Robert Burns could have a damien berry type season

Advertisement
The comparison is foolish. Berry was a brutally tough hard nosed runner who carried the load for a whole season. He ran like a bull.
I went to school with him before college. He's been a beast forever. Now an assistant at Pahokee.

If this happens as the OP suggests, it would be the comeback story of our generation.

When was the last time he even played an entire game?

Trying to recall how Berry played; I think his last year was his best?
Regardless, I’m a big fan of Burns. Like Deejay Dallas said he’s a big back with speed.
In addition he’s a first class young person.
I hooe he is healthy and that he crushes it this year.
I remember Berry as a savage. You couldn't bring him down. He'd carry tacklers.

Advertisement
There’s no way to jinx burns and his injury’s , unless you jinx him into being healthy.
Maybe voodoo magic? Santeria? I could check with my Old Testament prophecy guy....maybe he knows a sorceress who needs work.

5 pages on a dude who can’t string 3 contact practices together. Everyone knows he’s big and fast and has incredible potential. But the proof, unfortunately, is in the pudding.

Bobby Bubble Wrap is a heartbreaker. He shows you all this potential but can’t apply it. He’s like a super hot model with the worst case of vaginismus ever recorded. What good is she if you need a crowbar to pry open her pookyak? Nice to look at like Bobby Bubbles, but if I fvckin I don’t care.
I like to pop bubble wrap one bubble at a time. The more noise the better.

Advertisement
I wish i wasn't defined by the mod by my name. I literally delete spam. Other than that... I'm just tryna be a porster.

You have a name? All I see is “Mod”. Do you have an avatar too??? What else have I been missing all this time?!?

Berry showed up. Nobody expected him to. If burns stays healthy he's going to be an excellent back. People sleep on him due to injuries. They forget he was coveted. Time could be now young champion.

I hope Dallas, Cam, and Lingard stay healthy and we barely see Burns. But, it’d be awesome if he had some of those 8 carries, 132 yards and 2 TD’s stat lines in mop up duty. Have always been a fan, his injuries certainly don’t appear his fault due to lack of effort or training.

Berry showed up. Nobody expected him to. If burns stays healthy he's going to be an excellent back. People sleep on him due to injuries. They forget he was coveted. Time could be now young champion.
We are waiting and watching....really.

Advertisement
We’ll see, he’s a great change of pace back and should earn those tough few yards on 3rd and short. Will depend on if he can continue to stay healthy and improve each practice

Advertisement
Robert Burns was the #1 rb in the country and #7 overall at one point before the injuries in highschool. He’s still a gifted back if he can stay healthy. He’s going to provide a different element to the offense
I wish the kid stays healthy, shows off some of his skills and catches on with a practice squad in the next level. Wishful thinking but not entirely out of the realm. The Cane in me.

Nobody doubts burns talent ( many wrote him off tho) I agree with the op..this is burns longest stretch since HS of not having to deal with injuries. He brings something totally different to the table then even cam and they are both one cut down hill backs..buts burns has the potential to be much more physical..if the oline creates holes he and cam will be very good

Advertisement
Back