Romancane voices his opinion on "handlers".

Advertisement
If it was just Shemar I think the money is equal UM lands him. But this ran through Moe and I dont think UM was ever going to pay that fat ******* what A&M was. We were just being used as a bargaining chip to drive up the price, it was never a real competition.

Moe was the NY Giants and we were the Brian Flores in this game. A necessary sidepiece on the path to a pre-determined end result.

Absolutely zero % chance that is true lol He would walk in today as the second best player on that DL most likely. he would likely start at some point this year after getting some time with a college S&C program. Conversely, he would walk into A&M with about 14 players ahead of him on the DL rotation.
I'm guessing Jimbo promised he'd start. The same promise that he made to the other 38 defensive linemen on the roster. The same promise that he's making to that 2023 recruit who is reclassifying.

Unfortunately the fine print on page 38 of the A&M contract guarantees starts up to an including "scout team".

We need more money, and need to pay players. That's the only takeaway. This has been true for decades.

If it was just Shemar I think the money is equal UM lands him. But this ran through Moe and I dont think UM was ever going to pay that fat ******* what A&M was. We were just being used as a bargaining chip to drive up the price, it was never a real competition.

Moe was the NY Giants and we were the Brian Flores in this game. A necessary sidepiece on the path to a pre-determined end result.
The only question I have is, if the outcome was predetermined why didn't Stewart sign in December? I'm presuming it was to drive up the price, but if we're to believe the external communications no amount of NIL deal was going to separate him from A&M.

And if it was to drive up the price, why don't more five star players do it? I get others wanting to secure their spots, but why would any five star player sign on ESD? Why not drive it down to the wire and inflate the bidding process as much as possible? Perhaps that is the future in the NIL era.

Advertisement
Is pj cooney still doing Leonard Taylor’s?
Dude this is so ****ed up and on so many levels , especially coming from a Miami fan. You just compared over a half a million dollar deal lol to peanuts. Literal peanuts.

The Taylors were never getting down like that , he could’ve left and made a huge amount of money. But his family is super tight and they didn’t want fo be far apart. That’s why I was so confident he’d stay home. So disparaging a good family and kid like that is super messed up imo. When the situations are nothing alike.

And just to add, sometimes you're going to lose a bidding war. At some point, a program is going to want that specific player so much, that you can't do anything else.

Some of you just really want to defend the recruit for some reason, when they are players in on the extortion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude this is so ****ed up and on so many levels , especially coming from a Miami fan. You just compared over a half a million dollar deal lol to peanuts. Literal peanuts.

The Taylors were never getting down like that , he could’ve left and made a huge amount of money. But his family is super tight and they didn’t want fo be far apart. That’s why I was so confident he’d stay home. So disparaging a good family and kid like that is super messed up imo. When the situations are nothing alike.
I never said they're the same. I didn't even say they're alike. I know sheMars situation w moe is diff from LT. I was just wondering if Cooney still did LTs deals bc I remember seeing that last year after Go Geta said that Moe is handling Shemar. obviously, moe got a piece of bread to get shemar to ATM. it isn't a secret there and I m fine with us plying the game. I don't even think its bad. it sucks for us bc were on the wrong end but id do the same **** if I were a school. im in the business of acquiring talent by any means. if it means, you pay an agent a few bucks or few hundred thousand and your budget is unlimited, so be it.

but anyways, a lot of high and mighty attitudes in here overall. its CFB. for us, its entertainment. I want to see the most talented kids stay in miami.

I never said they're the same. I didn't even say they're alike. I know sheMars situation w moe is diff from LT. I was just wondering if Cooney still did LTs deals bc I remember seeing that last year after Go Geta said that Moe is handling Shemar. obviously, moe got a piece of bread to get shemar to ATM. it isn't a secret there and I m fine with us plying the game. I don't even think its bad. it sucks for us bc were on the wrong end but id do the same **** if I were a school. im in the business of acquiring talent by any means. if it means, you pay an agent a few bucks or few hundred thousand and your budget is unlimited, so be it.

but anyways, a lot of high and mighty attitudes in here overall. its CFB. for us, its entertainment. I want to see the most talented kids stay in miami.
You put them in the thread that’s about Moe / Shemar which is for comparative reasons. Then you used Donnell Bennet with Coley. How should one take that ?

You put them in the thread that’s about Moe / Shemar which is for comparative reasons. Then you used Donnell Bennet with Coley. How should one take that ?

you don't think Bennett helped get coley here when they were at northeast? there's an article saying that coley would run his recruiting inquiries through donnell which is fine. look I know the details of how Troutman recruiting went (im not an insider but that one was neat since his uncle who raised Deshawn was my groomsman cousin/uncle). I know how some of these coaches work and how they want their kids getting recruited, etc. at least w how Edgewater handled it and stuff that went on after he committed here. not saying that's how it all is though just that specific one. along with that, im not even mad at moe lol. im not gonna blame him for losing out on Shemar. we lose some we win some. if it were me, id put moe in a suite anywhere in miami if he wanted it if it meant getting shemar.

Some of you just really want to defend the recruit for some reason, when they are players in on the extortion.
Im not defending, **** I hope he gets as fat as Moe and never amounts to anything in football after all this. Its my opinion that if Moe was out of the equation he would have ended up at Miami, whats the big deal? I dont know either of them, just speculating like everyone else on here.

Advertisement
Excellent post!

I’m of the belief that you don’t pay a sniveling rat like Moe a cent. In my opinion, Mario did the right thing and is sending a message. Moe is a dumb@$$ because he might have just cost any talented kid that plays for him in the future a chance to ever be a Cane if he’s involved in their recruitment.

Having read what Shemar did on his visit this past weekend should have been a huge warning sign. Dude chose his own restaurant to go eat at, instead of trying to bond with the other recruits. Two things stood out for me about this kind of behavior:

1. The young man has some major diva tendencies, and is likely to be a headache in the future.

2. Mario went to eat with the rest of the recruits to the Rusty Pelican, instead of to Prime 112 with Shemar and Moe, which to me shows that by that point Mario knew what he was dealing with, and chose the correct path, in my opinion. This isn’t his first rodeo.

In conclusion, we may have lost the battle, but I think that Mario will win the war.

Moe will most likely be persona non-grata to many people in the 305. He better start looking for a different area code, get a tummy tuck, liposuction, a disguise, and a change of identity.

Is this confirmed about the different restaurant thing?

That’s a huge red flag and would’ve told you right there Shemar was NEVER coming here.

you don't think Bennett helped get coley here when they were at northeast? there's an article saying that coley would run his recruiting inquiries through donnell which is fine. look I know the details of how Troutman recruiting went (im not an insider but that one was neat since his uncle who raised Deshawn was my groomsman cousin/uncle). I know how some of these coaches work and how they want their kids getting recruited, etc. at least w how Edgewater handled it and stuff that went on after he committed here. not saying that's how it all is though just that specific one. along with that, im not even mad at moe lol. im not gonna blame him for losing out on Shemar. we lose some we win some. if it were me, id put moe in a suite anywhere in miami if he wanted it if it meant getting shemar.
So you were comparing the situations? Thats what I thought. Which takes me back to my point about your original post about LT.

Advertisement
donnell Bennet landed us Stacy Coley. we loved it then.

6a00d83451b26169e2017ee8478c7a970d.jpg

Im not defending, **** I hope he gets as fat as Moe and never amounts to anything in football after all this. Its my opinion that if Moe was out of the equation he would have ended up at Miami, whats the big deal? I dont know either of them, just speculating like everyone else on here.
Understand, it just came off to me as trying to go soft on him. I admit error.

I'm just sick of so many in our fanbase offering these well-wishes to Deion Sanders and recruits who **** on us.

Who is Shemar's father? Ever been in the picture? Most of these handlers/fake trainers/hood agents prey on the weak, single parent moms who know no better.

Any time ive ever seen his name ont his board it was for something that is completely wrong.

I'd say just stop posting guys like that as "insiders" when they truly have nothing
He's called alot of things out but I Digress hahah

Advertisement
Back