Robert Burns could have a damien berry type season

James was taking those carries cause D just switched over from safety. The way it played out was kinda overlooked magic.
Berry got his opportunity really after coop went down in that bowl game..then came into 2010 with Berry, bby J and Lamar

Advertisement
Berry showed up. Nobody expected him to. If burns stays healthy he's going to be an excellent back. People sleep on him due to injuries. They forget he was coveted. Time could be now young champion.
I just hope he can stay healthy. If he can, he gives us the type of power running you typically see in the SEC. Would be nice to have a true change of pace backfield with each back giving you something different.

Nobody doubts burns talent ( many wrote him off tho) I agree with the op..this is burns longest stretch since HS of not having to deal with injuries. He brings something totally different to the table then even cam and they are both one cut down hill backs..buts burns has the potential to be much more physical..if the oline creates holes he and cam will be very good

Advertisement
I wish the kid stays healthy, shows off some of his skills and catches on with a practice squad in the next level. Wishful thinking but not entirely out of the realm. The Cane in me.
Oh+my+goodness+theres+a+new+johnny+english+film+coming_d5327a_6569262.gif

All he needs to do is stay healthy & be serviceable.

He can be a good short yardage & goal line back for us.

A RB committee of Cam, Burns, Knighton & Chaney can be very good in this uptempo offense.

And what a lot of people are forgetting is King's running ability will open up lanes for the backs & adding the Zone Read option element to the run game will benefit the entire offensive backfield while making Defenders hesitate when reading where the ball is going.

A RB committee of Cam, Burns, Knighton & Chaney can be very good in this uptempo offense.

And what a lot of people are forgetting is King's running ability will open up lanes for the backs & adding the Zone Read option element to the run game will benefit the entire offensive backfield while making Defenders hesitate when reading where the ball is going.
How are their hands? Makes it more difficult to prepare when you dont know if their running or passing.

Big fan of Burns !!

Calling dibs now on the “You got Burned” phrase.

Now just need to check with the USPTO to see if I can get a trademark (but may be too common of a phrase 🤔).

Advertisement
Doubling down on last year's craziness I see. Hope he does something with his last year, but anything we get at this point is more than I ever expected since he got here.

Great point about King potentially making the running game much better. King + Lashlee will hopefully be the formula for great Running + Passing game

I'm definitely rooting for Burns. He's still on for he squad and working. There really is no excuse to not be utilizing him as a short yardage RB at the very least.

Advertisement
I hope Burns can stay healthy....beyond that whatever will be will be

I have no expectations of him.....whatever he can give us I will accept...

If it's just ok fine, if its beyond ok then that's great

Burns seems like good people. I liked his HS footage...injuries have just always been the question w/him.

I will say this - I think in the old school 90s/early 00s offenses that he would have been a star back...his running style just would have fit in better. The drawback to his running style is it's physical and he's injury prone.

I think he'll be in the rotation and will give us some good carries this season, barring injury. I'm rooting for him.

Burns role will probably be similar to short yardage role Choc had in 2018. Although I think there's more opportunity for Burns in 2020 than gray had in 2018.

The difference between Burns and Berry is - when Berry filled in for an injured Cooper/James in 2009, he outperformed them. Berry also had the best Spring out of any of them in 2009, but had just been moved over from DB and Cooper/James were already established RB's, even though Berry ended up being the most talented IMO.

When Burns filled in for DeeJay/Cam last year - he looked to be a level behind them in talent. So I think Burns earning more carries is possible but not that realistic.

Advertisement
In ‘09 Berry was buried on the depth chart. BUT, he would come in on short yardage downs and literally move the pile.
Basically... No one was hurt, dude. Just earned his carries. When your averaging like 8-10 yards vs weak teams and 3rd string teams u deserve a look during real game situations.

If he can stay healthy, dude is gonna be a major problem for opposing defenses. This is the type of back we used to consistently have on our best squads. Big, strong, fast and shifty.

Edge - 6 ft 0 in, 219 Lbs. 4.38

Mcgahee - 6 ft 0 in., 235 Lbs. 4.28 (pre-injury)

Clint Portis - 5 ft 11 in., 219, 4.35

Frank Gore - 5 ft 9 in., 212 Lbs, 4.48

Najeh Davenport - 6 ft 2 in., 245 Lbs, 4.34 (pre-injuries)

Melvin Bratton - 6 ft, 1 in., 223 Lbs, 4.4

James Stewart - 6 ft 3 in., 235 Lbs, 4.4
Is this Gore time before both of his injuries? If so, that seems kinda slow

Advertisement
Back