Rob Chudzinski is the only answer......

Chud is great.

hes just not cut out to be a head coach in my opinion. Strike four if we go that way.

Can you inform us ignorant folk as to why you feel that way?

He's been on record saying he hates recruiting and didn't do much of it while at Miami iirc. In today's CFB landscape you can't have that mentality and after being in the pro game for so long I doubt he wants to dive into recruiting young kids again

****. I'm a big Chud fan but that's a huge red flag.

Yep, I've raised this concern before. Look at all the top college teams out there - virtually all of them have monster recruiters/evaluators at HBC. I don't think Chud is either. He's a schemer and a nerd. Not sure those types translate well to being a HBC in college. That's why- begrudgingly - I think Monkey Boy might be a better fit.

Dang. I thought realistically Chud would be a good hire but we need a ruthless recruiter in here. Golden is a good one IMO but even he has been run over a lot. Then again he is selling a ****** product so just how effective he is at recruiting is a bit of a gray area.

Shannon was a good recruiter in ways but his unwillingness to play the game was a huge downfall and left our roster in shambles. Luckily for the next guy Golden just brought in a stellar class but the next guy in has to keep that momentum going. Schiano definitely has his downfalls too but probably less than most of our choices.

Advertisement
Let me preface this by saying I am not completely against the idea of bringing Butch back.

However, going back to someone like Chud, Butch, or ****...even if Jimmy Johnson decided to make a comeback...it's not going to signify an instant return to glory. Coker made a mess. Shannon made it worse. Golden made it better, and now it's worse again. No matter who takes over, they're going to have their work cut out for them.

My main gripe with bringing back someone who has been in the program is that we'll all be expecting the Butch/Chud/JJ that we all know and love right off the bat. I'm not sure there are many guys who can turn this thing around overnight and make us a 10-win team next year. Also, I don't know that you can make progress by trying to go back to a well where you've had success before, because quite simply--times have changed.

There's no magic bullet hire. As they said in the movie Idiocracy: ****'s bad right now. It's not as easy as putting water on the crops instead of Brawndo. I think Golden has taken it as far as he can, but this is a reclamation project. The next guy will have to cut out some cancers, and he's going to have to be really good at being the politician that you have to be with the BOT, Prez, and AD (whoever ends up in those positions) in order to get the funding and support to do what they want to do.

You guys will hear about Butch from the players when The U Part 2 is broadcast.

No, it won't take Butch four years to get back in the National Title race. When he got to Miami, he explained clearly what he expected, and told them it was going to be his way or the highway. Many left.

I don't think anyone can clear out deadwood faster than Butch. I don't think anyone can get us back to the top any faster.

But don't take my word on it. Watch The U Part 2, and many of your questions will be answered.

Chud was a student of Butch's. Give me The Master.

Butch got a good deal in Cleveland. A good deal of CASHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, so did Chud.

Advertisement
Butch will work for food.

The more I think about it, the more he makes sense he'll take a discount because of the whole "buyout" situation and they can just renew his contract after. Other coaches gotta pay big money for.

I would not be upset if Chud is the coach. Certainly has the experience and know how. Butch is and will always be my first choice. Chud would be an excellent OC for Butch.

Butch's departure was less excusable than Mario's. **** in hindsite Mario looks like a genius for leaving.

Butch leaving for the NFL was less excusable than Beanerdict Arnold jumping ship for a lateral move to another college? Ok.

I agree it was a **** move and I have crucified cristobal on here for that, but after seeing the results on the field the last 2 years he may have knew he had to get out early before gorlden ruined his career any further.

Advertisement
Butch will work for food.

The more I think about it, the more he makes sense he'll take a discount because of the whole "buyout" situation and they can just renew his contract after. Other coaches gotta pay big money for.

My thoughts too. Never underestimate the school's penchant for being cheap. Is the only reason I don't discount the possibilty of it happening. They go through the search and realize the only guys that'd take the money they're offering are all Golden-at-Temple types that they'd have to make a case for and possibly justify their frugality over. They then split the difference in a move that might appease the public and allow them to remain a low budget outfit sans the ridicule and scrutiny.

Butch Davis lied to Miami and was involved in a huge scandal at UNC.

Have you forgotten our history?

Miami will never hire Butch Davis.

Alright. Let's try this again.

I have heard with my own two ears 6 members of the BOT, multiple donors, and members of the athletic department say that Butch is not off the table. The people at Miami now weren't there in 2000/2001 so who ****ed over who doesn't really matter at this point. His UNC happenings are concerning, but far from the end for him if he truly was found 100% innocent. Just on Monday, both the general office and the athletic department were flooded with, "Hire Butch," emails. He has an uphill battle, but he may very well be the next coach.

As far Chud is concerned, he's my third choice after Butch and Stoops even though I disagree with your analysis and reasons for hiring him. No need to put Butch down to try and make Chud seem like the better candidate.

Last edited:

Alright. Let's try this again.

I have heard with my own two ears 6 members of the BOT, multiple donors, and members of the athletic department say that Butch is not off the table. The people at Miami now weren't there in 2000/2001 so who ****ed over who doesn't really matter at this point. His UNC happenings are concerning, but far from the end for him if he truly was found 100% innocent. Just on Monday, both the general office and the athletic department were flooded with, "Hire Butch," emails. He has an uphill battle, but he is may very well be the next coach.

As far Chud is concerned, he's my third choice after Butch and Stoops even though I disagree with your analysis and reasons for hiring him. No need to put Butch down to try and make Chud seem like the better candidate.

Do you not like Schiano or you don't think he'd be interested?

I mean...to me he's a no brainer hire if he wanted the job.

I'd be onboard with Chud. I'd be even more onboard with Schiano.

I wouldn't be on board with Schiano as HC.

You want to do this, then I would be fine

HC: Chud
DC: Schiano
OC: Coley (under Chud)

I don't want Coley anywhere near our offense. Great recruiter...HORRIBLE coordinator. Only way I can see him staying on is in a lesser capacity, which I'm not sure he'd be willing to do.

Advertisement
Butch
Narduzzi
Pruitt
McElwain
Hudspeth (or however you spell his name)
Mark Stoops

Start and end with that list. If you can get any of those guys you've done well. If you go outside of it and get Chud, or Mario, Schiano or whomever, we are ****ed.

I may be wrong, but the last time I can recall Miami wanting a specific new coach this bad was when Shula was too old and we all wanted JJ to swoop in and save the day. That situation obviously concerned a different team, and I sure hope this change works better than that one (assuming it happens at all).

It certainly feels like it's "Butch or Die" time, and any other new coach (or a return of the same coach) will be met with disdain or apathy.

Advertisement
People are saying Chud because he was a good OC and is a Cane. That's it. It's something. But not enough.

He was not a monster recruiter. He's not the most dynamic person or groundbreaking. Cleveland was a **** storm of incompetence yes, he got a raw deal, but he wasn't exactly blowing people's minds either.

We we have to stop to just deferring to someone with cane roots just cause golden sucks. Coker and Shannon had cane roots. Howard and jimmy didn't. It's not that ******* direct of an indicator.

Last edited:
People are saying Chud because he was a good OC and is a Cane. That's it. It's something. But not enough.

He was not a monster recruiter. He's not the most dynamic person or groundbreaking. Cleveland was a **** storm of incompetence yes, he got a raw deal, but he wasn't exactly blowing people's minds either.

We we have to stop to just deferring to someone with cane roots just cause golden sucks. Coker and Shannon had cane roots. Howard and jimmy didn't. It's not that ******* direct of an indicator.

Give me an X's and O's guy any day of the week.

That's why God made assistants, so they can recruit and leave the important coaches to make the calls on gameday.

We need a tactician. I'll say it til I'm blue in the face. I remember 4-5 years ago begging for the administration to consider a lightly regarded coach from the Canadian league named Marc Trestman. I bet you Trestman wouldn't have been a great recruiter either...but 5 years later we all know he can coach.

Give me an offensive minded, intelligent, X's and O's head coach. Give him enough of a budget to find a good DC....then fill in the rest of the ******* staff with every recruiter you guys can find.

You know what recruits better than any human being on the planet? Wins.

Art kehoe used the university and wasn't even working and was still welcomed with open arms here.

You worried about semantical "lying"?

Advertisement
Back