Richt's Rules...

QSTOKES

Sophomore
### Players say even though Al Golden was no walkover with regard to serious rules violations, new UM coach Mark Richt is even more serious about it. One player was told failed drug tests leave players at risk of being thrown off the team, not merely suspension.

Anyone who steals something will be thrown off the team. When players are speaking to the media, they cannot wear earrings or chains. Richt prefers them clean-shaven, too.

PER BARRY JACKSON- thoughts??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Take this **** seriously gentlemen, there's money to be made in the league.

Take this **** seriously gentlemen, there's money to be made in the league.

This. Unless you are a supreme talent nfl teams don't put up with nonsense. Some may view it as paternalism or an innappropritate imposition of subjective values but ultimately richt is practicing what he preaches: preparing these young men to be successful later in life.

I can buy into the drugs and stealing rules, but I hate stupid **** like regulating facial hair and jewelry. Reminds me of Shannon's dumb hat rules. Rules for the sake of rules is stupid.

Reminiscent of no hats in meetings and mandatory door holding for women.

Advertisement
To change a bad culture you sometimes have to go in the other direction in extreme fashion. Thanks, Al

The only culture that needs changing is the bad coaching culture, which led to losing and then eventually accepting and excusing losing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd rather see him ban players from eating Snickers bars at press conferences after losses. Otherwise, this strikes me as excessive and unnecessary.

I played for a head coach who worked under Saban for 3 years and he brought a lot of those same things to my school. Things like if you had hair our of your helmet it needed to be in a bun or tied up. During a workout your shirt must be tucked in at all times. Things like these bring discipline and professionalism to the team as a whole.

So what do you do with a player who has dreads and gold teeth? Come on now that is BS. You have the head coach supposedly preaching this nonsense ( which he didn't uphold at UGA by the way) and then your lead re recruiter is out there hollering about Dunk Riders. Come on now this is Miami not come to Jesus back water Georgia.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;rZyIMjJkia0]http://youtu.be/rZyIMjJkia0[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back