Robert Burns could have a damien berry type season

A pre-ACL Trayone Gray not getting any carries in 2015 remains an absolute mystery to me.

I'm rooting for Burns. He's had such tough luck with injuries. He's great athlete, but what he can do at RB is a mystery.

It's just hard to see him getting any significant playing time with the guys in front of him - even with an injury or 2.

But if he can stay healthy, he should get a handful of carries in the BCU & CMU game early this year. It'll be good to see him out there.

Advertisement
Don’t get too seduced by a couple quotes about him. He needs to prove he can make it through fall practice. He hasn’t played football in what seems like 5 years now.

Burns is like buying stock on Day 1 of an IPO. Most never live up to expectations. But every now and then a Google or Amazon comes along. Well worth the risk based on his potential as long as you have other investments that are paying off already.

Lol you quoted me dumbass and I responded to you.

Infant
First of all, nobody is going to read an entire thread before commenting on a post. So, whenever you reply, you should say something more meaningful of whatever point you are trying to make.

First of all, nobody is going to read an entire thread before commenting on a post. So, whenever you reply, you should say something more meaningful of whatever point you are trying to make.

If you go back to your original I said the same **** thing two posts later but ok Nancy get it off your chest.

Advertisement
That's just it. Guys with that size and speed combo do not stay buried on the depth chart. The only reason he was ever buried was because of injuries. Just like Lingard now.

I am not going to argue semantics.

4.4 is straight line though....can he wiggle and cutt at that size is the issue.
What he can do at that size, with that speed, is break the heck out of arm tackles. He will never cut on a dime like smaller backs, and that shouldn't be expected. He's a good RB to have, we just shouldn't expect him to move like a smaller back. Just like we can't expect a smaller back to truck DBs. Great option to have, in my opinion.

I would love to see Burns get enough carries to show what his HS tape teased us with. I just hope this isn't due to serious injuries to the other backs.

Advertisement
What he can do at that size, with that speed, is break the heck out of arm tackles. He will never cut on a dime like smaller backs, and that shouldn't be expected. He's a good RB to have, we just shouldn't expect him to move like a smaller back. Just like we can't expect a smaller back to truck DBs. Great option to have, in my opinion.
I loved his film coming out but all the inactivity is nuts. He hasnt played and they guys he went with some are in there pro careers. Thats real long lets see how he does it

5 pages on a dude who can’t string 3 contact practices together. Everyone knows he’s big and fast and has incredible potential. But the proof, unfortunately, is in the pudding.

Bobby Bubble Wrap is a heartbreaker. He shows you all this potential but can’t apply it. He’s like a super hot model with the worst case of vaginismus ever recorded. What good is she if you need a crowbar to pry open her pookyak? Nice to look at like Bobby Bubbles, but if I fvckin I don’t care.

I do not understand a comparison of Burns to Berry. Damien was about 3 inches taller, not as fast, and not as stocky in build. He also was not perpetually injured, was rotated into the lineup, and played a significant amount of time here.

I'd love to see a healthy Burns get a shot. But where is the Berry analogy coming from?

Advertisement
5 pages on a dude who can’t string 3 contact practices together. Everyone knows he’s big and fast and has incredible potential. But the proof, unfortunately, is in the pudding.

Bobby Bubble Wrap is a heartbreaker. He shows you all this potential but can’t apply it. He’s like a super hot model with the worst case of vaginismus ever recorded. What good is she if you need a crowbar to pry open her pookyak? Nice to look at like Bobby Bubbles, but if I fvckin I don’t care.
Harsh.

But not inaccurate.

I see hes has on the shoulder harness @ his non contact practice carries No way this dude makes it uninjured through the scrimmages

Advertisement
I do not understand a comparison of Burns to Berry. Damien was about 3 inches taller, not as fast, and not as stocky in build. He also was not perpetually injured, was rotated into the lineup, and played a significant amount of time here.

I'd love to see a healthy Burns get a shot. But where is the Berry analogy coming from?
The comparison is foolish. Berry was a brutally tough hard nosed runner who carried the load for a whole season. He ran like a bull.

I see hes has on the shoulder harness @ his non contact practice carries No way this dude makes it uninjured through the scrimmages
A 230 pound 4.5 forty Faberge egg.

Good kid. Credit to my alma mater. But how many times does Lucy have to yank the football away from you Charlie Brown motherfckers?

If he can stay healthy, dude is gonna be a major problem for opposing defenses. This is the type of back we used to consistently have on our best squads. Big, strong, fast and shifty.

Edge - 6 ft 0 in, 219 Lbs. 4.38

Mcgahee - 6 ft 0 in., 235 Lbs. 4.28 (pre-injury)

Clint Portis - 5 ft 11 in., 219, 4.35

Frank Gore - 5 ft 9 in., 212 Lbs, 4.48

Najeh Davenport - 6 ft 2 in., 245 Lbs, 4.34 (pre-injuries)

Melvin Bratton - 6 ft, 1 in., 223 Lbs, 4.4

James Stewart - 6 ft 3 in., 235 Lbs, 4.4

Advertisement
Back