Richt will never lead us to #6

So why did frank get knocked? Was it not because he started making crazy money that couldn’t go unnoticed. Real money like I said. From what I read and heard from him in interviews he had legit biz up and runnnng in Harlem..started making millions then they came and got his ***. Is it possible to make a teachers salary of untaxed illegal money slinging, yes.

He got knocked because he got ****y and wasn't moving right. You have to remember he was one of the first black dudes to start doing this on his own. He had no blue print to follow. He didn't understand Rico or any of the the other tactics to take people like him down. Guys around now have 40-50 years of blue prints to look back at. Just take a look at the newspaper. No big Manhattan Kingpins have been busted since the 90s. Just using common sense tells you the drugs arent magically appearing in the streets. If no one has been busted in almost 30 years you know they are getting money. Regardless, people from harlem know exactly what is going on. Some people even know who the guys are.

Advertisement
i bet the his apt in the pj's looks like everbody elses outside, but when you step off in that mf it looks like a damm penthouse in Manhattan
and the last thing you wanna do is put money in a bank, that right there gets a bunch of em busted

Bruhhh that was my whole point😂😂 took all that for an agreement

Nah I know. LMAO. I just wanted to point out that there are some black king pins that run the streets and are going to die of old age and their are street hustlers making a few hundred K a year that are never going to get knocked either. lol.

That maybe true. But you still in the PJs fam
yep, and thats the best look for them, last thing they need to do is move in an upscale neighborhood even if its a mostly black one. I imagine you can fix your pad up totally awesome on the inside and live like a king under the radar

Advertisement
He got knocked because he got ****y and wasn't moving right. You have to remember he was one of the first black dudes to start doing this on his own. He had no blue print to follow. He didn't understand Rico or any of the the other tactics to take people like him down. Guys around now have 40-50 years of blue prints to look back at. Just take a look at the newspaper. No big Manhattan Kingpins have been busted since the 90s. Just using common sense tells you the drugs arent magically appearing in the streets. If no one has been busted in almost 30 years you know they are getting money. Regardless, people from harlem know exactly what is going on. Some people even know who the guys are.
And you can also say that the hustle has changed. Back then it was heroine. Then crack. The hustle is changed over the years. I’m not saying street nigas not making money. Just that’s its not the path of choice. There’s no growth and u likely staying in the same hood. You can stay in the hood, be that celeb and have all the hoes..or get a legit college degree and not worry about the consequences of your hustle. Go the latter route

And you can also say that the hustle has changed. Back then it was heroine. Then crack. The hustle is changed over the years. I’m not saying street nigas not making money. Just that’s its not the path of choice. There’s no growth and u likely staying in the same hood. You can stay in the hood, be that celeb and have all the hoes..or get a legit college degree and not worry about the consequences of your hustle. Go the latter route

A lot of them don't have that option though. Without a college degree you are better off taking that risk than working a minimum wage job for the rest of your life.

i dont know man, i have a degree but still gotta get up every F'n morning and go work. F that yall got ole Tex thinkin bout gettin me a hustle goin, i just need to evaluate my hood here and see what it needs. Whats that Don henley song ? the lure of easy money has a very strong appeal ? i kinda like the idea of sleepin till noon, gettin my posse to sling a few rocks, and hittin the clubs at night bangin them fine *** ho's, only thing they gone have to grow that kitty out, Tex dont play that shaved ****, freaks me out

Smoking pot is not going to make you more successful. Stealing crab legs from Publix is not going to make you more successful. Murdering someone at a club is not going to make you more successful. However, suspending or kicking these kids off the team is going to make you less successful.

So no one should ever be punished and there should be no discipline. Makes sense.

Advertisement
What we've learned: even if you have the opportunity to get a free degree from Miami, go ahead and smoke pot and cheat in class, because if football doesn't work out, you can always hustle until you have enough money to open a liquor store.

What we've learned: even if you have the opportunity to get a free degree from Miami, go ahead and smoke pot and cheat in class, because if football doesn't work out, you can always hustle until you have enough money to open a liquor store.
pretty much, either a liquor store or shopping mall

Great reading comprehension. I never said any of that. Go ahead and cheat in class and smoke pot because if football doesn't work out you will still have a degree and one of the boosters will help you get a job. When I applied for a job they looked at my diploma and my GPA. They had no idea if I cheated on the tests or not.

Great reading comprehension. I never said any of that. Go ahead and cheat in class and smoke pot because if football doesn't work out you will still have a degree and one of the boosters will help you get a job. When I applied for a job they looked at my diploma and my GPA. They had no idea if I cheated on the tests or not.

Wait, why would you get a degree and apply for a job? Who does that?

Advertisement

You are also underestimating how lucrative owning a couple small businesses could be. Do you know who the second richest NBA player is? Ulysses Bridgeman. He made his fourtane investing in Wendys and Chilis and is currently worth 600 million. He happened to start out with a million from the NBA, but if he made the million from hustling it wouldn't make a difference. The outcome would be the same.

Wait, why would you get a degree and apply for a job? Who does that?

I never stated that players should turn down college to hustle. I just stated that it is not like the movies where these guys don't make any money. I am not getting into that debate again. I already covered that topic. If you are interested you can go back a couple pages and read my posts.

You are also underestimating how lucrative owning a couple small businesses could be. Do you know who the second richest NBA player is? Ulysses Bridgeman. He made his fourtane investing in Wendys and Chilis and is currently worth 600 million. He happened to start out with a million from the NBA, but if he made the million from hustling it wouldn't make a difference. The outcome would be the same.

Therefore, the advice to a kid should always be "cheat, lie, and steal", because there is a guy who is worth $600 million. Forget the fact that most of the people who grow up here will end up dead or in prison.

Advertisement
I never stated that players should turn down college to hustle. I just stated that it is not like the movies where these guys don't make any money. I am not getting into that debate again. I already covered that topic. If you are interested you can go back a couple pages and read my posts.

But this all started when we were talking about kids in college. Why shouldn't the advice be to follow the rules, work hard, get a degree, and become successful?

Therefore, the advice to a kid should always be "cheat, lie, and steal", because there is a guy who is worth $600 million. Forget the fact that most of the people who grow up here will end up dead or in prison.

That is false and you could just look up statistics. 650k people live in the projects in NYC alone. 25thousand NYC residents are currently incarcarated(That includes people who do not live in the hood). there was under 200 murders last year(again includes people who are not in the hood). That would mean the majority of people who grow up here do not end up dead or in prison.

exactly. When i was playing, and at a big time D1, the deal us players had...show up to class, dont be late, keep your flap shut, and it was automatic B at least. Now guys getting med degrees and some others had to actually work for it, but all the normal degrees were under that little rule, the coaches, or whomever it was, had an in with the teaching staff. We also registered way before anyone else so as to make sure you got the correct teachers who were football fans, and thats the way it is at most D1 programs for ball players. Also, if you had a paper to write or something, you had a go=to girl who wrote it for you and you just signed your name, pretty sweet

That is false and you could just look up statistics. 650k people live in the projects in NYC alone. 25thousand NYC residents are currently incarcarated(That includes people who do not live in the hood). there was under 200 murders last year(again includes people who are not in the hood). That would mean the majority of people who grow up here do not end up dead or in prison.

Now go ahead and show us the stats for people from the hood who hustle their way to owning $600 million worth of fast food franchises. I'm guessing that's also not the majority.

FYI, murder isn't the only way someone can die too soon. Show me the average life expectancy for areas like that.

Advertisement
Back