Rosier gets pulled during a close game or after a loss...

Advertisement
I wish Rosier well, would love to see him step up and be far more accurate than last year. But if we see the same 54% accuracy and he's still starting and is hot and cold what does that say about our other QB's? If Rosier hasn't improved much from last year he probably still starts but he won't be starting by end of year.

I predict if it does happen it will be for the same reasons the five other threads about Malik being benched indicate.

If he's clicking - it won't be that close.

If he's throwing like a cross-eyed discus thrower - he better get pulled - or we need a real offensive coordinator that knows **** from strawberries.

So you don't think Richt would pull Rosier if he is dreadful? Not like that has ever happened.

Advertisement
If the fall competition is close.....

Whether it’s Williams or Perry....they need to be getting reps against LSU. At least 2-3 drives.

A two QB system doesn’t usually work....but it makes sense in this situation, IMO. Too much on the line.

If it's close, I still think Rosier would get the nod to start, but also be prone to a quicker hook if he is bad. I don't see a 2 qb system though. I can see 2 qbs preparing to play the game especially with possibility of injury which is always a concern.

Just saw a stat that he was 3 away from matching single season record for TD passes .......wow
Rosier has caught an unholy amount of bull**** for a guy who set the Miami record for yards and TDs accounted for, who led us to our best season in well over a decade, and the first ever appearance in the ACCCG.

He’s not great, but plenty of not great QBs are wearing massive rings encrusted with diamonds. We can win a championship with a 54 or 55% Rosier, and don’t let anyone tell you any different. They’re ******* idiots. What we absolutely cannot have, though, is anymore 44% days. Not many teams can survive that.

Advertisement
In the biggest game of last year THREE Freshmen played all the QB downs in the game with the winning QB being the backup all year...I just hope talent prevails over seniority...just saying!

Jalen Hurts wasn't a freshman last year. I hope the guy that can win games is the one who prevails. Kaaya was more talented than Ryan Williams and we won 6 games in 2014. I don't think Richt is Al Golden.

To this day I feel like Rosier should have never been pulled out of the Pitt game even though he was beyond struggling in the game especially to put in freaking Shirreffs, so seeing that I could see Mark Richt pulling him out in any given game that he is struggling in for either Williams or Perry.

For those suggesting a two quarterback system I point you to the old axiom... "If you have a two quarterback system, you have no quarterbacks!"

Should the Canes field a big, strong, mean, athletic offensive line there will be no quarterback controversy...it will be Rosier. If this coming year's offensive line is similar in production/ability as last year's group there will be a quarterback controversy due to no running game...no matter who starts.

Advertisement
Kind of stupid question. Kid excels in close games with his fame coming from pulling off exactly those. What moron would pull him in a close game or even think of it? He might loose his starting job but at the moment he remains our most successful QBs since Ken, with possible exception of Berlin.

For those suggesting a two quarterback system I point you to the old axiom... "If you have a two quarterback system, you have no quarterbacks!"

Should the Canes field a big, strong, mean, athletic offensive line there will be no quarterback controversy...it will be Rosier. If this coming year's offensive line is similar in production/ability as last year's group there will be a quarterback controversy due to no running game...no matter who starts.

When Bobby Bowden got to FSU, he used a two quarterback system - Wally and Jimmy - and it worked getting the program moving - in 1977, 1978, and 1979.

One would start, and if later the offense bogged down - he'd put in the other QB - and they'd take off again.

It worked for them.

When Bobby Bowden got to FSU, he used a two quarterback system - Wally and Jimmy - and it worked getting the program moving - in 1977, 1978, and 1979.

One would start, and if later the offense bogged down - he'd put in the other QB - and they'd take off again.

It worked for them.

There’s always an exception to the rule. Forty years ago they were also sending plays in with rotating guards and some players played on both the defensive side and offensive side of the ball (And halfback Tom Matte quarterbacked 3 games for Don Shula's Baltimore Colts). Do you think we should do that now? Also, how many National Championships did Bobby win using the two headed quarterback system? And since 1979 how many more times did he employ that system? But, let’s put aside the Bowden adventure and list all the college football teams that won National Championships using rotating quarterbacks since 1979?

Advertisement
If the fall competition is close.....

Whether it’s Williams or Perry....they need to be getting reps against LSU. At least 2-3 drives.

A two QB system doesn’t usually work....but it makes sense in this situation, IMO. Too much on the line.

I think that's exactly what'll happen, but it'll be a set number of drives for the backup, whoever that ends up being. Doubt Richt goes with the "go with the hot hand" method. That rarely works. Give the backup qb reps over the first four or five games and reasses things. If whoever the backup is shows that he gives you as good a chance to win as Rosier then you make the move.

There’s always an exception to the rule. Forty years ago they were also sending plays in with rotating guards and some players played on both the defensive side and offensive side of the ball (And halfback Tom Matte quarterbacked 3 games for Don Shula's Baltimore Colts). Do you think we should do that now? Also, how many National Championships did Bobby win using the two headed quarterback system? And since 1979 how many more times did he employ that system? But, let’s put aside the Bowden adventure and list all the college football teams that won National Championships using rotating quarterbacks since 1979?

I'm only pointing out that it's worked successfully in the past. There's always exceptions to the rules.

Bobby turned that team around rotating QB's - and I can't count the number of times I've seen a fresh QB come into a game and completely turn that game around - and the entire season around.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Rosier taking us to the NC this year - so your questions as to how many NC's Bobby won with the dual QB system is not applicable here.

Let's see. How many freshmen or redshirt freshman QB's did very well last year - come to think of it - we won our first National Championship with a redshirt freshman.

According to some, not only is Rosier getting jumped, but Perry and Weldon. Gotta love the net where peoples fantasies become reality in their mind and they broadcast it for the entire world to see.

I'm only pointing out that it's worked successfully in the past. There's always exceptions to the rules.

Bobby turned that team around rotating QB's - and I can't count the number of times I've seen a fresh QB come into a game and completely turn that game around - and the entire season around.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Rosier taking us to the NC this year - so your questions as to how many NC's Bobby won with the dual QB system is not applicable here.

Let's see. How many freshmen or redshirt freshman QB's did very well last year - come to think of it - we won our first National Championship with a redshirt freshman.

If Coach Richt thought the current crop of young, inexperienced QB's were currently better suited to lead the Canes one of them would have already been named the starter.

It's a wholly different concept when following the 70's Bobby Bowden diagram by the rotating of QB's versus replacing a QB with a NEW starting QB.

There is not a human being on the planet earth that currently knows with certainty that Malik Rosier will lead the Canes to a National Championship nor is there one that knows with certainty that he will be the cause for the team not reaching its full potential. Wringing one's hands, continually moaning doom and gloom and predicting Rosier is going to be a disaster serves no positive purpose and only breeds negativity.

Doing my impression of a broken record, but those who are claiming Rosier will be the cause for a failed 2018/2019 Canes football campaign are burying the lead...if the offensive line is not markedly improved then even if Tom Brady took the reigns the offense is going to remain one dimensional and largely ineffectual.

Advertisement
Back