Romancane voices his opinion on "handlers".

Advertisement
Part of the reason I grew up loving college football over the NFL was because of the purity of it. It wasn't about contracts and money and trading players. It was about the traditions and rivalries. Now I don't know what to think. I would almost prefer if they created an amateur league (unaffiliated with colleges) where the best players could play and get paid before the NFL. Universities could still have their own "lesser talented" teams that kept the same purity the game was invented for.

He's on a useless rant. "handlers" are there for a reason, and there isn't anything people can do about it. Handlers can be their father, mother, coach, and/or mentor. If you want to recruit with the big boys, you gotta beat them at their own game. If TAMU out recruited us then that's on Diaz for not getting him interested in Miami, and Mario didn't have enough time to resuscitate that with a 1/4 staff. If we lost him to bags, and we have bags ourselves, then we need to make sure this doesn't happen again if this is the type of kid we want on the roster. If TAMU is offering to pay the kid and the handler, then we can't just say "we're the local team, we'll pay the player and give the handler cheese sticks".

We can bytch and moan all we want, but Cam Newton aint carry his team to a championship because he liked Gus. They paid that boy.
This.

If youre scared, go to church!

A handler, whether it be a pastor, counselor, teacher, coach, or parent, is someone in a position of influence. We don't complain when certain kids 'handlers ' dont want them far from home ? We cant ***** just cause it didn't turn ot our way. We just hired a top 2023 recruits brother to be our GA...... we're playing the game too!

Shemar and Moe got what they were looking for and aTm jut bought its best recruiting class ever. We'll catch up

He's on a useless rant. "handlers" are there for a reason, and there isn't anything people can do about it. Handlers can be their father, mother, coach, and/or mentor. If you want to recruit with the big boys, you gotta beat them at their own game. If TAMU out recruited us then that's on Diaz for not getting him interested in Miami, and Mario didn't have enough time to resuscitate that with a 1/4 staff. If we lost him to bags, and we have bags ourselves, then we need to make sure this doesn't happen again if this is the type of kid we want on the roster. If TAMU is offering to pay the kid and the handler, then we can't just say "we're the local team, we'll pay the player and give the handler cheese sticks".

We can bytch and moan all we want, but Cam Newton aint carry his team to a championship because he liked Gus. They paid that boy.
bingo.

I forgot who said it on here, but this is a big time SEC recruitment. if you want to get involved in that, you better come prepared. if it means paying off an entire generation of Stewarts and moes, do it if you want the talent. you think Bama cares if they have to pay another dude to land someone? nah, its the cost of talent acquisition. the local hometown **** wont work for every recruit.

Advertisement
Part of the reason I grew up loving college football over the NFL was because of the purity of it. It wasn't about contracts and money and trading players. It was about the traditions and rivalries. Now I don't know what to think. I would almost prefer if they created an amateur league (unaffiliated with colleges) where the best players could play and get paid before the NFL. Universities could still have their own "lesser talented" teams that kept the same purity the game was invented for.
lol purity. there was never anything pure about CFB. was SMU pure? were we pure in the 90s? no. its always been dirty. the only thing pure about it was the bond you have with it bc it represented the college you went to and the experiences you had there.

It is a nasty game as Mr Cribby said and a reflection of the corruption and greed in our world today. I'm sure people are right about it not going away unfortunately. What's funny to me is how quick all these message board experts are to spend other people's money. They say "we gotta play big boy ball". What does that mean? There's no we. They must be referring to the people that have money. They can and will spend it how they choose. If you want to start paying these "mentor" leeches, come up with your own cash.
Excellent post!

I’m of the belief that you don’t pay a sniveling rat like Moe a cent. In my opinion, Mario did the right thing and is sending a message. Moe is a dumb@$$ because he might have just cost any talented kid that plays for him in the future a chance to ever be a Cane if he’s involved in their recruitment.

Having read what Shemar did on his visit this past weekend should have been a huge warning sign. Dude chose his own restaurant to go eat at, instead of trying to bond with the other recruits. Two things stood out for me about this kind of behavior:

1. The young man has some major diva tendencies, and is likely to be a headache in the future.

2. Mario went to eat with the rest of the recruits to the Rusty Pelican, instead of to Prime 112 with Shemar and Moe, which to me shows that by that point Mario knew what he was dealing with, and chose the correct path, in my opinion. This isn’t his first rodeo.

In conclusion, we may have lost the battle, but I think that Mario will win the war.

Moe will most likely be persona non-grata to many people in the 305. He better start looking for a different area code, get a tummy tuck, liposuction, a disguise, and a change of identity.

This.

If youre scared, go to church!

A handler, whether it be a pastor, counselor, teacher, coach, or parent, is someone in a position of influence. We don't complain when certain kids 'handlers ' dont want them far from home ? We cant ***** just cause it didn't turn ot our way. We just hired a top 2023 recruits brother to be our GA...... we're playing the game too!

Shemar and Moe got what they were looking for and aTm jut bought its best recruiting class ever. We'll catch up
donnell Bennet landed us Stacy Coley. we loved it then.

Excellent post!

I’m of the belief that you don’t pay a sniveling rat like Moe a cent. In my opinion, Mario did the right thing and is sending a message. Moe is a dumb@$$ because he might have just cost any talented kid that plays for him in the future a chance to ever be a Cane if he’s involved in their recruitment.

Having read what Shemar did on his visit this past weekend should have been a huge warning sign. Dude chose his own restaurant to go eat at, instead of trying to bond with the other recruits. Two things stood out for me about this kind of behavior:

1. The young man has some major diva tendencies, and is likely to be a headache in the future.

2. Mario went to eat with the rest of the recruits to the Rusty Pelican, instead of to Prime 112 with Shemar and Moe, which to me shows that by that point Mario knew what he was dealing with, and chose the correct path, in my opinion. This isn’t his first rodeo.

In conclusion, we may have lost the battle, but I think that Mario will win the war.

Moe will most likely be persona non-grata to many people in the 305. He better start looking for a different area code, get a tummy tuck, liposuction, a disguise, and a change of identity.

lol. again, if you want to win the big time SEC battles (this was a top 10 national recruit), you play the game. we play the game too and idc if its Mario coaching us or anyone else. Mario knows the game. we just didn't do everything we needed to nd that's fine, but if you come with this attitude, we will always lose the big time battles with the SEC for the uber elite kids like Shemar. ATM landed like 5 or 6 top 20 kids. you want to win, that's how you do it.

Advertisement
All facts from Roman but the sad truth is this is the game. If a kid has a prominent handler he's gotta get his or else we can't land the prize. This will be a learning opportunity for MC, Ruiz, and all the other boosters.
Are you suggesting that Mario hasn't had to deal with handlers in the past? I doubt that.

“handlers” are not the problem. The ones like coach moe are indeed a issue. I was the “handler” for a high profile A&M commit and I only was there to offer guidance. It’s necessary for some of these young men but people like coach moe ruin such relationships when players seek you out for guidance and you have your hand out
How many photoshoots did you get to take with your aTm commit? :ROFLMAO:

There's nothing wrong with wiser / more experienced coaches advising 17/18 year olds. I'm a smart guy, but I'd have been overwhelmed at 18 with 30 coaches all telling me the sun shines out of my ****.

As you well know, 'Handlers' colloquially refers to those that leech off these players for profit - they send them to the highest bidder. Coach Moe is a prime example, but he's not alone.

Excellent post!

Interesting about the restaurant. That would tell me all I need to know about that kid. It really is about getting the right kids, not just the most talented. I will also be curious to see the evolution in College Station over the next couple of years. Jimbo reminds me a lot of Urban Meyer in that they recruit talent at the expense of character. Almost every place they touch ends up with major problems after a few years.

Advertisement

There's nothing wrong with wiser / more experienced coaches advising 17/18 year olds. I'm a smart guy, but I'd have been overwhelmed at 18 with 30 coaches all telling me the sun shines out of my ****.

As you well know, 'Handlers' colloquially refers to those that leech off these players for profit - they send them to the highest bidder. Coach Moe is a prime example, but he's not alone.
**** no photo shoots. 🤣 but that’s not my style. I’m a younger guy too so I just enjoy the experience of getting to see it all with the guys I’m helping out.

now, SS seemed to like his visits to ATM and did bond w their class. even South Park said, he did enjoy his visits there. it happens tho. we lost a recruitment but Mario even getting us close shows what **** do in the future

Yeah, just like us “not having a DC “ was an issue . So miami hires a DC. That was BS and so is the latest Bs of guaranteeing a starting job”. It was always going to be something.
Yep. His tweet about not having the DC hired earlier was pretty telling. There was nothing more that could've been done to get him here.

Advertisement
Interesting about the restaurant. That would tell me all I need to know about that kid. It really is about getting the right kids, not just the most talented. I will also be curious to see the evolution in College Station over the next couple of years. Jimbo reminds me a lot of Urban Meyer in that they recruit talent at the expense of character. Almost every place they touch ends up with major problems after a few years.

lol nah you get the most talented too. if you stack the deck enough, you have such an advantage even if a kid flames out and leaves. Bama loses people yearly but it doesn't matter bc they got the next man up who's just as talented. shemar may be the nicest person on earth and a hard worker on the field, but elite kids have handlers and you gotta recruit both of them. ****, we did that when we took them to a diff restaurant on their visit. we took hurts to LIV lol.

I am not a Shemar expert but what I have seen from him:
1) Great Soph tape very lean and explosive
2) Junior year hurt most of the time people question his love for the game and mental toughness
3) Senior tape kids looks really big and thick and more like a DT
4) When I watch the camp circuit before his junior season with Leonard Taylor in the videos he is not more athletic than LT. Kind of surprised he did not look more explosive.
5) Kid and his handler seemed to have many demands that I don’t think would have fit well with the culture Mario will create.
6) Seemed kind of corny at the press conference .
7) Where is his father. There is no way I would let my son and his future be manipulated by some fat slob high school coach.
8) Lots of bodies to feed at A&M and kids that got paid so will be an interesting dynamic in their locker room. Some kids will have buyers remorse.
9) If I am Mario I would not take him back. We will have some nice DEs after 2023 in Kelly, Moss, Bain, and 1-2 more elites from 2023.
agree on all points : remembering that DE from out west Dennis Johnson ( with the ridiculous video), couldn't get off the bench, transferred back to Oregon and switch to TE, decent TE.

lol. again, if you want to win the big time SEC battles (this was a top 10 national recruit), you play the game. we play the game too and idc if its Mario coaching us or anyone else. Mario knows the game. we just didn't do everything we needed to nd that's fine, but if you come with this attitude, we will always lose the big time battles with the SEC for the uber elite kids like Shemar. ATM landed like 5 or 6 top 20 kids. you want to win, that's how you do it.
You should obviously be our head coach or AD then, since you are so sure that you know what you’re talking about. I wouldn’t hire you to sweep the floors with that kind of business acumen.

If you pay Moe what he demands, when does it end. What’s to say that Moe doesn’t like how Shemar is being used by the staff and within a year has him transfer out to A&M, or worse, tries to extort Ruiz and the Columbus crew for more money?

There are levels to this, and every situation is different. It takes people with great business acumen to know how to handle each one on an individual basis.

If Saban, Kirby, and Taint were not involved in this recruitment, then you better believe that they knew that there were major red flags with Moe and Shemar’s camp.

When is the last time that Baga and Jawja didn’t fight for a South Florida top 10 National recruit? Common sense should tell you that if these guys didn’t want to get involved, it was because they knew the extremely dangerous waters that they would be treading.

You should obviously be our head coach or AD then, since you are so sure that you know what you’re talking about. I wouldn’t hire you to sweep the floors with that kind of business acumen.

If you pay Moe what he demands, when dies it end. What’s to say that Moe doesn’t like how Shemar is being used by the staff and within a year has him transfer out to A&M, or worse, tries to extort Ruiz and the Columbus crew for more money?

There are levels to this, and every situation is different. It takes people with great business acumen to know how to handle each one on an individual basis.

If Saban, Kirby, and Taint were not involved in this recruitment, then you better believe that they knew that there were major red flags with Moe and Shemar’s camp.

When is the last time that Baga and Jawja didn’t fight for a South Florida top 10 National recruit? Common sense should tell you that if these guys didn’t want to get involved, it was because they knew the extremely dangerous waters that they would be treading.
honestly, you don't think we ever paid off a handler to land a kid? come on now. Kirby was involved in the recruitment lol. the **** you talking about. they had SS come in the weekend before his visit with us. they were in his final 3. UGA tried to land him and they didn't. ATM also took Jacoby Matthews from LSU and Bama. they just landed everyone this cycle

Advertisement
Back