Richt's Rules...

You confuse stupid rules with discipline. Lots of people do that. A politician haircut and a clean shave have nothing to do with discipline. The world is full of undisciplined scumbags with short haircuts and no beards.

There are rules and ways to promote discipline. Rules that require guys to be on time, pay attention and work hard and not be shytheads promote discipline. Haircuts and stupid **** like that promote nothing but resentment.

When done effectively and the right way, presentable haircuts and "stupid **** like that" can be an important part, but not all, to a force enabling program that postures the organization for success. Again, it has to be done the right way and not hammering folks for the sake of hammering, but it speaks VOLUMES of the type of people you have in an organization if they can't get on board with this.

Look at D Henry of Alabama, long dreads, always seems presentable in public.

Again, this isn't theory. It's fact.
That was a load of baseless gibberish that you attempted to convert to fact by uttering the all-important "it's fact" line. I have no idea what any of that **** even meant. It sounded like you were handing out an award for Outstanding Accomplisments in the Field of Excellence.

You bumble around about the importance of clean haircuts then laud Derrick Henry whose hair looks like a cross between Stevie Wonder and a plate of capsized linguine. Henry is the ultimate example of discipline, and his hair is a mess and he sports facial hair. Might even have a little gold in that mouth and around his neck. Yet he outworks everyone.

Fellow fan...

Didn't mean to criticize in the previous post...but now...

Let me assure you, and I'll use smaller words, you are utterly and completely out of your depth in this conversation. I would offer you don't even have a basic grasp of what it takes to run a successful organization at the tactical, operational, or strategic levels. If you don't understand these terms, there is always dictionary.com.

As for D Henry, my point (perhaps poorly stated at first) was that you can have longer hair or dreads and facial hair--and still be on board with he program so long as that it is allowed. Everytime I've seen him on tv, I was merely stating that he appears presentable and well groomed and I think this persona that he portrays is indicative of his overall discipline--and that certainly shows with is play. I'm sure someone could have an example, but I've not seen him act like an undisciplined fool in any setting (granted my views are limited).

Not here on these boards to argue, so I'll let you slide. Just my two cents, understand the facts of what is being said before you add to the dialogue and criticize others.

Go Canes!

Let me clarify, dolt. I didn't understand your post because it was nonsensical gibberish, not because it was in any way complex.

Clearly there are many things not understood. Words like "complex" and "culture" are misused in the context of this argument. Used in this context they do reveal the emotional IQ of the writer. Go sit in your quiet safe place away from the vicissitudes of life and meditate about the unfairness imposed by overseers who would only validate your feelings of cultural oppression.

Also pull your trousers up, unless you wish to make a comical statement video when attempting to outrun the cops.

Go C A N E S!

Advertisement
We obviously disagree. I guess that's why the Yankees rigid policy of no facial hair has been so detrimental to their history and they only have 40 World Series appearances and 27 titles. Discipline and consistency have a big role in the performance of all teams that are successful. Also, your examples are extreme and rules are part of discipline, like it or not.

We constantly hear complaints about "lack of discipline" and "stupid decisions" or "bad judgement" on an off the field. If you are not disciplined all of this BS happens. A coach has the right to tell players what he expects and for the team to conform. The players are at school to get an education and play football, it's not a fashion show or a party. If you abide by the rules as a team, you play as a team and I have no problem with Richt's rules. I played for a coach like this, grew up in a military home and served immediately after med school. Rules, are not a bad thing and I believe you will see a dramatically improved UM team next fall, due to this discipline.

I can buy into the drugs and stealing rules, but I hate stupid **** like regulating facial hair and jewelry. Reminds me of Shannon's dumb hat rules. Rules for the sake of rules is stupid.

You confuse stupid rules with discipline. Lots of people do that. A politician haircut and a clean shave have nothing to do with discipline. The world is full of undisciplined scumbags with short haircuts and no beards.

There are rules and ways to promote discipline. Rules that require guys to be on time, pay attention and work hard and not be shytheads promote discipline. Haircuts and stupid **** like that promote nothing but resentment.

When done effectively and the right way, presentable haircuts and "stupid **** like that" can be an important part, but not all, to a force enabling program that postures the organization for success. Again, it has to be done the right way and not hammering folks for the sake of hammering, but it speaks VOLUMES of the type of people you have in an organization if they can't get on board with this.

Look at D Henry of Alabama, long dreads, always seems presentable in public.

Again, this isn't theory. It's fact.
That was a load of baseless gibberish that you attempted to convert to fact by uttering the all-important "it's fact" line. I have no idea what any of that **** even meant. It sounded like you were handing out an award for Outstanding Accomplisments in the Field of Excellence.

You bumble around about the importance of clean haircuts then laud Derrick Henry whose hair looks like a cross between Stevie Wonder and a plate of capsized linguine. Henry is the ultimate example of discipline, and his hair is a mess and he sports facial hair. Might even have a little gold in that mouth and around his neck. Yet he outworks everyone.

Fellow fan...

Didn't mean to criticize in the previous post...but now...

Let me assure you, and I'll use smaller words, you are utterly and completely out of your depth in this conversation. I would offer you don't even have a basic grasp of what it takes to run a successful organization at the tactical, operational, or strategic levels. If you don't understand these terms, there is always dictionary.com.

As for D Henry, my point (perhaps poorly stated at first) was that you can have longer hair or dreads and facial hair--and still be on board with he program so long as that it is allowed. Everytime I've seen him on tv, I was merely stating that he appears presentable and well groomed and I think this persona that he portrays is indicative of his overall discipline--and that certainly shows with is play. I'm sure someone could have an example, but I've not seen him act like an undisciplined fool in any setting (granted my views are limited).

Not here on these boards to argue, so I'll let you slide. Just my two cents, understand the facts of what is being said before you add to the dialogue and criticize others.

Go Canes!

Let me clarify, dolt. I didn't understand your post because it was nonsensical gibberish, not because it was in any way complex.

Wow! We are fans of the same team, you insult something I put out as thought/discussion, and then can't even address what I responded back with?

Nice use of the word dolt, learn that in GED prep class did you?

So, please explain, with your obvious acumen, rapier sharp wit, and insightful analysis...exactly how/what did I offer was nonsensical?

The adults will let you speak now.

Being condescending isn't very nice now is it?

Last edited:
I'm still relatively new to these boards and appreciate reading/discussing what fellow fans have to say, but I have to ask...

This guy..."The Franchise"...is he always like this?

I'm still relatively new to these boards and appreciate reading/discussing what fellow fans have to say, but I have to ask...

Why are you turning this into a ****ing contest, its a message board you don't have to agree with anything ANYONE says but singling someone out is pretty lame in my opinion. There is an ignore option right under the users avatar.

You can't just come to a message board and get your jimmies rustled because someone disagrees with you.

Advertisement
Father mulkahy.jpg

Why are you turning this into a ****ing contest, its a message board you don't have to agree with anything ANYONE says but singling someone out is pretty lame in my opinion. There is an ignore option right under the users avatar.

You can't just come to a message board and get your jimmies rustled because someone disagrees with you.

Use the ignore option. Do you have a safe space? Go there. <<<<HUG>>>>

Last edited:
Awesome life advice as I type this from my safe space with unicorns hugging me. Brilliant. I am truly new to this, really didn't know about ignore function here. It shall be used.

Thanks!

We obviously disagree. I guess that's why the Yankees rigid policy of no facial hair has been so detrimental to their history and they only have 40 World Series appearances and 27 titles. Discipline and consistency have a big role in the performance of all teams that are successful. Also, your examples are extreme and rules are part of discipline, like it or not.

We constantly hear complaints about "lack of discipline" and "stupid decisions" or "bad judgement" on an off the field. If you are not disciplined all of this BS happens. A coach has the right to tell players what he expects and for the team to conform. The players are at school to get an education and play football, it's not a fashion show or a party. If you abide by the rules as a team, you play as a team and I have no problem with Richt's rules. I played for a coach like this, grew up in a military home and served immediately after med school. Rules, are not a bad thing and I believe you will see a dramatically improved UM team next fall, due to this discipline.

I can buy into the drugs and stealing rules, but I hate stupid **** like regulating facial hair and jewelry. Reminds me of Shannon's dumb hat rules. Rules for the sake of rules is stupid.

You're right. The Yankees won because guys couldn't have facial hair, not because they bought the best teams. By the way, take a look at some old Yankees pics. You'll see some hellacious mustaches.

Yup, the Yankees bought the best teams. And the players gave up their personal grooming preferences in order to comply with the wishes of their management, their income being more important than making a personal hairy statement. Sellouts!

th[10].jpg

Advertisement
You retards are right. Mariano Rivera was the best closer of all-time as a result of the discipline instilled in him by shaving regularly.

You retards are right. Mariano Rivera was the best closer of all-time as a result of the discipline instilled in him by shaving regularly.

Can't tell if you just keep missing the point or if you just can't grasp it. These preferences are for interviews. Show up to practice however you want but if you sit in front of a camera and represent this organization, this is how the boss would prefer you to do so.

Can't tell if you just keep missing the point or if you just can't grasp it. These preferences are for interviews. Show up to practice however you want but if you sit in front of a camera and represent this organization, this is how the boss would prefer you to do so.

Good point, dopey. Show up to interviews without the dreads and 3 month beard and pull out your gold teeth. Then, after the interview immediately grow back your dreads that took you 10 years to grow and the beard and have the dentist on call to reinstall your gold teeth. Makes perfect sense now, cagootz.

Good point, dopey. Show up to interviews without the dreads and 3 month beard and pull out your gold teeth. Then, after the interview immediately grow back your dreads that took you 10 years to grow and the beard and have the dentist on call to reinstall your gold teeth. Makes perfect sense now, cagootz.

Where are you getting this from? Richt mentions clean shaven (and doesn't enforce it) and guys here are now saying he doesn't want dreads and gold teeth? We're making stuff up for the sake of making stuff up.

Advertisement

Okay we all get it, in your opinion an athlete's (and probably everyone else's?) desire to express "individuality" is not constrained by any considerations.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. Everyone in this room [forum] is now dumber from having listened to it [read it]."

So which three backs do you think will be getting the most carries this season?

And who the **** is Maria Rivera?

Advertisement
The clean shaven thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Some Professional programs do this as well. These kids needs to understand that this is a job in the entertainment industry. If you want it then live by the rules if not then do what the rest of America does and find another path. I don't see the problem here, the choice is theirs and the payoff puts them in the upper echelon's of salaries vs everyone who have ever lived. I mean give me FN break already... Also he said during an interview.

Advertisement
Back