Romello Brinson Latest

Advertisement
Them KKK bags will make black families sell their kids to the devil. It sucks to see so many people rallying in these streets for justice and then watch families still intent on selling their kids to the KKK for short-term gain.
In the end everyone is just trying to get theirs. Hypocrisy is rampant among all skin tones. Dont believe the narratives, people literally using the dead to further agendas, that is all.

I mean those are 2 pretty big & significant losses considering how hard we went after them and how long we recruited them .....

One could argue those are the only two that we really went head to head with UGA for, and we went 0-2, lol. If UGA wants Brinson, and apparently they do according to their 247 guy, then I don't see him picking us. JMO, hope I'm wrong but the second he put out a tweet saying he was committing on the 13th I didn't really feel good about our chances and that was BEFORE I knew he was a take for UGA. I guess we'll see.

Advertisement
I mean those are 2 pretty big & significant losses considering how hard we went after them and how long we recruited them .....

One could argue those are the only two that we really went head to head with UGA for, and we went 0-2, lol. If UGA wants Brinson, and apparently they do according to their 247 guy, then I don't see him picking us. JMO, hope I'm wrong but the second he put out a tweet saying he was committing on the 13th I didn't really feel good about our chances and that was BEFORE I knew he was a take for UGA. I guess we'll see.

yes. it felt like an invitation to get some bidding going... Rusty Mansell has said very little about Brinson other than "he is a take". He hasn't indicated they have him high on their board. It seems like they want at least one other guy who is higher on the board than Brinson but they are up against LSU, Bama, and OU for that guy. And it isn't clear if UGA is taking 2 or 3 WR. Seems more to me like the "behind the scenes" he is referring to is the negotiating...

Think UGA may be getting played to drum up hype for once.
Have optimistically thought the same thing.

I want to see a commitment video drop where he puts on the UGA hat and Brantley busts in, smacks off his head and starts yelling “QUIT PLAYIN’!” Tape cuts out and then Brinson, Burns, Hammet and Brantley are throwing up the U, screaming “And we ain’t done yet!”

Advertisement
Sure would ease the WR concerns because it looks like the Nabers hype is fading. Brinson would give us a sure thing on the outside but even if he commits to UGA, we will have our shot at the end of the day once we perform. Same goes for the alternative though, if he commits to us and we don't perform then ...

Advertisement
Mansell is saying they are taking 2 WR now. 4 star WR Brian Thomas from La is top of the board. UGA competing with LSU, Bama and TAMU. Kid not making decision until he visits all schools per his father.

4 star Malcolm Johnson from Maryland is also at the top of their board. Bama, LSU, Auburn, UF in this too

Mansell is saying they are taking 2 WR now. 4 star WR Brian Thomas from La is top of the board. UGA competing with LSU, Bama and TAMU. Kid not making decision until he visits all schools per his father.

4 star Malcolm Johnson from Maryland is also at the top of their board. Bama, LSU, Auburn, UF in this too
Not including Colzie and Isaiah Brevard

Advertisement
Here are the national Rivals writers thoughts today and why they moved their cb:

Less than a week before Romello Brinsonwill announce his choice of college, things remain a bit murky. Usually by this stage, most have a good handle on where any high-profile prospect may land. The only thing clear as it relates to Brinson, however, is that just three schools in his official top five have any real chance of hearing their name when the Miami Northwestern receiver announces his commitment on June 13.

1. MIAMI
Miami feels good about where it stands with Brinson headed into his announcement. The in-demand wideout has already been committed to the Hurricanes once but backed off that pledge in November of last year. So while there’s little to separate Miami and Georgia at the moment, we’ll give Miami the edge on the basis of familiarity and proximity to home. UM has always been in the picture, sure, but it seems Manny Diaz and company made up a ton of ground during the pandemic. The smart money is on the Hurricanes

2. GEORGIA
Like Miami, Kirby Smart’s staff feels relatively ok about where they stand. That’s been the case for weeks, but that confidence seems to have faded slightly in recent days. Brinson visited UGA on March 1, and Smart hopes that visit might be what makes the difference. The Bulldogs looked like an afterthought in the race to land the Rivals250 prospect until Brinson hit campus and left with a new appreciation for the program. UGA may miss out here, but it won’t be by much.

3. TEXAS A&M
A&M’s confidence in its ability to land Brinson has waned in recent weeks. The fact that Brinson hasn’t been to College Station since February certainly works against the Aggies. Brinson loves Jimbo Fisher’s staff and always finds a way to mention how well they recruit him, but the geographical distance combined with a pandemic-mandated dead period will likely prove to be too much for A&M to overcome. The Aggies are certainly still alive here, but it would be a minor shock should they be the choice,

Not including Colzie and Isaiah Brevard

There's alot of "confusion" as to where Colzie is right now. Mansell isn't answering any questions about him. It almost seems like he may want to commit but they aren't ready to take his commitment right now. He seems like a Plan B guy at this point.

Saw where their WR Coach tweeted out some edits for Malcolm Johnson and maybe Marcus Burke. None for Brinson. Could be nothing. Could be something.

Rivals also has a "Ranking the Contenders" article that has us ahead of UGA. States that confidence has faded in UGA in recent days and smart money is on Canes.

Brinson pick up puts pressure, IMO, on the likes of B Smith, Alexis, and Yul for last WR spot. We've discussed a lot about the versatility of B Smith and Yul. You'd think if they are really feeling Miami, one would sooner rather than later IF we do land Brinson.

Could get fun real quick!

Here are the national Rivals writers thoughts today and why they moved their cb:

Less than a week before Romello Brinsonwill announce his choice of college, things remain a bit murky. Usually by this stage, most have a good handle on where any high-profile prospect may land. The only thing clear as it relates to Brinson, however, is that just three schools in his official top five have any real chance of hearing their name when the Miami Northwestern receiver announces his commitment on June 13.

1. MIAMI
Miami feels good about where it stands with Brinson headed into his announcement. The in-demand wideout has already been committed to the Hurricanes once but backed off that pledge in November of last year. So while there’s little to separate Miami and Georgia at the moment, we’ll give Miami the edge on the basis of familiarity and proximity to home. UM has always been in the picture, sure, but it seems Manny Diaz and company made up a ton of ground during the pandemic. The smart money is on the Hurricanes

2. GEORGIA
Like Miami, Kirby Smart’s staff feels relatively ok about where they stand. That’s been the case for weeks, but that confidence seems to have faded slightly in recent days. Brinson visited UGA on March 1, and Smart hopes that visit might be what makes the difference. The Bulldogs looked like an afterthought in the race to land the Rivals250 prospect until Brinson hit campus and left with a new appreciation for the program. UGA may miss out here, but it won’t be by much.

3. TEXAS A&M
A&M’s confidence in its ability to land Brinson has waned in recent weeks. The fact that Brinson hasn’t been to College Station since February certainly works against the Aggies. Brinson loves Jimbo Fisher’s staff and always finds a way to mention how well they recruit him, but the geographical distance combined with a pandemic-mandated dead period will likely prove to be too much for A&M to overcome. The Aggies are certainly still alive here, but it would be a minor shock should they be the choice,

Sorry for the recap of this post! I should've copied it. Hahaha. Gotta feel good about things with this article.

Advertisement
Back