Romello Brinson Latest

Clemson is a powerhouse and they don't primarily recruit SFLA. Our main recruiting area is SFLA. Good luck telling some of these highly rated players that you won't accept their commitment. It's just the cost of doing business down here until you're in a position where you're that type of program, and even then, we won't throw the type of cash around that they will. Florida and FSU seeing the same issues show that it's the kids more than anything.

Scroll back. I edited it with FSU numbers. They have half the number we have. And they lost a bunch when Jimbo left.

We have nearly 100 decommits since 2014!!!

Advertisement
Scroll back. I edited it with FSU numbers. They have half the number we have. And they lost a bunch when Jimbo left.

We have nearly 100 decommits since 2014!!!
We've had no seasons with 10 wins during this time and are on our 3rd HC, and we recruit the most talent filled area of the country. FSU has a national title during this time. The numbers are staggering but I'm not really sure why you're shocked.

Everyone throws out the "savage" label for Manny. Well if he was...

He should politely rescind the scholarship offer and tell the kid to look around and the door is open if he wants to come back.

As @M3N has pointed out. Our current way of doing things isn't working and it literally can't get any worse.

You bend over backwards and take all the nonsense for elite QB's or near sure thing kids like an Evan Neal or Jerry Jeudy etc.

Most other skill position players are dime a dozen.

Don't really see how it's a soft or hard *** thing... we're known as decommit U now, **** kills momentum.
That's stupid and only brought up by some bullchit posters... We are sitting on the largest recruiting hotbed in the entire United States. The kids get exposed to us early and of course, jump at the offer of a schoolie. However, thinking that kid does not want to "see" more schools or be part of the recruiting process is stupid. All the kids and their parents want to be part of the process. If they truly love the U, they stick. If they don't, F'm…

Advertisement
Diaz pushing for early commits is a big red flag. That’s some Al Golden amateur ****. This needs to stop.

Diaz is nothing like Al Folden.
We have a terrible habit of cherry picking one characteristic from Coach A and saying it means they're just like Corch Z, who also had that one characteristic.

"Diaz needs to stop having these boys practice in the morning, Goldy Bear did that trash and it ruined our conditioning."

"Manny can't keep catering to these SFLa skill position players. Richt did it and got left at the altar on NSD!"

"Man I'm sick of seeing hearing about our "decommitment team ranking" every year. Is this Manny Diaz's squad or Mark Golden's?"

Criticism is great where it's warranted, but in this case Miami is going to take commitments from these kids until we are in a position where telling them to hold off doesn't result in another Amari Cooper.

Advertisement
Issue is if Miami didn't offer or accept their commitments, those kids will hold it against us and their coaches and handlers will go on Twitter talking about how kids want to be at Miami but Miami doesn't want them. They use Miami to get other offers.

You right

Pull the ship. Don't need players pulling this **** all the time. Manny needs to send a message and if it makes a kid that wants a kid to be a Cane have to go elsewhere because he wants to play the game, oh well. Sooner or later they will learn.

Dumb. You still recruit the **** of out him.

Not really.

Most of the 21 recruits have been releasing their top list these past few days.

Marcus Tate released his over the weekend, Terrence Lewis put out his top 12 earlier today, 2 high ranked Texas DE's released their top schools list over the weekend as well & a bunch of others have & will over the summer. All of them had Miami on their list.

My whole point is our fans are always overreacting to this stuff as if they're completely unfamiliar with recruiting, none of this sh*t means anything right now.

Even Thad Franklin saying his recruitment is still open isn't a big deal, because if we have a staff worth a **** they're going to continue to recruit the kid & make sure they get him to sign when the time comes.

The main objective is winning on the field, we win, we'll keep these kids locked in, we fck up like we did last year then all bets are off.

I agree with all of this. I suppose it could be a matter of interpretation. To me releasing a top list is more similar to decommitting than saying you just haven't shut it down completely like Franklin. I can respect both, they're just highschool kids. Just play well and keep recruiting. None of this matter.

I just think the larger problem is accepting them so far out. We are an outlier there. It's inevitable kids waiver and it just becomes a bad look on the program IMO.

Everyone throws out the "savage" label for Manny. Well if he was...

He should politely rescind the scholarship offer and tell the kid to look around and the door is open if he wants to come back.

As @M3N has pointed out. Our current way of doing things isn't working and it literally can't get any worse.

You bend over backwards and take all the nonsense for elite QB's or near sure thing kids like an Evan Neal or Jerry Jeudy etc.

Most other skill position players are dime a dozen.

I think you need to take a look at what the word literally means.

Advertisement
Dumb. You still recruit the **** of out him.
You recruit the **** out of someone just as good or better. Kids will eventually learn to grab a spot and hold on to it as when the bus is full it is full and you hope the kids that play games are on the outside looking in.

He had his spot and is choosing to play the game. Can't wait for his top six to include UbaGA, BAMA, Clem$on, AU, someone like Tenne$$ee and UM. We know that story all too well. But pull the ship and moving on is dumb. Looking for a kid that is committed and wants to be a Cane is dumb. Looking for a kid that will not waste our resources is dumb.

Unless you know this kid is going to be 100% a Cane your plan is all well and good until he grabs the Cane hat off the table and throws it to the ground to punk us on his selection day. You can almost see the family in the background now all excited as he picks some hillbilly schools hat as they know he is their cash cow for the next four years.

We waste too much time on divas looking for bags. Then we miss on players that could help us because we have to coddle said diva and their families, only to watch them grab bags in the end. No thanks

You recruit the **** out of someone just as good or better. Kids will eventually learn to grab a spot and hold on to it as when the bus is full it is full and you hope the kids that play games are on the outside looking in.

He had his spot and is choosing to play the game. Can't wait for his top six to include UbaGA, BAMA, Clem$on, AU, someone like Tenne$$ee and UM. We know that story all too well. But pull the ship and moving on is dumb. Looking for a kid that is committed and wants to be a Cane is dumb. Looking for a kid that will not waste our resources is dumb.

Unless you know this kid is going to be 100% a Cane your plan is all well and good until he grabs the Cane hat off the table and throws it to the ground to punk us on his selection day. You can almost see the family in the background now all excited as he picks some hillbilly schools hat as they know he is their cash cow for the next four years.

We waste too much time on divas looking for bags. Then we miss on players that could help us because we have to coddle said diva and their families, only to watch them grab bags in the end. No thanks

If we were anywhere near signing day and he pulled a Harris situation, sure. Not a kid this far out. Plenty of time to keep recruiting him and replacements should it come to that.

As far as resources, if we don't have sufficient resources to keep in contact with Brinson and others, that's the larger problem.

Differing opinions. If you commit, stay committed and help build a class, especially if you are a So. Fla. kid. If you choose to play the commit, decommit game, kick rocks. There is too much talent to choose from, however, while we play the game, other school lock up talent while we get strung along. Then we are playing in a much narrower pool wondering how we got there, and how we get out. Last year was a disgrace, and I hope this staff has learned from their mistakes, but still, your cannot stop the obvious diva from tossing your hat, but you can circumvent it.

I'm sure we have the resources to stay in touch with Brinson. But when does it detract from making gains with other players? The Harris family wanted to be recruited. That was/is a waste of resources. Sooner or later the kid is not worth your time, I don't care what class they are in.

Look at some of the kids that played the game in recruiting, then look at some of the rumors that came out of the locker room last season. I know we had staff issues, but tell me if they completely had beefs, or if a lot was on them, not talking JT. Divas going to diva, and we do not needs divas, unless we want a divided locker room.

Advertisement
Exactly. Our recruiting strategy needs an overhaul big time. Been saying it for years. Offer and recruit, but don’t accept commitments 2 years out. Otherwise will continue to have 10-15 a year.

Defections average: 14 per year
98 decommits since 2014

2014: 9
2015: 14
2016: 25
2017: 14
2018: 5
2019: 17
2020: 12
2021: 2

In that same time span Clemson has had 4 total.

Here's the study everyones been looking for, what happened in 2018 that didnt happen any other of those years?

hint: we won and on big stages

Differing opinions. If you commit, stay committed and help build a class, especially if you are a So. Fla. kid. If you choose to play the commit, decommit game, kick rocks. There is too much talent to choose from, however, while we play the game, other school lock up talent while we get strung along. Then we are playing in a much narrower pool wondering how we got there, and how we get out. Last year was a disgrace, and I hope this staff has learned from their mistakes, but still, your cannot stop the obvious diva from tossing your hat, but you can circumvent it.

I'm sure we have the resources to stay in touch with Brinson. But when does it detract from making gains with other players? The Harris family wanted to be recruited. That was/is a waste of resources. Sooner or later the kid is not worth your time, I don't care what class they are in.

Look at some of the kids that played the game in recruiting, then look at some of the rumors that came out of the locker room last season. I know we had staff issues, but tell me if they completely had beefs, or if a lot was on them, not talking JT. Divas going to diva, and we do not needs divas, unless we want a divided locker room.

I don't disagree, but like I've been saying the real issue is taking a commit from an easily influenced highschool sophomore. Can you really blame the local kid hitting the recruiting scene being excited and committing at the local schools offer? I don't, but the men running the program should have the wherewithal to step back and know it's not likely to stick. The stats don't lie.

Harris is a completely different situation. From his statements to his dad's actions to it actually affecting the current class. If anything his situation highlights what you are saying, that we need backups. It does appear that the staff isn't playing their game so much seeing as we had Height and (likely) Chantz lined up to follow Harris and Anaele exiting.

But I can't criticize a teenage making an emotional decision then having second thoughts a year later as he learns more about what he's getting himself into.

Here's the study everyones been looking for, what happened in 2018 that didnt happen any other of those years?

hint: we won and on big stages

Yes. This x1000. You’re not going to keep kids committed when they commit to a top 10 team and then it turns out we’re the same middling 7 win team we’ve been for 15 yrs.

We also had a coaching change which affected the numbers for the last 2 seasons.

Advertisement
Back