Romello Brinson to the portal

Advertisement
🤷🏾‍♂️

Attachments

• 9024D676-6336-43F7-8714-682496F740B4.gif
    9024D676-6336-43F7-8714-682496F740B4.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Nobody should count on Chaney.

Citizen, let's be real, the odds are against him coming back at 100 percent. Even if his body is, there's the mental side of it. There's far far more examples of it going the wrong direction.

I'm not saying either is done. Whatever Chaney can put out is a plus as his history is one off the field rather than on it. Citizen, young man is a freak and put time in the weight room like a ****, so you know he's going to work. It's just a scary proposition when those are your two backups.

Hoping for the best, but not counting on a thing.

Chaney kills me. He was a stud and you can see that in his freshman year and then here comes the injury. I'm still hopeful on him. I hate seeing running backs get that season ending injury. Very rarely you get a Frank Gore or a Willis McGahee comeback story

Advertisement
Chaney kills me. He was a stud and you can see that in his freshman year and then here comes the injury. I'm still hopeful on him. I hate seeing running backs get that season ending injury. Very rarely you get a Frank Gore or a Willis McGahee comeback story
What is the status of Chaney? Was it just a nick at the end of the Pitt game?

Nobody should count on Chaney.

Citizen, let's be real, the odds are against him coming back at 100 percent. Even if his body is, there's the mental side of it. There's far far more examples of it going the wrong direction.

I'm not saying either is done. Whatever Chaney can put out is a plus as his history is one off the field rather than on it. Citizen, young man is a freak and put time in the weight room like a ****, so you know he's going to work. It's just a scary proposition when those are your two backups.

Hoping for the best, but not counting on a thing.
Knighton got outplayed by a 6th year senior from Bum****, USA and an Ole Miss transfer.

I'm pretty sure we can replicate his production in the portal without much bother - and hey, maybe the transfer won't FUMBLE THE ******* BALL.

Some of you are really weird. You actually believe that players come into the head coach, in his office, and The Lunatic is saying "pack your bags."

That is completely laughable.

He, and the entire staff for that matter, are giving honest appraisals.

That appraisal can include letting the player know that the best chance for playing time isn't at this program, or even at this level.

Although they'd be fools not to take that advice, it's hardly indicative of The Lunatic telling them to get the **** out of Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Knighton got outplayed by a 6th year senior from Bum****, USA and an Ole Miss transfer.

I'm pretty sure we can replicate his production in the portal without much bother - and hey, maybe the transfer won't FUMBLE THE ******* BALL.

Was he now?

Knighton had 4x the amount of yards as Stanley. He had 5.4 YPC to 4.9 to Stanley. Longest rush, again to Knighton, 40 to 14. Knighton did have a fumbling issue, that's big, but if he was getting outplayed they would've gone with the safer option. Stanley didn't get much burn, he was purely a backup and zero threat as a pass catcher as he didn't even have 1.

Knighton averaged more YPC than Parrish. Fumbles again the issue, but Parrish brought something to the table. That's why he started when healthy.

Let's hope you're right on the portal though. Hopefully we have better luck there than we do recruiting one. Knighton is replaceable, but to act like he doesn't have potential is silly. Gotta hold onto the ball, but since he couldn't Parrish got more burn.

Was he now?

Knighton had 4x the amount of yards as Stanley. He had 5.4 YPC to 4.9 to Stanley. Longest rush, again to Knighton, 40 to 14. Knighton did have a fumbling issue, that's big, but if he was getting outplayed they would've gone with the safer option. Stanley didn't get much burn, he was purely a backup and zero threat as a pass catcher as he didn't even have 1.

Knighton averaged more YPC than Parrish. Fumbles again the issue, but Parrish brought something to the table. That's why he started when healthy.

Let's hope you're right on the portal though. Hopefully we have better luck there than we do recruiting one. Knighton is replaceable, but to act like he doesn't have potential is silly. Gotta hold onto the ball, but since he couldn't Parrish got more burn.

Knighton was benched for Stanley. The bold font in your post above clearly outweighs all of the other data you provided.

Interestingly, I was watching MNF with Peyton & Eli. Peyton Manning said something that stuck out. He said, "The single most important thing for an offensive play is to ensure that you still possess the ball at the end of that play." SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Go back through football history and look at the correlation between losing the turnover battle and losing the game. Single most important thing.

Was he now?

He lost 3 fumbles (he fumbled 4 times) on the year. You have zero value to me as a RB if you put the ball on the ground.

Sorry, it just be like that sometimes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unfortunately it's not just one injury (which can happen to anyone). Two years in a row Chaney had major season ending injuries. Plus I believe even in HS he had several injury issues.

Some guys can play 12 years in the NFL and literally never miss a game while other guys are just constantly hurt. Some guys bodies just don't do well with football contact.

Players matter. But scheme and OL matter more.

Ole Miss brought in 5 star transfer Zack Evans only to see a True Freshmen, Quinshon Judkins, rush for 1,400+ yards. Evans still had a great year with 800+ yards rushing.

I don't care about Knighton. The guy was unreliable on the field and is easily replaceable. He averaged less than 4 yards last year on the vaunted Lashlee offense some of y'all love and can't stop coughing up the ball. He's also somewhat injury prone (to be fair...what RB isn't).

Dime a dozen type player that was overhyped because he juked a sh*tty UNC defense on one play. Go get 1 of Christopher Johnson/Mark Fletcher + an instant impact RB and the RB room will actually be improved.

Advertisement
Back