Richt's Rules...

Advertisement
I've just come to terms with the idea that, most likely, there will come a point where Richt suspends or kicks someone off the team and I get ****ed because I'll think (1) we need him, and (2) the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime. It's gonna happen. Just hoping it's not a really good player at a critical time in the season.

Advertisement
Jesus had a beard.
Notice he never played for Richt.

Doesn't say the no beard rule applies to coaches and JC is THE HEAD COACH, so Mark might make an exception. Personally, I don't care about his rules. My rule is win the frigging games or we fly the planes. A lot of rules are just to get you use to the idea that you don't get to do whatever you want. In team sports that is important. I am more interested if some violence during practice. In the Catholic Faith there is an old saying "As you worship, you believe." In football I believe it is "as you practice you play".

I can buy into the drugs and stealing rules, but I hate stupid **** like regulating facial hair and jewelry. Reminds me of Shannon's dumb hat rules. Rules for the sake of rules is stupid.

I think there's a practical, safety reason.

Richt doesn't want Berrios to accidently hang himself with his chain.

People can't read I see. Preferring and making it a rule are two different things. But continue on.....

it says he prefers clean shaven when meeting with the media. I am pretty sure richt isn't going to be forcing them to shave every day.

Advertisement
Is taking an extra ice cream sammich technically stealing if you just had a momentary lapse and thought you were still on last year's conditioning program?

I like the rules. I'll come out and just say it from my side of the tracks. Far to many AA males lack knowledge of what professional appearance, behavior, speech and clothing actually is. Young people need training and those persons, athletes included should be required to represent the university in a professional manner like any professional company would require. Far to many times they auto-exclude themselves because of their dedication to BS, like dreads, nappy twist, ungroomed facial hair and those god awful gold teeth. These kids need someone to show them 360 professionalism.

Matthew Stafford still comes off as a slob in public so this area might be a spot where Richt's efforts are not providing long term results.

Well, Richt *does* try.

UGA’s ‘career symposium’ to prepare Bulldogs for life after football | Georgia Bulldogs blog

The "Business Etiquette: Clothing and Dining" includes things like how to dress, how to shake hands in a business environment, networking, and the proper etiquette of a three-course meal.

The final for that class was held at an on-campus conference center where everyone had to dress appropriately, mingle, then have a fancy meal whilst knowing how to order, how to use all the silverware and other things.

Richt said that a lot of his players came from small towns where going to a restaurant meant fast food, and that he wanted to use the structure of the team to get them all ready for NFL combine interviews and real-world job interviews.

Advertisement
The only culture that needs changing is the bad coaching culture, which led to losing and then eventually accepting and excusing losing.

completely agree but it also trickled down to the players, see photo shoot for starters.
Players play and act like they're coached. If the HC is a fat pig-faced excuse-making ****, then the players will just puppet what he says. Folden is gone now. Culture change complete. Now win.

Advertisement
I can buy into the drugs and stealing rules, but I hate stupid **** like regulating facial hair and jewelry. Reminds me of Shannon's dumb hat rules. Rules for the sake of rules is stupid.

Yet rules for the sake of discipline is not.

Dumb rules are useless no matter how you want to couch them. Discipline isn't cutting your hair neatly like a politician and shaving every day. It's holding your water on 4th and 1 with the game on the line and 50k people screaming. You don't acquire that by shaving every day.

Yet rules for the sake of discipline is not.

Dumb rules are useless no matter how you want to couch them. Discipline isn't cutting your hair neatly like a politician and shaving every day. It's holding your water on 4th and 1 with the game on the line and 50k people screaming. You don't acquire that by shaving every day.

Save it for your drill sergeant. ;-)

Advertisement
Back