy period...

When our running backs were being obliterated at the line of scrimmage, and behind the line of scrimmage, North Carolina then completely ignored the running game and almost solely focused on stopping the Canes passing game, thus Rosier's 16 for 38 passing was a remarkable accomplishment when considering what he faced.

Advertisement
You are right, Rosier is older, that's a common malady amongst human beings. Yet, as he has become older he has garnered live fire football experience at the highest college level, which is invaluable.

If you are not moaning gloom and doom then you are a spectacular impressionist, because to the untrained eye it certainly appears you are constantly moaning gloom and doom about Rosier.

There is no one who visits this message board whose opinion is worth a grain of salt as it relates to how Rosier will perform next year, because we haven't been attending every minute of every practice nor meetings, film study, strength and conditioning sessions, et al. Now, Mark Richt comes closest to being that person and as of now he believes Rosier is the best QB option for the upcoming season. Of course that may change between now and the first game or could change at some point during the season. WE SHALL SEE!

When the world is cold, remember this: “Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.” ~Sidney Freedman.

My first 'live fire' experience - there were twelve of us that morning, only two of us left at sundown. My first time out - everyone else had lots of experience - and it wasn't a matter of experience under fire that made any difference for them.

I've been around long enough to have seen kids thrown into football games - freshmen and redshirt freshmen - and they just scorched their opponents. I've seen that lots of time. We've seen freshmen play lights out on our Hurricanes team.

As far as me constantly moaning gloom and doom about Rosier - you might want to watch the games we played last year once again. Rosier won't have Berrios going airborne to catch a lot of really ****poor passes. He won't have Berrios flat on the ground reaching to grab a pass thrown into the ground.

Nor some of the other utterly spectacular passes that were underthrown or overthrown. Our receiver corps last year made Rosier's stats - it sure as **** wan't due to Rosier.

The way you keep defending Rosier - I'd say you must be related. Or maybe you're Rosier.

Either way - go back and watch some games. His decisions were enough to create lots and lots of cussing and swearing. His ball placements were a true crapshoot. Lots of crap throws, and then one that was perfect. Then back to crap throws.

You may not be exasperated with him - but I am. I want next year's QB get some time under center. Lots of time.

My first 'live fire' experience - there were twelve of us that morning, only two of us left at sundown. My first time out - everyone else had lots of experience - and it wasn't a matter of experience under fire that made any difference for them.

I've been around long enough to have seen kids thrown into football games - freshmen and redshirt freshmen - and they just scorched their opponents. I've seen that lots of time. We've seen freshmen play lights out on our Hurricanes team.

As far as me constantly moaning gloom and doom about Rosier - you might want to watch the games we played last year once again. Rosier won't have Berrios going airborne to catch a lot of really ****poor passes. He won't have Berrios flat on the ground reaching to grab a pass thrown into the ground.

Nor some of the other utterly spectacular passes that were underthrown or overthrown. Our receiver corps last year made Rosier's stats - it sure as **** wan't due to Rosier.

The way you keep defending Rosier - I'd say you must be related. Or maybe you're Rosier.

Either way - go back and watch some games. His decisions were enough to create lots and lots of cussing and swearing. His ball placements were a true crapshoot. Lots of crap throws, and then one that was perfect. Then back to crap throws.

You may not be exasperated with him - but I am. I want next year's QB get some time under center. Lots of time.

****! You caught me! It's me, Malik Rosier.

Seriously, it is those types of conclusions that are weaved through your crying fits...also known as posts.

As for you having been around long enough to have witnessed young kids being thrown into games and scorching their opponents . I've also been around long enough to have witnessed young kids being thrown into games only to be scorched.

Based on your comments; you clearly believe you know more than Coach Richt due to your worldly, highly informed experiences and Marianas Trench depth of football knowledge. It is your decision to overrule the Canes head coach by benching Rosier and inserting one of the youngsters. Let me know how that works out for you.

You've taken my statements and put them in your spin machine and are now failingly trying to paint me as a Rosier cheerleader. Let me see...there's a term for that...um...uh...being dishonest! My point about next year's starting QB question is based on Coach Richt's current conclusion that Rosier is the starter and instead of whining and moaning about that over the next almost 3 months we should all simply wait and see how this all plays out.

Finally, I have, in fact, said that last year's offensive line play was deplorable and did not allow for a running game, thus making the team one dimensional. Additionally, I have claimed that should the offensive line play not significantly improve then it won't matter who is quarterbacking the team as the offense will be for the most part ineffectual. If you interpret that as me vigorously promoting Rosier then I implore you to have someone read my words...and explain them to you.

PS; And by the way, any quarterback who leads a major college football team to a 10 win season makes your claim that every pass Rosier threw to be a "crapshoot" laughable. Before you twist that statement I did not say that Malik passing was outstanding, because it wasn't.

Seriously, it is those types of conclusions that are weaved through your crying fits...also known as posts.

As for you having been around long enough to have witnessed young kids being thrown into games and scorching their opponents . I've also been around long enough to have witnessed young kids being thrown into games only to be scorched.

Based on your comments; you clearly believe you know more than Coach Richt due to your worldly, highly informed experiences and Marianas Trench depth of football knowledge. It is your decision to overrule the Canes head coach by benching Rosier and inserting one of the youngsters. Let me know how that works out for you.

You've taken my statements and put them in your spin machine and are now failingly trying to paint me as a Rosier cheerleader. Let me see...there's a term for that...um...uh...being dishonest! My point about next year's starting QB question is based on Coach Richt's current conclusion that Rosier is the starter and instead of whining and moaning about that over the next almost 3 months we should all simply wait and see how this all plays out.

Finally, I have, in fact, said that last year's offensive line play was deplorable and did not allow for a running game, thus making the team one dimensional. Additionally, I have claimed that should the offensive line play not significantly improve then it won't matter who is quarterbacking the team as the offense will be for the most part ineffectual. If you interpret that as me vigorously promoting Rosier then I implore you to have someone read my words...and explain them to you.

PS; And by the way, any quarterback who leads a major college football team to a 10 win season makes your claim that every pass Rosier threw to be a "crapshoot" laughable. Before you twist that statement I did not say that Malik passing was outstanding, because it wasn't.

And I say we won ten games in spite of Rosier's inconsistent play.

Some heroic receivers - making some unbelievable catches - won two games for certain. Not the QB.

Over the last couple years - have you noted any freshmen thrown into games - and they did very, very well?

Any freshman or redshirt freshman QB's take over top ten teams the last couple years?

Some heroic receivers - making some unbelievable catches - won two games for certain. Not the QB.

Over the last couple years - have you noted any freshmen thrown into games - and they did very, very well?

Any freshman or redshirt freshman QB's take over top ten teams the last couple years?
You don’t win 10 games “in spite of” a QB that accounted for over 3600 yards and 31 TDs, and he didn’t do this out of sheer luck or any other-worldly effort by any other players. This is about the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

Rosier was inconsistent, and when he was bad he was really bad. But he had some good plays too. He had a lot of good plays, enough to eclipse any season by any other Hurricane QB ever.

Advertisement
You don’t win 10 games “in spite of” a QB that accounted for over 3600 yards and 31 TDs, and he didn’t do this out of sheer luck or any other-worldly effort by any other players. This is about the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

Rosier was inconsistent, and when he was bad he was really bad. But he had some good plays too. He had a lot of good plays, enough to eclipse any season by any other Hurricane QB ever.

We have better athletes than most of the teams we played.

And we were one play or two from losing a couple more games last year.

Your convoluted conclusions force me to state the following: Rosier demonstrated leadership, coolness when games were on the line and scrambling/escape-ability. Was his passing game at an All American level? **** no! Did he lead the team to 10 wins? **** yes! Did he lead the Canes to their first Coastal Division Title? You're **** right he did! Was he the quarterback of a team that qualified for the Orange Bowl and would have probably won that game if not for late season injuries to key players and officiating that was nothing short of corrupt? Yes! Yes! and Yes!

To suggest that the only reason he completed passes was due to his wide receivers performing immaculate receptions on every single passing play last season is far North of insane. You keep suggesting I re-watch last year's games. I watched those games in real time, watched the replays of said games and then watched video of specific plays. And your description of events does not come within one thousand light years as to what truly transpired on the field.

Your mantra of throwing the youngsters into games instead of playing Rosier is the very same mantra you and your band of followers were howling last year when you all KNEW with 100% certainty that N'Kosi Perry was much better than Rosier. Then a funny thing happened...reality collided with your uneducated guess work...and now it appear that not only will Perry not start next year, he won't even be the back-up. Yet, your back at it again! Smart people learn from their mistakes...

As a final period on this story...how many practices have you attended this year? How many quarterback meetings have you lead? How many film sessions were you a part of? How many meetings did you have with the Canes QB coach and Mark Richt? How many years have you coached quarterbacks at a major college football program? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, you should take a few days off as the Canes QB expert and allow Mark Richt to take a swing at who should start?

Be well!

I do recall a number of people here wanting to throw N'Kosi into the fray prematurely. That wouldn't have worked. He clearly wasn't ready.

You want to make it personal. Whatever blows your skirt.

So don't lump me into your contrived group that did so - you never saw me in that group. You throw that in as though I was part of that group - I suppose in an effort to diminish what I'm saying. Since your basic premise is completely false - now you're going to have to start your argument all over from the beginning.

That's the problem with you - you assume way too much - you mistakenly place me where I never was - when that's just bull****t - and you do nothing but assume.

Even so, what you don't know isn't your problem. Your problem is that you "know" so many things that just aren't true.

I don't have a mantra - not a Buddhist - which would indicate that the uneducated guess work - is all yours.

How many QB meetings did I attend? None.

The guys I was with were physically and mentally way above any group of players at any major college football program. Way above. In fact, I saw a lot of those top college football players come in, mistakenly assuming they'd be well prepared to join this group. Magnificent physical specimens - and then they'd drop out like flies. All would gone within the first two weeks - they just weren't up to it. Not physically, not mentally. So don't act like this level college football is the pinnacle of team work, or that those who coach them are the apex of leadership. They're good - but not great.

It seems they really rely on breaks, time-outs, halftimes, a timed event, punts, and do-overs.

I'd see Rosier take the bench after coming off the field after a crappy 3-down performance, sitting all by himself.

That's not a leader. And you saying so - doesn't make it so.

Advertisement
I'd see Rosier take the bench after coming off the field after a crappy 3-down performance, sitting all by himself.

lol. Whatever you say, dude.

tom2.jpg
brady4 (2).jpg
brady4.jpg
Tom1.jpg

Advertisement
I do recall a number of people here wanting to throw N'Kosi into the fray prematurely. That wouldn't have worked. He clearly wasn't ready.

You want to make it personal. Whatever blows your skirt.

So don't lump me into your contrived group that did so - you never saw me in that group. You throw that in as though I was part of that group - I suppose in an effort to diminish what I'm saying. Since your basic premise is completely false - now you're going to have to start your argument all over from the beginning.

That's the problem with you - you assume way too much - you mistakenly place me where I never was - when that's just bull****t - and you do nothing but assume.

Even so, what you don't know isn't your problem. Your problem is that you "know" so many things that just aren't true.

I don't have a mantra - not a Buddhist - which would indicate that the uneducated guess work - is all yours.

How many QB meetings did I attend? None.

The guys I was with were physically and mentally way above any group of players at any major college football program. Way above. In fact, I saw a lot of those top college football players come in, mistakenly assuming they'd be well prepared to join this group. Magnificent physical specimens - and then they'd drop out like flies. All would gone within the first two weeks - they just weren't up to it. Not physically, not mentally. So don't act like this level college football is the pinnacle of team work, or that those who coach them are the apex of leadership. They're good - but not great.

It seems they really rely on breaks, time-outs, halftimes, a timed event, punts, and do-overs.

You claim you weren’t calling for N'Kosi to replace Rosier last season. But, you do admit to calling for Rosier to be benched last season.

So, if Rosier was benched who in the **** did you think they were going to replace him with…Y.A. ****le? How about Johnny Unitas? Better yet, Dan Marino? Or, maybe your idea was to bench Rosier and then have no one quarterback the team.

As for your contention that Rosier sitting alone on the bench proves he’s not a leader is yet another of your ludicrous cheap and unfounded shots at the kid. Not trying to spoil your hate party, but some Cat named Tom Brady regularly sits alone on the bench, which when using your reasoning means Brady is not a leader. Never mind that Rosier’s teammate’s thinks he’s a leader, but, here again, you know better.

I’ve come to the realization that he has to start at least for LSU. No way Richt will let one of the freshman beat him out and then he decides to transfer. But at least we know for sure Perry will get mop up duty at the least in our less talented match ups.

Also not a leader based on your “sits on the bench by himself” criteria.

It’s cool though. I don’t expect you to acknowledge that your argument just got blasted to ****.

You posted the photos.

Take another look.

I'm not seeing any leadership. I see exasperation, frustration, and defeat in every expression, every bit of body language.

I see a guy who's folded his tent.

It's easy when your team mates are the best, coaching is the best, and you're winning.

A leader steps up when things look terribly grim, when it looks like all hope is lost, when all indicators point to defeat - and then they pull the others together and rise to the moment.

I've seen leaders - and by no stretch of the imagination is sitting your sorry *** on a bench feeling sorry for yourself - is leadership.

Advertisement
You claim you weren’t calling for N'Kosi to replace Rosier last season. But, you do admit to calling for Rosier to be benched last season.

So, if Rosier was benched who in the **** did you think they were going to replace him with…Y.A. ****le? How about Johnny Unitas? Better yet, Dan Marino? Or, maybe your idea was to bench Rosier and then have no one quarterback the team.

As for your contention that Rosier sitting alone on the bench proves he’s not a leader is yet another of your ludicrous cheap and unfounded shots at the kid. Not trying to spoil your hate party, but some Cat named Tom Brady regularly sits alone on the bench, which when using your reasoning means Brady is not a leader. Never mind that Rosier’s teammate’s thinks he’s a leader, but, here again, you know better.

Aww, you're just ****ed off since I showed you to not know everything you portend.

I never called for N'Kosi like the others to be thrown into our starting QB - but I never said that maybe he or another shouldn't have been put into a game, such as the Pitt game - as Rosier couldn't do diddly schitt right.

Your genius here shines - Unitas, Marino, etc. More absurdities to color an asinine point of view.

My shots at Rosier are not cheap shots - he loses concentration, loses awareness, loses accuracy - on a regular basis. Like I said, on occasion can make a great throw - but most of them are all over the stadium, or into the turf.

****, anyone with a neutral mind can watch his games last year and come to the same conclusion.

And if you're comparing Rosier to Brady - there's something wrong with you. Brady is very talented - but even Brady folds when things aren't going well. Anyone can "lead" when everyone on the team is leading.

You posted the photos.

Take another look.

I'm not seeing any leadership. I see exasperation, frustration, and defeat in every expression, every bit of body language.

I see a guy who's folded his tent.

It's easy when your team mates are the best, coaching is the best, and you're winning.

A leader steps up when things look terribly grim, when it looks like all hope is lost, when all indicators point to defeat - and then they pull the others together and rise to the moment.

I've seen leaders - and by no stretch of the imagination is sitting your sorry *** on a bench feeling sorry for yourself - is leadership.
I ******* knew that instead of owning up, you’d find a way to double down on your stupidity.

Or is it tripling down now? Or quadrupling? I’ve lost count. Your stupidity has gotten so out of hand that I am no longer able to quantify it. Do you understand? Of course you don’t.

You don’t like Rosier? Cool. Nobody cares. But one should at least be able to expect you to present an argument as to why that isn’t littered with Vietnam flashbacks. “I’ve been in a real fire fight...” Congratulations. Lots of people have. Doesn’t mean they know **** about football. I’ve yet to see a grunt return from Afghanistan and get a gig coaching D1 ball.

First we won in spite of Rosier. When I asked if our wins came in spite of his 3600 yards or his 31 TDs, you replied that those stats were the result of superhuman efforts from our receivers.

All of them? All 3600 yards and 31 TDs?

“Well, he’s just not a leader. A leader doesn’t sit on the bench by himself.”

So I presented multiple pictures of the QB that is widely regarded as one of the best to ever play the position sitting alone on the bench looking every bit as distraught as Rosier ever did.

“That’s not a real leader. I KNOW what real leadership looks like.”

Well good for you. Too bad for the rest of us having to read your drivel you don’t know anything about football or QBs.

Give me any NFL QB and I bet I can find a picture of them sitting alone on the bench. You know what? **** it. I’m feeling generous. Give me an MLB starting pitcher and I can find a picture of them sitting alone.

It’s what they do. A pitcher who just gave up a go-ahead home run, or a QB who just threw a pick 6 trying to rally the troops would look pretty ******* stupid.

I ******* knew that instead of owning up, you’d find a way to double down on your stupidity.

Or is it tripling down now? Or quadrupling? I’ve lost count. Your stupidity has gotten so out of hand that I am no longer able to quantify it. Do you understand? Of course you don’t.

You don’t like Rosier? Cool. Nobody cares. But one should at least be able to expect you to present an argument as to why that isn’t littered with Vietnam flashbacks. “I’ve been in a real fire fight...” Congratulations. Lots of people have. Doesn’t mean they know **** about football. I’ve yet to see a grunt return from Afghanistan and get a gig coaching D1 ball.

First we won in spite of Rosier. When I asked if our wins came in spite of his 3600 yards or his 31 TDs, you replied that those stats were the result of superhuman efforts from our receivers.

All of them? All 3600 yards and 31 TDs?

“Well, he’s just not a leader. A leader doesn’t sit on the bench by himself.”

So I presented multiple pictures of the QB that is widely regarded as one of the best to ever play the position sitting alone on the bench looking every bit as distraught as Rosier ever did.

“That’s not a real leader. I KNOW what real leadership looks like.”

Well good for you. Too bad for the rest of us having to read your drivel you don’t know anything about football or QBs.

Give me any NFL QB and I bet I can find a picture of them sitting alone on the bench. You know what? **** it. I’m feeling generous. Give me an MLB starting pitcher and I can find a picture of them sitting alone.

It’s what they do. A pitcher who just gave up a go-ahead home run, or a QB who just threw a pick 6 trying to rally the troops would look pretty ******* stupid.

I didn't realize this previously - but you are really . . . emotional. I never had much use for it - but some can't help themselves - even over the least little things! I must have lit the fuse on your tampon by accident -

That combination - Extreme emotion and Occhiolism combined are individually terrible conditions - but combined - I'm sorry - I know you suffer needlessly.

Leadership - that's your problem here? You have your opinion, I have mine. You have a wallowed-out sphincter - I have mine and it's squeeky tight. You are probably your proctologists favorite patient with the relative ease you're able to reach around and pull things out of urass - and by contrast - I avoid all things that start with the letters, 'procto -

You like stats. Certainly stats are indicative - but never conclusive. There's a characteristic much more important than total numbers - and one can even see this characteristic in the stock market, or financial markets - it's called "consistency," or "track record," or even "credibility."

You can get numbers in several different ways - but consistency in most all walks of life - are much more important.

If your own car goes 220mph, will stop on a dime, but the damned thing only works four days out of seven - it's no damned good, and you'd chuck it and get something more reliable. That is - if YOU'RE reliable.

There's a stat for you. Consistency.

As far as photos of QB's on the bench pouting - I just can't reconcile that image with leadership. It's my fault entirely - as pouting never struck me as being a manifestation of leadership.

Your standards are apparently well below mine - but that doesn't make you a bad guy. Pitiful maybe, but not a bad guy.

And I'm sure you can find all the pictures of NFL or MLB players pouting on a bench.

I can also find tons of pictures of monkees picking at their asses - but that doesn't give an accurate representation of what leadership is, either.

Aww, you're just ****ed off since I showed you to not know everything you portend.

I never called for N'Kosi like the others to be thrown into our starting QB - but I never said that maybe he or another shouldn't have been put into a game, such as the Pitt game - as Rosier couldn't do diddly schitt right.

Your genius here shines - Unitas, Marino, etc. More absurdities to color an asinine point of view.

My shots at Rosier are not cheap shots - he loses concentration, loses awareness, loses accuracy - on a regular basis. Like I said, on occasion can make a great throw - but most of them are all over the stadium, or into the turf.

****, anyone with a neutral mind can watch his games last year and come to the same conclusion.

And if you're comparing Rosier to Brady - there's something wrong with you. Brady is very talented - but even Brady folds when things aren't going well. Anyone can "lead" when everyone on the team is leading.

You think I’m ****ed off? You poor little boy, as usual you are confused and have not a clue as to what you are alleging. Honestly, I am greatly impressed with your overwhelming lack of intellect, understanding and ability to process a coherent thought.

As only one example; you openly admit that last year you were calling for the benching of Rosier, but deny that you believed N’Kosi should have replaced him. Again, I…W-I-L-L…G-O…S-L-O-W-L-Y…if you bench Rosier and you don’t bring in a replacement then there is NO quarterback participating for the Canes. Please tell me you are simply pulling my chain and you are not at all being serious, because no one can be that dense. Here I will pause, because if you were suggesting that someone other than N’Kosi should have been the replacement (based on the mountain of hype at the time) then we are moving from dense to someone who is suffering with a catastrophic brain injury. If that is the case then I profusely apologize.

Also, you interpret my words to mean I was comparing Rosier favorably to Tom Brady’s quarterbacking skill set (honest to God, as I type this I am laughing at you). So, I will copy and paste my reference to Tom Brady:

“As for your contention that Rosier sitting alone on the bench proves he’s not a leader is yet another of your ludicrous cheap and unfounded shots at the kid. Not trying to spoil your hate party, but some Cat named Tom Brady regularly sits alone on the bench, which when using your reasoning means Brady is not a leader.”

So, your take away from the above comment is I am claiming that Rosier is a mirror image of Brady. I can’t wait to read your clueless response as we all deserve to laugh.

Here’s my conclusion; based on the disturbing, cross-eyed content of your posts, in the entire Universe you are the very last person who should be making personnel suggestions concerning the University of Miami Hurricanes Football Team.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back