Richt will never lead us to #6

But this all started when we were talking about kids in college. Why shouldn't the advice be to follow the rules, work hard, get a degree, and become successful?

I never said they shouldn't. I actually stated that exact thing in a prior post. The point that we differ on is that I don't think the coach should be suspending kids for breaking these rules. If every kid went to class, never drank or did drugs, studied, worked hard, and hung out in their dorm every night that would be great. However, when Saban, Dabo, Meyer, Jimbo, Kirby, are going to cover up murders, rapes, assaults, robberies, etc. and we have a coach who suspends key players for team violations we are at a massive disadvantage. You personally would rather lose and have a team full of goody goodys. I would prefer we win at all costs. Neither of us are going to change our opinions so we should leave it at that.

Advertisement
exactly. When i was playing, and at a big time D1, the deal us players had...show up to class, dont be late, keep your flap shut, and it was automatic B at least. Now guys getting med degrees and some others had to actually work for it, but all the normal degrees were under that little rule, the coaches, or whomever it was, had an in with the teaching staff. We also registered way before anyone else so as to make sure you got the correct teachers who were football fans, and thats the way it is at most D1 programs for ball players. Also, if you had a paper to write or something, you had a go=to girl who wrote it for you and you just signed your name, pretty sweet

And most of them end up landing jobs and being relatively succesful I would imagine. If you have the work ethic to become a D1 athlete you will be able to hold down a pretty good job.

I never said they shouldn't. I actually stated that exact thing in a prior post. The point that we differ on is that I don't think the coach should be suspending kids for breaking these rules. If every kid went to class, never drank or did drugs, studied, worked hard, and hung out in their dorm every night that would be great. However, when Saban, Dabo, Meyer, Jimbo, Kirby, are going to cover up murders, rapes, assaults, robberies, etc. and we have a coach who suspends key players for team violations we are at a massive disadvantage. You personally would rather lose and have a team full of goody goodys. I would prefer we win at all costs. Neither of us are going to change our opinions so we should leave it at that.

Why does a kid who works hard and follow rules have to be a "goody goody"? That level of maturity is the separator between me and you. Believe it or not, you can be a savage on the football field AND refrain from getting high. Weird, I know.

Now go ahead and show us the stats for people from the hood who hustle their way to owning $600 million worth of fast food franchises. I'm guessing that's also not the majority.

FYI, murder isn't the only way someone can die too soon. Show me the average life expectancy for areas like that.

Yah I am sure these guys report their earnings to the IRS under "illegal activities". Obviously you can't pull up that statistic. I also never stated making 600 million was common. However, making 80-100k a year while owning a small business is a lot more common. Like I said the majority of these small business owners in the bad parts of NYC got their start as criminals. To us 80-100k is not a lot of money, but to someone who grew up broke with no future ending up making close to 6 figures is great. You are correct the life expectancy is lower there, but a few things play a part in that. 1 the homeless crackheads ODing and dying young. 2. people don't get educated on how to eat properly and they get fat, diesease, etc. and die young. 3. the one most people forget about are a lot of children die very young due to disease and that quickly brings down the average age of death.

Why does a kid who works hard and follow rules have to be a "goody goody"? That level of maturity is the separator between me and you. Believe it or not, you can be a savage on the football field AND refrain from getting high. Weird, I know.

They don't have to. Like I said I would prefer that they didn't and I think doing drugs is going to make you perform at a lower level. However, when you look at the top teams year after year they all cover up for their players. The best teams of all time. The OSU team under Meyer, the UF Team under Meyer, the 01 Canes, the Bama teams of recent years, etc. Those teams are filled with guys who are not exactly pillars of society.

Advertisement
Wow! All the ill-informed whiny bytches have congregated on this thread and are home in their basements furiously fingering the keyboard hoping the mob will tell them how smart and brave their insults are...here's a thought...GET A LIFE YOU LOSERS!!!

Wow! All the ill-informed whiny bytches have congregated on this thread and are home in their basements furiously fingering the keyboard hoping the mob will tell them how smart and brave their insults are...here's a thought...GET A LIFE YOU LOSERS!!!

Even though this was directed at me I still laughed.

So basically you have a problem with Richt disciplining bad behavior? Unfair suspensions? Who? Need names bruh...you’d rather have a coach not care about a kids future by ignoring signs of a kid on the wrong path..you’d rather a coach who can go into a living room tell your son Ima take of him, ignore a felony weapon charge , enable bad behavior , win you some games, shake his hand as he leaves your program, then end up a Aaron Hernandez’ story..yeaaa I cant get down with that

The kids play college ball to make the NFL. thats their dream.
Your ok with fielding a team of young men who murder, sexual assault women..Ima take it the racial route real fast... .As a young black man who coaches some at risk youth football players that kind of thinking is disgusting. Coaching is a not all about Ws. Even at the college level. You need to win but not at the expense of helping build character and setting these young men up for success down the road.

Hes not paid 4 million a year to be a community outreach minister. Sorry, but this is entertainment. If it was about anything else, games would be free and coaches would be volunteers. Stop being naive.

Win big or gtfoh.

Hes not paid 4 million a year to be a community outreach minister. Sorry, but this is entertainment. If it was about anything else, games would be free and coaches would be volunteers. Stop being naive.

Win big or gtfoh.

Right, this is all about your entertainment.

Advertisement
LMAO at "most of those thugs making tons of money". Right. That's why those projects look better and better every year, and why prisons are filled with black men. They have it all figured out.

Once again CIS allows this blatant racist to porst and porst. How the **** are u a fan of this team, which oozes black culture and swagger as its primary identity. Seriously dude there are plenty of uppity waspy schools to root for where the fans are afraid of the young black men they root for. Get out of my face you **** POS.

Jaromir!

So great to see you back!

How has training been going? Are you prepared for the upcoming season?

Win big or gtfoh.
Convo been ended fam..go back to sleep

Win big or gtfoh.

If you want to root for a "win at all costs" university, you've picked the wrong one. Ohio State and Florida would be more to your liking.

Advertisement
It is nothing like Coker. Coker literally never pulled in a class that was better than Butch's class. Kirby on the other hand has pulled in better classes than Richt has ever pulled. Once his guys are in and have experience he will be blowing away Richts success at UGA. The reason they look so bad now is due to Richts poor roster management. Most of the guys on the field now are young guys that Kirby brought in as opposed to Richts upper classmen that should be leading the squad. They only have 1 Richt guy on the entire OL. The rest are young players.

This dude got a hard on for Richt
That is bull****. Recruiting rankings in the early 2000s was far less accurate. In those days something like 30% of 5 stars ended up making an NFL roster. Now its closer to 90%. As you stated they did not pan out. Butch recruited more HOFers and elite college players than Coker did. He had a good team, but it is nothing compared to what Kirby is building.

Hanging on Kirby’s nuts again, smelling like a Ga troll.

If you want to root for a "win at all costs" university, you've picked the wrong one. Ohio State and Florida would be more to your liking.

Lmfao when did you become a fan of this team????? How the **** do u think we won 5 national titles in 20 years??

Thats the whole point. I want Miami to play wth the big boys like we USED to do. People like you want to be Northwestern (minus the good academics). It’s pathetic.

Advertisement
Lmfao when did you become a fan of this team????? How the **** do u think we won 5 national titles in 20 years??

Thats the whole point. I want Miami to play wth the big boys like we USED to do. People like you want to be Northwestern (minus the good academics). It’s pathetic.

3 years ago. When Richt arrived. He threw out all of his UGA gear and became a Miami fan. It is very bizarre when you love a man so much you are willing to root for a different team.

People like you are completely blinded to the fact that the university has changed and will never go back to the way we USED to do. Just pick a different school to root for, it'll save you from whining every day of your life.

I wasn't saying that other coaches wouldn't do the same thing. I was just throwing in the fact that Richt loves suspending elite kids. Also, Jimbo, Urban, and Meyer would have been able to get that covered up before any actual charges were brought up.

Are you really saying that coaches should condone felonies and keep players on team? Weird **** thinking.

Advertisement
Back