Romello Brinson Latest

Advertisement
Just stop even taking junior commits. All the decommitting shines a negative light and let’s kids use us. If you really want to commit, fine. Wait until senior year
Stop being so soft... The kids just want to get recruited and see something other than Miami. If he is truly a Cane, he will stick. Otherwise, he can GTFOH. Thinking any other way makes no sense...

You mean committed to Miami right now but still open. I thought about it. But honestly, couldn't be bothered. Then when I saw the Brinson thing I got mad..... don't even know why it bothers me right now.
I understand, but it's not as big a deal as our fans make it out to be.

No player is completely committed 2 years ahead of their NSD, just because they're open doesn't mean we won't still land them.

All we have to do is win on the field & show we're a serious option & people will be surprised with how many of these kids we keep.

But the issue is, the staff is always pushing for early commitments & then having nothing to show for it after the season. If we win this year, we'll maintain a top 5 ranked class, just have to get it done on the field.

Interview with Rivals site :

So where does he stand with his Cane commitment level as of now?
“I’m with Miami, but my recruitment is still open,” Franklin said.

Eh this comes off a bit different than Brinson releasing a top list.

Neither surprising

Lol I think ppl are more mad at the fact that he's announcing this before even announcing a decommitment.... I understand the anger but yeah, if it's not about the '20 class, I can care less.

Advertisement
Eh this comes off a bit different than Brinson releasing a top list.

Neither surprising
Not really.

Most of the 21 recruits have been releasing their top list these past few days.

Marcus Tate released his over the weekend, Terrence Lewis put out his top 12 earlier today, 2 high ranked Texas DE's released their top schools list over the weekend as well & a bunch of others have & will over the summer. All of them had Miami on their list.

My whole point is our fans are always overreacting to this stuff as if they're completely unfamiliar with recruiting, none of this sh*t means anything right now.

Even Thad Franklin saying his recruitment is still open isn't a big deal, because if we have a staff worth a **** they're going to continue to recruit the kid & make sure they get him to sign when the time comes.

The main objective is winning on the field, we win, we'll keep these kids locked in, we fck up like we did last year then all bets are off.

We pressure underclassmen to commit to justify some of our events. Clemson has cache now and their motto kind of works...also they pay as well so alot of "decommitts" dont happen. **** they got guys to decommit from the draft with a cash drop.

But we lead the country in decommitments, because we lead the country in pressuring for early commitments out of players 2 years out.
Also too we target the best down in sfla who r the most expensive players so decommits are hella likely especially for us. If we were located in new york this woukdnt be the case because no one will pay for that north talent. Sfla is a different animal it will always look bad for us cause they pay kids in sfla more then any other place because there that **** good

Also too we target the best down in sfla who r the most expensive players so decommits are hella likely especially for us. If we were located in new york this woukdnt be the case because no one will pay for that north talent. Sfla is a different animal it will always look bad for us cause they pay kids in sfla more then any other place because there that **** good

Well if we don’t target them from birth the hold a grudge. Double edged sword

Advertisement
yeah we have to stop taking 2021 commits so early. the big boys don't do at least not this many. UGA and Clemson have no 2021 commits and bama has 1.

yeah we have to stop taking 2021 commits so early. the big boys don't do at least not this many. UGA and Clemson have no 2021 commits and bama has 1.

Exactly. Our recruiting strategy needs an overhaul big time. Been saying it for years. Offer and recruit, but don’t accept commitments 2 years out. Otherwise will continue to have 10-15 a year.

Defections average: 14 per year
98 decommits since 2014

2014: 9
2015: 14
2016: 25
2017: 14
2018: 5
2019: 17
2020: 12
2021: 2

In that same time span Clemson has had 4 total.

Last edited:
This is after the decommits.

View attachment 89729

For a while we had something like 12-13 and the next nearest was USC with 3 for 2021 a few weeks ago. We're the only school getting that many commits a full 2+ years out.

We lead the league in desperation commits and underwhelming success on the field. No secret why we are decommit U.

Clemson doesn't have any 2021 commit. BAMA has 1. Yes I'm using them as a barometer because they're there cream of the crop right now.

Issue is if Miami didn't offer or accept their commitments, those kids will hold it against us and their coaches and handlers will go on Twitter talking about how kids want to be at Miami but Miami doesn't want them. They use Miami to get other offers.

Advertisement
Exactly. Our recruiting strategy needs an overhaul big time. Been saying it for years. Offer and recruit, but don’t accept commitments 2 years out. Otherwise will continue to have 10-15 a year.

98 decommits since 2014

Great data here. It's particularly telling because Clemson was not a top-tier program during the entire period of time. This tells me that our staff needs to have a different approach in accepting early commitments.

This really should not be a controversial point considering the data above.

I know that Miami has had the most de-commitments of any school in recent history, but I'd be interested in seeing the data for other top-tier schools and then other mid-upper tier schools as well. Just to see how much an anomaly we really are, if any.

Advertisement
Great data here. It's particularly telling because Clemson was not a top-tier program during the entire period of time. This tells me that our staff needs to have a different approach in accepting early commitments.

This really should not be a controversial point considering the data above.

I know that Miami has had the most de-commitments of any school in recent history, but I'd be interested in seeing the data for other top-tier schools and then other mid-upper tier schools as well. Just to see how much an anomaly we really are, if any.

Since 1999 (earliest 247 lists) Clemson has had a total of 10 Decomms. One class they lost 6. Must of been when Bowden left. 10 in ******* 20 years!

FSU has had 51 total since 2014.

Alabama had 46 since 2014

UGA has 38 since 2014

OSU has 27 since 2014

Last edited:
Stop being so soft... The kids just want to get recruited and see something other than Miami. If he is truly a Cane, he will stick. Otherwise, he can GTFOH. Thinking any other way makes no sense...

Don't really see how it's a soft or hard *** thing... we're known as decommit U now, **** kills momentum.

98 decommits since 2014

Clemson is a powerhouse and they don't primarily recruit SFLA. Our main recruiting area is SFLA. Good luck telling some of these highly rated players that you won't accept their commitment. It's just the cost of doing business down here until you're in a position where you're that type of program, and even then, we won't throw the type of cash around that they will. Florida and FSU seeing the same issues show that it's the kids more than anything.

We pressure underclassmen to commit to justify some of our events. Clemson has cache now and their motto kind of works...also they pay as well so alot of "decommitts" dont happen. **** they got guys to decommit from the draft with a cash drop.

But we lead the country in decommitments, because we lead the country in pressuring for early commitments out of players 2 years out.

What kind of bag are they dropping to keep 1st rounders? 10 + mill?

Advertisement
Back