Romancane voices his opinion on "handlers".

Interesting about the restaurant. That would tell me all I need to know about that kid. It really is about getting the right kids, not just the most talented. I will also be curious to see the evolution in College Station over the next couple of years. Jimbo reminds me a lot of Urban Meyer in that they recruit talent at the expense of character. Almost every place they touch ends up with major problems after a few years.
Another excellent post! You should post on here more often. Spot on analysis, and I agree that he has many similarities with Urban, and not the good kind.

Advertisement
lol purity. there was never anything pure about CFB. was SMU pure? were we pure in the 90s? no. its always been dirty. the only thing pure about it was the bond you have with it bc it represented the college you went to and the experiences you had there.
No doubt. As long as humans are involved, someone will always be looking for an unfair advantage.... But anyone can see the downward slope that we're on. At what point do you lose your love of the game because you're simply buying victories. How can I sit there as an Alabama fan and feel like we won all of our trophies simply because we worked harder and wanted it more? They know deep down they bought their success. Look, it is what it is. I just feel like there's a lot less satisfaction these days. I'm not naïve, I just imagine at some point I'll be too disgusted to care.

Excellent post!

I’m of the belief that you don’t pay a sniveling rat like Moe a cent. In my opinion, Mario did the right thing and is sending a message. Moe is a dumb@$$ because he might have just cost any talented kid that plays for him in the future a chance to ever be a Cane if he’s involved in their recruitment.

Having read what Shemar did on his visit this past weekend should have been a huge warning sign. Dude chose his own restaurant to go eat at, instead of trying to bond with the other recruits. Two things stood out for me about this kind of behavior:

1. The young man has some major diva tendencies, and is likely to be a headache in the future.

2. Mario went to eat with the rest of the recruits to the Rusty Pelican, instead of to Prime 112 with Shemar and Moe, which to me shows that by that point Mario knew what he was dealing with, and chose the correct path, in my opinion. This isn’t his first rodeo.

In conclusion, we may have lost the battle, but I think that Mario will win the war.

Moe will most likely be persona non-grata to many people in the 305. He better start looking for a different area code, get a tummy tuck, liposuction, a disguise, and a change of identity.
probably avoided a major head case down the line :

No doubt. As long as humans are involved, someone will always be looking for an unfair advantage.... But anyone can see the downward slope that we're on. At what point do you lose your love of the game because you're simply buying victories. How can I sit there as an Alabama fan and feel like we won all of our trophies simply because we worked harder and wanted it more? They know deep down they bought their success. Look, it is what it is. I just feel like there's a lot less satisfaction these days. I'm not naïve, I just imagine at some point I'll be too disgusted to care.
I care more about the natty. im not oblivious as to how its done nd honestly don't care. I didn't ***** when the heat won with Hebron wade and bosh bc how we did. I enjoyed every second of it. every sport is based on talent acquisition.

Relevant points.

Should Shemar to go the school that has 20 DLs to fill 3 spots, or the school that has 10 DLs to fill 4 spots?

I get that 5-stars are confident in their abilities, but come on. There are only so many snaps per game.
No doubt. Hey. All good if he wants to go to ATM and play with a better unit. I just don’t want to hear anyone say playing time was the tipping point after looking at both rosters.

Advertisement
honestly, you don't think we ever paid off a handler to land a kid? come on now. Kirby was involved in the recruitment lol. the **** you talking about. they had SS come in the weekend before his visit with us. they were in his final 3. UGA tried to land him and they didn't. ATM also took Jacoby Matthews from LSU and Bama. they just landed everyone this cycle
You are one of the biggest porsters on this board. For the longest time I have tried to ignore your posts, but a great number of your takes are awful.

Kirby knows how to play the game better than anyone, and it’s obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills that they did not outbid Jimbob for a reason. Jawja usually gets who they want, and they have the money to buy who they want. That’s why they have landed such ridiculous classes the last few years.

Would Kirby have liked to land Shemar? Absolutely.

Did he go all-out to try to land him? Absolutely NOT.

Perkins was a similar situation to Shemar. A crazy *** momma and camp. So crazy that not even Jimbob wanted a part of that, so he let the kid walk.

As I said, there are levels to this, and every situation is different. It’s not a “one size fits all” type of business. I guarantee you that every time that these coaches are meeting with these kids and their mentors, handlers, parents, etc., they are getting a read and a feel for what they are or will be dealing with.

If Ruiz and Co. didn’t try to outbid Jimbob, it was for a good reason. In the end, Shemar and Moe might have played themselves.

Last edited:
Attending a basketball clinic, Frank Martin was asked why he didn't recruit South Florida as hard as he used to. Frank basically said I like to deal with the recruits, and their parents, in Dade and Broward county to many folks get involved, and muddy things up.

Last edited:
No Clue why Miami Flo gets so much hate on this board. Dudes Genuine and says when he misses. Seems like a good dude and really trying to help the kids. Shoutout to him.
Any time ive ever seen his name ont his board it was for something that is completely wrong.

I'd say just stop posting guys like that as "insiders" when they truly have nothing

Advertisement
You are one of the biggest porsters on this board. For the longest time I have tried to ignore your posts, but a great number of your takes are awful.

Kirby knows how to play the game better than anyone, and it’s obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills that they did not outbid Jimbob for a reason. Jawja usually gets who they want, and they have the money to buy who they want. That’s why they have landed such ridiculous classes the last few years.

Would Kirby would have liked to land Shemar? Absolutely.

Did he go all-out to try to land him? Absolutely NOT.

Perkins was a similar situation to Shemar. A crazy *** momma and camp. So crazy that not even Jimbob wanted a part of that, so he let the kid walk.

As I said, there are levels to this, and every situation is different. It’s not a “one size fits all” type of business. I guarantee you that every time that these coaches are meeting with these kids and their mentors, handlers, parents, etc., they are getting a read and a feel for what they are or will be dealing with.

If Ruiz and Co. didn’t try to outbid Jimbob, it was for a good reason. In the end, Shemar and Moe might have played themselves.
Cool believe in Santa if you want. How do you know we didn’t out bid atms offer to Shemar in the end? Notice how I said to Shemar

He likely makes more than that...as he is in control of the NIL for Shemar. You have to contact him...if Shemar blows up and starts making cheese ..my man gets a piece.
Not a bad deal.
Is pj cooney still doing Leonard Taylor’s?

Is pj cooney still doing Leonard Taylor’s?
Yes probably.

It is what it is.

Everyone wa splaying catch up on Shemar's recruitment.

I 100% believe when @SouthParkCane Stated what he saw on that visit he was at that Shemar was there.

Like i said...if a S.FLA kid is making multiple trips to a backwoods type or non elite school...just chuck that up as a loss.

Crootin history has shown...from the Sammy Watkins, to the Shemar Stewart's..S.fla elites dont just randomly go to Clemson,Sc or College Station,TX for the views...they are interested...and they are interested because they have gotten upfront bread.

My man had on a BURGUNDY BLAZER COAT...he didnt go to JC PENNEY to get that the day b4...That was a fitted blazer that he had to go purchase and get tailored...all that talk about us in it or making a move or the decision was made the night b4 o 2 days before is ALWAYS BS. The kids almost comically give it up with their signing day attire.
I remember ..as i signed on National Signing Day albe it div 1AA at the time but all my teammates went an got fitted for their suits to match the team they were picking a week or 2 before...everything else was showmanship to keep ppl guessing lol

Advertisement
donnell Bennet landed us Stacy Coley. we loved it then.
Donnell was a former Cane, and wasn’t a handler. He didn’t have his hand out for a huge payday, and didn’t sell Coley to the U. These are 2 totally different circumstances.

There is a difference between a mentor and a handler. A mentor gives advice, and a handler sells off a kid for the right price.

Excellent post!

I’m of the belief that you don’t pay a sniveling rat like Moe a cent. In my opinion, Mario did the right thing and is sending a message. Moe is a dumb@$$ because he might have just cost any talented kid that plays for him in the future a chance to ever be a Cane if he’s involved in their recruitment.

Having read what Shemar did on his visit this past weekend should have been a huge warning sign. Dude chose his own restaurant to go eat at, instead of trying to bond with the other recruits. Two things stood out for me about this kind of behavior:

1. The young man has some major diva tendencies, and is likely to be a headache in the future.

2. Mario went to eat with the rest of the recruits to the Rusty Pelican, instead of to Prime 112 with Shemar and Moe, which to me shows that by that point Mario knew what he was dealing with, and chose the correct path, in my opinion. This isn’t his first rodeo.

In conclusion, we may have lost the battle, but I think that Mario will win the war.

Moe will most likely be persona non-grata to many people in the 305. He better start looking for a different area code, get a tummy tuck, liposuction, a disguise, and a change of identity.
This stood out to me, too.....

Advertisement
This stood out to me, too.....
As you well know, there are many clues during a recruitment that many people either choose to ignore, or they don’t notice because of their excitement at possibly landing a prized recruit.

Shemar and Moe left us numerous clues as to who they were choosing, but as fans, we always hold out hope that our gut instinct is wrong.

If guys like @Cribby and @Roman are telling us that Moe is a rat, then we better listen and take them at their word. This isn’t sour grapes, it’s just the facts.

Bunch of salt in here. Don’t worry we’ll land the elite of the elite in 23 esp w more time. This staff when complete will know how to land the kids.

Are you suggesting that Mario hasn't had to deal with handlers in the past? I doubt that.
In his past at Bama he never had to worry about it being on the side where deposits are made nonstop. We don't pay for kids here like that so no dealing with a handler from the Miami coaching side is different than Bama as an example.

As you well know, there are many clues during a recruitment that many people either choose to ignore, or they don’t notice because of their excitement at possibly landing a prized recruit.

Shemar and Moe left us numerous clues as to who they were choosing, but as fans, we always hold out hope that our gut instinct is wrong.

If guys like @Cribby and @Roman are telling us that Moe is a rat, then we better listen and take them at their word. This isn’t sour grapes, it’s just the facts.
@Liberty City El called this awhile ago and was dead on.

What I find funny are all the people saying “ it was obvious what he was going to do or this was done awhile ago”. It’s easy to say that when you aren’t in the room doing business. After you meet every demand no matter how ridiculous you expect a commitment. It’s easy to play the result. Miami did their part and then some with a big Nil deal.

Fact is he used Miami and then after doing that throws them under the bus. Like he chose TAMU for that great education. We all knew where Moes bread was buttered and where he was pushing SS. There’s a reason he was always pushing Tamu and setting up excuses in advance.

Advertisement
Back