Romancane voices his opinion on "handlers".

We offered Moe no cash so he signed with A&M. Not sure why we didn’t, Moe could have rubbed us the wrong way with all the demands. I’m sure others can speak more on it
I wonder if it's a case of losing the battle, but winning the war.

If Cristobal can make Miami an attractive proposition for top prospects again - AND make it clear that we're not going to deal with handlers then we've probably saved ourselves a lot of money / grief.

Advertisement
There will always be grifters when young men with minimal direction are given great opportunities. We’re just going to have to learn to play the game with them. Unfortunately, there’s gonna be coaching staffs willing to sell their souls.

I will say that not all “handlers” are bad. Some genuinely help the kids and care about them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am not a Shemar expert but what I have seen from him:
1) Great Soph tape very lean and explosive
2) Junior year hurt most of the time people question his love for the game and mental toughness
3) Senior tape kids looks really big and thick and more like a DT
4) When I watch the camp circuit before his junior season with Leonard Taylor in the videos he is not more athletic than LT. Kind of surprised he did not look more explosive.
5) Kid and his handler seemed to have many demands that I don’t think would have fit well with the culture Mario will create.
6) Seemed kind of corny at the press conference .
7) Where is his father. There is no way I would let my son and his future be manipulated by some fat slob high school coach.
8) Lots of bodies to feed at A&M and kids that got paid so will be an interesting dynamic in their locker room. Some kids will have buyers remorse.
9) If I am Mario I would not take him back. We will have some nice DEs after 2023 in Kelly, Moss, Bain, and 1-2 more elites from 2023.

Advertisement
I am not a Shemar expert but what I have seen from him:
1) Great Soph tape very lean and explosive
2) Junior year hurt most of the time people question his love for the game and mental toughness
3) Senior tape kids looks really big and thick and more like a DT
4) When I watch the camp circuit before his junior season with Leonard Taylor in the videos he is not more athletic than LT. Kind of surprised he did not look more explosive.
5) Kid and his handler seemed to have many demands that I don’t think would have fit well with the culture Mario will create.
6) Seemed kind of corny at the press conference .
7) Where is his father. There is no way I would let my son and his future be manipulated by some fat slob high school coach.
8) Lots of bodies to feed at A&M and kids that got paid so will be an interesting dynamic in their locker room. Some kids will have buyers remorse.
9) If I am Mario I would not take him back. We will have some nice DEs after 2023 in Kelly, Moss, Bain, and 1-2 more elites from 2023.
Lotta good points here. Particularly #5.

Regarding 8, how long before prolonged failure causes dissent?

Advertisement
B!tching about it gets you nowhere. They've always existed...as far back as football goes, there have been handlers, hanger-ons, etc.

I believe the first post summed it up, stfu and just pay who you gotta pay to get what you want.

Do you walk into a Rolex authorized dealer and complain that you need to be on a waitlist and the price is too high for the latest Sub? Nah. You just put down the stack, stfu, and walk out. Do the same with handlers.

“handlers” are not the problem. The ones like coach moe are indeed a issue. I was the “handler” for a high profile A&M commit and I only was there to offer guidance. It’s necessary for some of these young men but people like coach moe ruin such relationships when players seek you out for guidance and you have your hand out

Advertisement
Back